The wait is over for Westobou Festival fans. Tickets for the annual celebration of the arts go on sale Friday, Aug. 3, and will be available at the Westobou office, 965 Broad St., from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday; by calling (706) 755-2878 or at www.westoboufestival.com.
The festival, set for Oct. 3-7, will feature five days of events with each day focused on an artistic discipline – visual arts, music, dance, spoken word and film.
Most events will be free, but those requiring general admission tickets include:
• Neo-soul singer Janelle Monae & Special Guests (Maceo Parker, Fred Wesley & the New JBs, Funk You), 5 p.m. Oct. 4; $30 advance, $40 at the gate, $75 VIP, $550 VIP table
• Conversation with Phillipe Petit: Man on Wire, 7 p.m. Oct. 5; $25 advance
• LA Dance Project, 8 p.m. Oct. 6; $75 advance
• Words & Wine with the Kovac Brothers, 5 p.m. Oct. 7; $15
• I’m Fine Thanks Documentary Film Premiere, 7:30 p.m. Oct. 7; $10 advance
VIP tickets are $312.50 and only available at the Westobou office or by calling (706) 755-2878. VIP patrons receive an invitation to a VIP party, VIP seats to Janelle Monae & Special Guests, A Conversation with Phillipe Petit, LA Dance Project and I’m Fine Thanks Documentary Film Premiere and access to VIP tents and preferred table seating.
VIP Music tickets are $75 and allow entry into VIP tents.
For the full schedule, see www.westoboufestival.com.