1. Adventure Crossing: For $20, you get three go-kart rides, a round of miniature golf and a 30-minute session of laser tag or eight midway rides, including the carousel and roller coaster.
For $10, you get 50 tokens to play arcade games. Adventure Crossing is at 4350 Wheeler Road. See adventure-crossing.com or call (706) 863-3087. In April, the facility is open from noon to 9 p.m. Sunday; 4 to 9 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 4 p.m. to midnight Friday; and 10 a.m. to midnight Saturday.
2. Jump City: This 5,000-square-foot inflatable play area is open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesdays for open play. Weekends are reserved for private birthday parties. Ages 2 and younger can play for $3.50. The fee for ages 3 and up is $6.50. Jump City is at 4407 Evans to Locks Road in Evans. See www.jumpcity.us or call (706) 262-4653.
3. Monkey Joe's: Ages 2 and younger can play for $5. On Mondays-Fridays, ages 3 and older can play for $7.99. On Saturdays and Sundays, ages 3 and older can play for $8.99. For children of all ages, play time is unlimited. Monkey Joe's is at 368 Furys Ferry Road. See www.monkeyjoes.com or call (706) 922-5867. Hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday and noon to 6 p.m. Sunday.
4. Wildwood Park: The Columbia County park has three 18-hole disc golf courses, camping, boating, fishing, bike trails, horse trails and swimming. There are also picnic tables, grills, swings and a volleyball court. There is a $3 fee per car. The prices for activities are as follows:
- Disc golf: $3 daily if member or Columbia County resident, $5 for weekend, $10 per week or $20 per month.
For nonmembers or non-Columbia County residents, the fee is $5 daily, $8 for weekend, $15 per week and $30 per month. Discs are available for use at the park.
For ages 13-15, the fee is $2. There's no charge to ages 12 and younger with an adult.
- Bike riding, swimming and fishing from bank as well as coming to picnic: $3 entrance fee
- Horse trails: $6 per horse
- Boating: $6 per water craft (you can fish from boats.)
- Camping: Reservations required; $20 per night, $18 for seniors
Wildwood Park is at 3828 Dogwood Lane in Appling. For more information, call (706) 541-0586. The hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday-Sunday.
5. Mistletoe State Park: The park is also in Appling and offers hiking, a nature center, picnic facilities, camping and a beach. Free fishing poles are available during office hours each day from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The price is $5 per vehicle for all activities. For camping, there is an additional $25 fee per night. Reservations are recommended.
Mistletoe State Park has weekend activities through October. During Masters Week, visitors can enjoy the following free activities:
- April 3: Children's nature hike, 11 a.m.
- April 5: Stargazing from 7:30 to 10 p.m. with an Augusta State University professor who will bring telescopes. Hot chocolate will be provided.
- April 10: Leaf printing at the nature center from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The nature center, which has hands-on exhibits and mounted animals for viewing, is open Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Sundays from 1 to 6 p.m.
Mistletoe State Park is at 3725 Mistletoe Road in Appling. For more information, visit www.gastateparks.org or call (706) 541-0321. The hours are 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
DO YOU LOVE MOVIES? If you don't mind taking a road trip, Robert Osborne's Classic Film Festival starts today in Athens, Ga. The festival will last until Sunday at The Classic Center.
The festival host is the Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communications at the University of Georgia. Osborne, a host on Turner Classic Movies, has selected nine classic films from the 1920s to the 1980s. Viewers can see these films on the big screen: To Catch a Thief, Double Indemnity, Stand By Me, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Shining, Steamboat Bill Jr., All About Eve, The Godfather Part II and The Wizard of Oz. Celebrity guests will discuss the films.
Individual film tickets are $10 or $8 with UGA student/ Alumni Association ID. A festival pass for all films is $70 or $55 with UGA student/Alumni Association ID.