- Tuesday and Thursday: Eliminate Your Mortgage and Consumer Debt workshop; 7:30 p.m., Hawthorn Suites, 4049 Jimmie Dyess Parkway; open to homeowners and public; free; call for seating; RSVP to (706) 564-5885.
- Thursday: Augusta Investing Meetup; 6 p.m., Wallace Branch Library, 1237 Laney-Walker Blvd.; join to take control of your financial future and learn about investing; www.meetup.com/The-Augusta-Investing-Meetup-Group.
- Aug. 24: The Power of E-mail Marketing Mega Workshop; 9:30 a.m., Augusta Technical College, Room 633, 3200 Augusta Tech Drive; comprehensive discussion about what e-mail marketing is, why it works so well and how to use it to build business and drive sales; $39; register online at www.augustasbdc.org.
- Aug. 27: Small Business Breakfast; 7:30-10 a.m., Partridge Inn, 2110 Walton Way; keynote speaker Terri L. Denison, Georgia District Director for U.S. Small Business Administration; theme is Entreprenuers: Reviving the Economy in Challenging Times; $35 advance tickets; no tickets sold at door; contact (706) 267-0579 or hba@ hbagroup-intl.com.
- Sept. 9: Georgia Sales and Use Tax Workshop; 8:30 a.m., Augusta Technical College, Building 1000, 3200 Augusta Tech Drive; free one-day workshop presented by the Georgia Department of Revenue will provide an overview of the Georgia Sales and Use Tax; will cover form completion, applicability issues and filings requirements; call (706) 721-4545.
- Sept. 10: North Augusta Chamber Business Expo and Business After Hours; 4-8 p.m., North Augusta Community Center, 495 Brookside Ave.; Small Business Person of the Year award at 6 p.m.; reservations required; space is limited; RSVP to (803) 279-2323 or judy@north augustachamber.org.
- Sept. 14: Fifth annual Columbia County Chamber Golf Tournament; registration 11:30 a.m., shotgun start 12:30 p.m.; Bartram Trail Golf Club, 470 Bartram Trail Club Drive, Evans; Tammy Shepherd at (706) 651-0018 or email@example.com.
- Sept. 16: CSRA Chapter of the Georgia Association of Accountants and Tax Professionals' Tax Seminar for Tax Professionals; 8 a.m. to noon, Augusta Metro Federal Credit Union, 205 Davis Road; call Jack Steinberg at (706) 733-1630 or Jerry Brigham at (706) 650-1700.
- Oct. 7: Women in Business Luncheon; 11:30 a.m., North Augusta Community Center, 495 Brookside Ave., North Augusta; speaker Andrea Usry of Serotta Maddox Evans & Associates, taxes for women; $20 members, $25 nonmembers; RSVP to Judy Whaley at firstname.lastname@example.org or (803) 279-2323.
- Third Thursdays networking and social hour; UGA Alumni Association, Augusta chapter; 6 p.m., Indigo Joe's Sports Pub and Restaurant, 3730 Wheeler Road; free; www.alumni.uga.edu/alumni/RegAug.html.
- Kiwanis Club of Uptown Augusta; 1 p.m. Tuesdays, The Partridge Inn, 2110 Walton Way; club seeks members interested in fellowship and community; Bill Bates, (706) 306-6328 or email@example.com.
- Free small-business consulting is offered by the Small Business Development Center, Enterprise Mill, 1450 Greene St., Suite 3500; services include help in developing or updating business plans, developing financial projections, identifying sources of capital, establishing record-keeping systems and analyzing financial records, accessing market data, creating marketing strategies, strategic planning, identifying suppliers and more; appointment required; (706) 721-4545.
- President's Club & Foundations Classes; ongoing reinforcement of Sandler Training for business owners, managers and sales representatives; 8:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays: Sandler Sales Institute, 936 Broad St., Suite 2003; (706) 432-0040.
- Networking on the MIC; 5:30-7:30 p.m. second Thursdays; Club Night Life, 2849 Deans Bridge Road; with Helen Blocker-Adams; for tickets, call (706) 267-0579.
- Instructor-led online courses; Augusta State University's Education to Go program; (706) 736-1636 for schedule or go to ced.aug.edu and click on "courses."
- Free counseling for small-business owners and entrepreneurs; SCORE Associates, a nonprofit volunteer organization; call (706) 793-9998 in Augusta, (803) 641-1111 in Aiken and (803) 279-2323 in North Augusta.
- Home-buyer workshops; Neighborhood Assistance Corp. of America; Saturdays, free; sign up at www.naca.com or call (706) 855-7464 or (888) 302-NACA.