Numerous artists’ works will be exhibited from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. through Sunday at the Old Academy of Richmond County.
• Stephen Vitiello created his multi-channel sound installation – World Trade Center Recordings: The Winds After Hurricane Floyd (1999/2002) – by attaching microphones to windows on the 91st floor of the North Tower and capturing the wind and creaking of the structure.
• Janet Biggs, A Step on the Sun. This high-definition video shows the extreme conditions of a sulfur miner in Indonesia.
• Cao Guimarães, Limbo. This artist from Brazil blurs the boundaries of art and cinema with this video.
Also showing are:
• re: NOUN, an exhibition of persons, places and things, contemporary portraiture, still life and landscape
• Joe Walters, sculpture inspired by the S.C. Lowcountry
• Jackie Sumell with Herman Wallace, The House That Herman Built
• Scott Ingram, the latest twist on the concrete cinder block