A mobile home inside the Columbia County Fish and Game Club at Thurmond Lake sustained extensive fire damage Tuesday evening after a fire from a neighbors outdoor burning spread to the residence.
It was extensively damaged and will be a total loss, said Martinez-Columbia Fire Rescue spokeswoman Honey Shore.
The fire spread to the Appling double-wide trailer at about 6:25 p.m. after a neighbors outdoor burning got out of hand, Ms. Shore said.
Homes on both sides of the trailer also suffered heat damage, Ms. Shore said.
The mobile home was not the homeowners primary residence, she said. No one was inside the home when the fire started.
At least we dont have a family thats homeless, she said. That would have made it that much worse.
Ms. Shore said people need to remember that the burn ban in Columbia County is still in effect.
Reach Jenna Martin at 868-1222, ext. 109 or