The Augusta Chronicle and Applause invite readers to join us in celebrating the arts in our community by entering our sixth annual Applaud the Artist Cover Contest.
• Entries must be received by 5 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 10, and must include the artist’s full name, age, address, e-mail and phone.
• The contest is open to all ages, amateurs and professionals.
• Cover design must be original work and must illustrate the arts in the community, including one category or several (dance, theater, music, visual arts).
• Finished cover size must be 10¼ inches wide by 10 inches deep at a minimum of 200 dpi (your design can, but is not required to, include the word Applause; The Chronicle reserves the right to add the Applause logo, The Augusta Chronicle logo and the date of publication).
• Employees of Morris Communications Co. and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate.
HOW TO ENTER
Entries can be submitted electronically (.jpg format; minimum 200 dpi) by e-mail to email@example.com or by mail to Applaud the Artist Cover Contest, The Augusta Chronicle Newsroom, 725 Broad St., Augusta, GA 30901.
• The winning entry, chosen by a panel of judges, will be the Applause cover for the Sept. 7 Arts Preview edition and will be displayed at The Augusta Chronicle booth during the Arts in the Heart of Augusta festival.
• Entrants retain copyright to their work but grant The Augusta Chronicle permission to use images of their work for promotion of this contest.
• Artists may pick up original artwork between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Sept. 18-22 at the News Building, 725 Broad St. The Augusta Chronicle will carefully handle submissions but cannot be held liable for their condition.
QUESTIONS? Call Mary Frances Hendrix, Applause editor, at (706) 823-3347 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.