Fire reported at Aiken AA office

  • Follow Latest News

AIKEN -- Aiken Department of Public Safety officials responded to a fire early today at an Alcoholics Anonymous building.

The fire at the building on Linden Street was reported just before 3 a.m. and was quickly extinguished, but not before causing about $50,000 in structural damage and $5,000 in content damage, said Aiken Public Safety Sgt. Aaron Dowdy.

Sgt. Dowdy said the fire was the result of a stove burner being accidentally left on.

Comments (4)

Add comment
ADVISORY: Users are solely responsible for opinions they post here and for following agreed-upon rules of civility. Posts and comments do not reflect the views of this site. Posts and comments are automatically checked for inappropriate language, but readers might find some comments offensive or inaccurate. If you believe a comment violates our rules, click the "Flag as offensive" link below the comment.
The Ode
2
Points
The Ode 07/30/09 - 08:55 pm
0
0

Just say no to drugs.

Just say no to drugs.

KSL
105602
Points
KSL 07/30/09 - 09:10 pm
0
0

And the reason it was

And the reason it was accidentally left on was?

guess who
0
Points
guess who 07/30/09 - 10:25 pm
0
0

ksl, your mother was to

ksl, your mother was to drunk to turn it off.lol

ronjon606
0
Points
ronjon606 07/31/09 - 02:21 am
0
0

I would like to thank the

I would like to thank the Aiken Department of Public Safety.This Fire Department is #1 in my book.
Thank you, and God Bless All of you.

Back to Top

Loading...