Elton John to perform at James Brown Arena

Elton John will perform hits from a career that spans five decades in a concert March 6 at James Brown Arena, the Augusta Entertainment Complex announced Thursday.

Back | Next
Elton John will make his first appearance in Augusta since his October 1999 performance on March 6 at the James Brown Arena.  MICHAEL HOLAHAN/FILE
MICHAEL HOLAHAN/FILE

Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. Jan. 20.

This won’t be his first visit to Augusta.

“We are thrilled to announce that after more than 13 years, the incomparable Elton John will once again grace the stage in Augusta, Ga., at the James Brown Arena,” Monty Jones Jr. said in a statement. Jones is the local general manager for Global Spectrum, which manages the arena for the Augusta-Richmond County Coliseum Authority.

Elton John will appear with his band, including Davey Johnstone on guitar, Bob Birch on bass, John Mahon on percussion, Nigel Olsson on drums and Kim Bullard on keyboards.

During his career, Elton John has released 35 gold and 25 platinum albums and 29 Top 40 hits.

He has sold more than 250 million records worldwide and holds the record for the biggest selling single of all time, Candle in the Wind ’97, which sold 37 million copies.

IF YOU GO

WHAT: Elton John performs in concert

WHEN: 8 p.m. March 6

WHERE: James Brown Arena, 601 Seventh St.

COST: $49 - $139; tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. Jan. 20

LEARN MORE: See www.georgialinatix.com or call (877) 428-4849.

nnaugusta
nnaugusta 01/12/12 - 07:16 pm
$49 up to $139 ? Sheeez....

$49 up to $139 ? Sheeez.... Whats a four person family to do? After all the taxes and fee's, that 49.00 ticket turns into 60.00 and that 139 turns into about 155. Add 7.00 each for a soft drink....... Thinking I'll just go buy his live DVD for 13.99 (29.99 at the show) and a 2 litre coke for 1.99.

StevieWonder
StevieWonder 01/12/12 - 07:23 pm
Ok cool, more room for me!

Ok cool, more room for me!

studmuffin1533
studmuffin1533 01/12/12 - 08:03 pm
Last time I saw Elton tickets

Last time I saw Elton tickets were a pricey $12.50

Pu239
Pu239 01/12/12 - 08:59 pm
Chronic Lyricosis....Hold me

Chronic Lyricosis....Hold me closer Tony Danza, count the headlice on the highway...

secretagentman
secretagentman 01/12/12 - 09:22 pm
I went last time and it was

I went last time and it was WAY better then I thought it would be it was REALLY good.

Ushouldnthave
Ushouldnthave 01/12/12 - 11:41 pm
Premium acts demand a premium

Premium acts demand a premium price. Global spectrum has been great for bringing national acts to Augusta. It isn't that long ago that the inept groups running the Arena couldn't get any recognized acts to play here. I may pony up to see Sir Elton.

StaffRN
StaffRN 01/13/12 - 07:27 am
Elton is at his best in

Elton is at his best in concert. It really is a great show. I have seen him in concert 3 or 4 times and will be going again this time too.

AGR354
AGR354 01/13/12 - 07:48 am
NNAugusta, Why would you take

NNAugusta, Why would you take your family? If your kids want to see the Rocket Man let them pay for the tickets.
Great to see an outstanding performer in the CSRA

bubbasauce
bubbasauce 01/13/12 - 08:25 am
It is such a shame that

It is such a shame that performers like Elton John have to be washed up before they come to Augusta. I still may go though.

drivenslow
drivenslow 01/13/12 - 10:50 am
bubba elton john is a

bubba elton john is a legend..legends dont get washed up i went to the last concert here it was a great show..wasnt an elton john fan till after that

JRC2024
JRC2024 01/13/12 - 11:11 am
I saw him in Atlanta many

I saw him in Atlanta many many years ago and the full band concert was great. I also saw him in 1999 and it was also good but not near as good as with the full band. I wonder if the full band will be here or just several of them. Shania Twain was probably the best concert that I have ever been to. David Allen Coe was the worst. He did not sing any of the songs that made him good. Got up and left along with many others.

nnaugusta
nnaugusta 01/13/12 - 11:42 am
AGR354:Why would I take my

AGR354:Why would I take my family, because I am a family person. My kids are still in school so they don't have jobs. I just wish the tickets were not so expensive. Tough times for many of us but....we like entertainment too, even the flashy toupee'd variety! :)

AugustaShagr
AugustaShagr 01/13/12 - 04:56 pm
How many people have kids

How many people have kids still in school that even know who Elton John is? Mine are in college and wouldn't know who is/was without Lion King. Kinda like my Mom & Dad taking me to an Andrews Sisters concert.

nnaugusta
nnaugusta 01/13/12 - 10:40 pm
Shagger, I guess my kids are

Shagger, I guess my kids are well rounded in their music taste. Is that a bad thing? While you are at the concert, take a look around and see how many teens you see singing along!

dele
dele 01/13/12 - 10:26 pm
We went to see him in

We went to see him in Billings Mt last year it was an amazing concert. Our tickets costed $25.00 best in the house..........he was even facing our direction.......: }

formerlawman1217
formerlawman1217 01/16/12 - 07:14 pm
i agree he is a great actor

i agree he is a great actor and probably a 1o best live . but however $49.00 is pricey for any act . per person. even jason aldean wasnt that high.

Discussionstarter
Discussionstarter 01/20/12 - 11:38 am
Poor ticket sales process.

Poor ticket sales process. Can't order tickets online. Been trying for 38 minutes to get through on the phone... continuous busy. Let's get a better ticket purchase system.

Augusta's ties to Liberia date back to 1836

Richmond County’s ties to West Africa date back to the 1830s, when plantation owner Richard Tubman wrote in his will that his slaves were to be offered freedom. More recently, Augustans have ...