- Tuesday: Augusta Estate Planning Council; regular meeting; Augusta Marriott Hotel & Suites; 7:30-9 a.m.; speaker Terri Getman, vice president of advanced marketing at Prudential Insurance Co., on Crummey Issues and other ILIT Concerns; nonmembers $30; contact RoseMary Bishop at (706) 828-2612 or email@example.com.
- Tuesday: Young Professionals of Augusta; organizational meeting for club of area professionals between the ages of 21 and 40; 6 p.m.; Nacho Mama's, 976 Broad St.; contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday: Starting Your Own Business; seminar topics include market research, legal structures, estimating start-up costs and cash flow projection; 6 p.m., Augusta Small Business Development Center, 1054 Claussen Road, Suite 301; $49; R.S.V.P. to Debra McKenzie at (706) 737-1790.
- Tuesday: Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours; networking event to build relationships with businesspeople from small, mid-size and large companies and organizations; 5:30-7:30 p.m.; The Partridge Inn; members free; nonmembers $20; register online at www.augustagausa.com or call (706) 821-1300.
- Tuesday: Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce Women In Business Luncheon; Is Your Net Working?; presentation on effective listening techniques, how to move on from conversations and how to develop an elevator speech; special guest, life coach Shirley Wilson Cunningham on STARPower; 11 a.m.; Augusta Marriott Hotel & Suites; $25; register online at www.augustagausa.com or call 706-821-1300.
- Tuesday and Dec. 4 and 8: Apollo Group Inc. informational meeting on evening adult degree programs; 10 a.m. on Dec. 8; 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday and Dec. 4; North Augusta Campus, Business Technology Building on Martintown Road; free; call Lea Ann Thompson at (803) 819-1106.
- Wednesday, Nov. 13 and 20: Turn cold calls into hot prospects; seminar for business owners, marketing and salespeople on strategies, leveraging techniques and advantages used in networking; 7:30-8:30 a.m.; Just Fresh, 503 Furys Ferry Road; R.S.V.P. to Rich at (706) 736-5020.
- Wednesday: North Augusta Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors meeting; 8 a.m.; North Augusta Chamber building; R.S.V.P. to Judy Whaley at (803) 279-2323 or membership@ northaugusta.net.
- Wednesday: Holiday Crime: Nip It in the Bud; class for businesses that are dealing with crime; 12:30 p.m.; Augusta Small Business Development Center, 1054 Claussen Road, Suite 301; $20; R.S.V.P. to Debra McKenzie at (706) 737-1790.
- Wednesday: Preparing Successful Bids and Proposals; three-hour Georgia Tech seminar to help businesses submit technical proposals and bids to government requests; topics include preliminary preparation for bidding and developing your bid price/cost proposal; 9 a.m.; 1054 Claussen Road, Suite 301; free; register at www.gtpac.org or call Lloyd Watts at (706) 729-2076.
- Thursday: Georgia Department of Revenue Sales and Use Tax Seminar; discuss the latest changes in sales and use tax law, local taxes, audit and form preparation; question and answer session will address specific areas of concern; 8:30 a.m.; Augusta Technical College Roy E. Rollins Building, Auditorium 300.; free; R.S.V.P. to Debra McKenzie at (706) 737-1790.
- Thursday: Income Opportunity; mortgage, real estate, investment services; 7 p.m.; Clarion Suites, 3038 Washington Road; free; call to reserve seats at (706) 564-5885.
- Friday: Writing a Business Plan; seminar includes detailed planning outline and other information to help you develop an effective business plan; 6 p.m., Augusta Small Business Development Center, 1054 Claussen Road, Suite 301; $49; R.S.V.P. to Debra McKenzie at (706) 737-1790.
- Saturday: Columbia County Chamber of Commerce Leadership Connection; Denise Ryan will make a return appearance to share her thoughts on professional development; lunch will be served; Starting time 11:30 a.m., Belair Conference Center; $20 members, $25 nonmembers, in advance; R.S.V.P. to programs director Chris Baum at (706) 651-0018 or chris@columbia countychamber.com.
l Nov. 12: Columbia County Chamber of Commerce's SuCCess Columbia County Style; Harlem Vendor Fair and networking opportunity; Red Oak Manor, 410 North Louisville St., Harlem; 5-7 p.m.; members free; nonmembers $15; R.S.V.P. to Chris Baum at (706) 651-0018 or chris@columbiacounty chamber.com.
- Nov. 13: National Philanthropy Day Awards Banquet; Greater Augusta chapter of Association of Fundraising Professionals, annual banquet recognizing volunteer and philanthropic efforts of individuals and companies in the area; 11:30 a.m.; Augusta Country Club, 655 Milledge Road; $40 per person, $320 for table of eight; R.S.V.P. to Beverly Peltier at (706) 771-4023.
- Nov. 14: Augusta Area Society of Human Resources' one-day workshop; Hot Topics in HR by Jan Austin, the author of What No One Ever Tells You About Leading for Results: Best Practices from 101 Real-World Leaders ); $99 full-day registration; $60, half day; 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.; T-Bonz Catering Hall, Washington Road; register at augustashrm.shrm.org.
- Nov. 14: HyperGrow! Your Business; 8:30 am, University of Georgia Small Business Development Center office; $199; R.S.V.P. to Debra McKenzie at (706) 737-1790.
- Nov. 15: Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce Economic Club Series; "Unleashing the Power of Small Business," 2007 Small Business of the Year ceremony with keynote speaker Jeff Strane, director of implementation for the Commission for a New Georgia; 11:30 a.m.; Augusta Marriott Hotel & Suites; $45 per person includes lunch; register online at www.augustagausa.com or call (706) 821-1300.
- Nov. 17: Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America Home Buyers Workshop; no closing costs, no fees and no perfect credit; 9 a.m.-1 p.m.; Augusta Main Library, 902 Greene St.; free; register at www.naca.com or call (888) 302-NACA.
- Nov. 20: North Augusta Chamber of Commerce Small Business Mentor Meeting; guest speaker Investigator Nate Weigle of the North Augusta Department of Public Safety on safety and concerns to small businesses; 8:30 a.m.; North Augusta Chamber; free; R.S.V.P. to Judy Whaley at (803) 279-2323 or membership@north augusta.net.
- Nov. 27: Columbia County Chamber of Commerce Pre-Legislative Breakfast; guest speaker Glenn Richardson of the Georgia House of Representatives; 7 a.m., Savannah Rapids Pavilion; chamber members only; $10 in advance, R.S.V.P. to programs director Chris Baum at (706) 651-0018 or chris@columbiacounty chamber.com.