NYU student filmmaker electrocuted on Ga. movie set

  • Follow Latest News

MONTICELLO, Ga. - A student filmmaker from New York University was electrocuted and another seriously injured in an accident while working on a movie set in Georgia, authorities said Saturday.

The NYU crew ran electrical wiring around a house to light a night shoot with a power generator Thursday night, when a mechanical arm lift on a truck parked across the road struck overhead electrical lines, Jasper County sheriff's Lt. Jerry Robinson said.

Robinson said that sent a charge through the wires the crew was working with, shocking one student in front of the house who was airlifted to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta.

John Hunt Lamensdorf, 22, of Sarasota, Fla., who was setting up lights in the rear of the house about 100 yards away from the truck that hit the power lines, was pronounced dead at Jasper Memorial Hospital, Robinson said.

The injured student was not identified.

Comments (1) Add comment
ADVISORY: Users are solely responsible for opinions they post here and for following agreed-upon rules of civility. Posts and comments do not reflect the views of this site. Posts and comments are automatically checked for inappropriate language, but readers might find some comments offensive or inaccurate. If you believe a comment violates our rules, click the "Flag as offensive" link below the comment.
Ole School
0
Points
Ole School 05/31/09 - 09:28 am
0
0
that is ashamed , movie

that is ashamed , movie makers need to remember the FIRST saying to remember is not " the show must go on " it is " THE SHOW MUST BE SAFE " bad awakening but sometimes we get complacent. the young man is in a better place now, ....prayers to his family...... way too young .....

Back to Top

Top headlines

Developer fined by Georgia EPD

The developer of a Grovetown subdivision has been fined by the Georgia Environmental Protection Division for failing to control erosion and other water quality control violations.
Search Augusta jobs