- American Metals Inc. of Augusta has received the American Institute of Steel Construction certification for meeting the requirements for Standards for Steel Building Structures.
- Fred Daitch , the owner of International Uniform, was the featured speaker at the annual Lincoln County Chamber of Commerce banquet. His topics included business survival techniques, marketing and motivating employees.
- Bobby Hawes and the Hawes Insurance Agency were named the 2007 Georgia's Agent and Agency of the Year for achievements in policy growth, customer satisfaction and retention, exceptional staff support and financial services.
- Tommy Norris, of Prudential's The Norris Group in Martinez, has been named a member of the Prudential Annuities Masters Council for achievements in annuity sales and service.
- Streeter Printing and Graphics of Augusta has become a corporate sponsor of Southeast Tourism Society, a 12-state regional travel promotion association supported by industry leaders such as Days Inn, Amtrak, TripInfo.com and Southern Living Magazine .
- Lindsai Mobley, of Serotta Maddocks Evans & Co. CPAs, has been named MBA Student of the Year by Augusta State University for her academic performance and leadership skills.
- David King , University Hospital Microbiology Lab manager, has been voted 2008 president-elect for the Southeastern Association for Clinical Microbiology. Mr. King has worked at University Hospital for 23 years.
- Maria Vaill ,of Century 21 Larry Miller Realty, has received the master sales professional designation and has been inducted into the Master Sales Society during a ceremony in Chicago for achievements in sales and customer satisfaction performance.
- Dr. Erick Messias , a psychiatrist and epidemiologist at the Medical College of Georgia, has been selected to assist in the Injuries and Risk Factors Study as part of the World Bank-commissioned Global Burden of Diseases Study. Dr. Messias joined the MCG faculty in 2006.
- Dr. Paul G. McDonough , professor emeritus in the MCG departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Physiology and Endocrin-ology and Pediatrics, has received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the South Atlantic Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
- Jason Ewing , the owner of KidWise of Augusta, has been named an independent registered agent for Child Shield U.S.A., a national missing child prevention and emergency response organization.
- Environmental engineering firm Gannett Fleming has relocated its Augusta office to Enterprise Mill.
- Jennifer Gray, of The Matt Nieman Agency, has completed licensing requirements for property and casualty insurance sales.
SUBMIT AN ITEM
Submit text and photos for the Biz Bits section using our online forms at www.augustachronicle.com/business/onthemove. Items received by noon Monday will be published the following Monday.