Local artists will demonstrate their techniques during Broad Street Artists Row’s Paint the Town exhibition from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 5 and noon to 3 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 6. The Paint the Town Demo Day is free and open to the public.
Participating artists and galleries include:
• At Artistic Perceptions, 551 Broad St., Wanta Davenport will be working on her current oil painting on Saturday and Sunday.
• Step over to Oddfellows Gallery, 802 Ellis St., to see Abby Lauren Edwards create Technicolor portraits. She will demonstrate using acrylics on Saturday and Sunday.
Lucy McTier will be demonstrating her portrait-painting techniques on Saturday.
• Several artists will show their techniques Saturday at Zimmerman Gallery, 1006 Broad St. Lou Ann Zimmerman’s works include “thought-provoking and imaginative watercolors.” Watch her work from 2 to 4 p.m.
Randy Barrs will weave wood into Carolina Snowflakes from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Jeff Birchill, a sculptor and painter, will demonstrate his painting from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Head back to the gallery at 1 p.m. Sunday to watch Janet Sterzen demonstrate silk painting techniques.
• At Whitehouse Antiques, 1010 Broad St., you can see works by Ruth Pearl. Pearl graduated with a bachelor of fine arts in England, and she has practiced and taught art in Kenya, South Africa and the United States. She has returned to her artistic roots and uses acrylics, inks, pastels and charcoal. Pearl will have a demonstration on Saturday.
• At Gallery on the Row, 1016 Broad St., Joan Vanover will create beautiful shell angels and Carol Benning will transform a rock into a work of art on Saturday. Frogs, dogs, monkeys and lions are just a few of Bennings’ rock creations.
On Saturday and Sunday, wood artist Don Henshaw will have his lathe at the gallery, turning unexpected objects into pens.
Visit Sunday to watch Tamara Przylepa’s weaving techniques for creating handmade baskets and Pam Lien knitting purses.
More information about Paint the Town weekend is available at www.augustaga.org, under special offers; or call Zimmerman Gallery at (706) 774-1006.
MORE ART ON DISPLAY:
The Washington-Wilkes Arts Foundation will present an art show in neighboring Washington, Ga., on Nov. 5-6 to include original works such as photography, painting, ceramics and sculpture. The arts festival, now in its eighth year, will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday with free admission.
On Saturday, children will enjoy children’s arts and crafts at the Court Street Livery from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. For more information, visit www.WashingtonWilkesArts.org.
SAMPLE HOLIDAY FOOD: The Fresh Market, 2701 Washington Road, will have a “Taste of the Holidays” sampling event Nov. 5-6. Sampling stations will include holiday meal offerings, such as turkey, ham, a variety of side dishes, standing rib roast, holiday pies and desserts, smoked salmon, cooked shrimp and crab dip and other selections.
The “Taste of the Holidays” event will be from noon to 6 p.m. Friday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.