MAJOR PROPERTY SALES
- E. Calvin Maddox to Robert N. Fox and Christopher A. Fox, Feb. 12, 6.93 acres, Plat Book B3 Page 64, $1.5 million
- Ester S. Walker and Esther S. Walker to B&M Equipment Repair & Certification, Feb. 15, 412 acres, Plat Book R197 Page 725, 4153 Mike Padgett Highway, $400,000
- Sapna & Nisha Inc. to Shemili LLC, Jan. 25, 0.94 of an acre, Tract A, on the north side of Gordon Highway, Plat Book R251 Page 1056; and 0.09 of an acre, on the north side of Gordon Highway, $1.8 million
- Ameristor Inc. to Carey Storage I Ga. Ameristor LLC, 5.15 acres, Tobacco Road, Plat Book R3 Page 31, $3.4 million
- URS Real Estate LP and URS Realty Inc. to Art Mortgage Borrower Propco 2006 ... Jan. 11, 9.91 acres, on the southwest side of Laney-Walker Boulevard, $3.2 million
Source: Richmond County
COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION PERMITS
- Parsons Water for Highland Ave. Water Treatment, 2822 Central Ave., Augusta, Feb. 14, commercial building.
- Bill Easler Inc., for 4102 Colben Blvd., Martinez, Feb. 19, $70,000, addition.
- Melaw Construction, for 4115 Columbia Road, Evans, Feb. 15, $290,000, addition.
- Mid South Int. Ext. Inc. for Tae Kwando, 3815 Martinez Blvd., Martinez, Feb. 19, $45,000, renovations.
- J.A. Brodie Construction, for 210 Colony Parkway, Aiken, Feb. 9, $750,000, commercial building.
- Collins & Arnold, for Mattress Depot, 417 Fabian Drive, Aiken, Feb. 12, $60,000, renovations.
- Collins & Arnold, for Rack Room Shoes, 423 Fabian Drive, Aiken, Feb. 12, $100,000, renovations.
- Collins & Arnold, for Kid to Kid Clothing Store, 437 Fabian Drive, Aiken, Feb. 12, $50,000, renovations.
- Collins & Arnold, for 445 Fabian Drive, Feb. 12, $37,000, renovations.
- RCN Construction, for Blanchard & Calhoun, 139 Market Plaza Drive, Feb. 16, $100,000, renovations.
- H.G. Reynolds Co., for Meybohm Realty, 142 N.W. Laurens St., Aiken, Feb. 13, $228,932, renovations.
- Summerfield Assoc., for First Citizens Bank, 1715 Whiskey Road, Aiken, Feb. 9, $180,832, renovations.
Source: Construction Week
AUGUSTA-AIKEN CONSTRUCTION SPENDING
Year-to-date value of contracts for future construction through January*
TYPE - 2006 - 2007 - % CHANGE
Residential** - $58.9 million - $38 million - -35
Nonresidential*** - 5.6 million - 7.7 million - 37
Total - 64.6 million - 45.8 million - -29
* Includes Richmond, Columbia, Aiken, Edgefield, McDuffie and Burke counties
** Includes single-family homes, duplexes and apartments
*** Includes commercial, government, institutional and religious buildings
Source: McGraw-Hill Construction