SC woman dies at Augusta burn center

  • Follow Latest News

An Upstate South Carolina woman suffering from smoke inhalation has died at the Joseph M. Still Burn Center in Augusta.

The coroner of Oconee County near Greenville said Shirley Mae Hayes, 70, died Wednesday from her injuries suffered during an accidental fire at her home.

 
loading...
Top headlines
Doctor part of effort to improve response to mass casualties
Dr. Gina Piazza is helping to lead a task force to suggest better ways for emergency departments to respond to events like the nightclub shooting in Orlando but says it still doesn't have the ...
Search Augusta jobs