The winning entry will be featured on the cover of the Applause fall arts preview edition on Sept. 4.
• Entries must be received by 5 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 14, and must include the artist’s full name, age, address and phone number.
• The contest is open to all ages, amateurs and professionals.
• Cover design must be original work and must illustrate the arts in the Augusta community, including one category or several (dance, theater, music, visual arts).
• Finished cover size must be 10¼ inches wide by 10 inches deep (your design can, but is not required to, include the word Applause; The Chronicle reserves the right to add the Applause logo, The Augusta Chronicle logo and the date of publication).
• Employees of Morris Communications Co. and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate.
HOW TO ENTER
Entries can be submitted electronically (.jpg format; minimum 200 dpi) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Applaud the Artist Cover Contest, The Augusta Chronicle Newsroom, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901. Entries will be converted to digital format by The Chronicle staff.
• The winning entry, chosen by a panel of judges, will be the Applause cover Sept. 4. Finalists will be featured in the Sept. 4 Applause, and copies of finalists’ entries will be displayed at The Augusta Chronicle booth Sept. 19-21 during the Arts in the Heart of Augusta festival.
• Entrants retain copyright to their work but grant The Augusta Chronicle permission to use images of their work for digital and print publications and for promotion of Applause and this contest.
• Artists may pick up the original artwork between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Sept. 23-26 at The Augusta Chronicle News Building, 725 Broad St. Entries will be returned by mail if a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope is included with submission. The Augusta Chronicle will carefully handle submissions but cannot be held liable for their condition.
• Keith Claussen, Applause columnist, The Artside
• Todd Beasley, Creative Director, Morris Museum of Art
• Alan C. MacTaggart, Chair, Department of Art, Georgia Regents University
Contact Mary Frances Hendrix, Applause Editor, at (706) 823-3347 or e-mail email@example.com.