The church received the Marguerite Williams Award, presented annually to the restoration project with the greatest impact on preservation in the state. The building, which dates to 1851 and was rededicated earlier in May, also received an award for excellence in restoration .
An excellence in restoration award also went to Heritage Academy, located in the old Houghton School at 333 Greene St.
The awards were presented tonight at the trusts annual meeting, held in Augusta this year. The Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation, founded in 1973, is one of the countrys largest statewide, nonprofit preservation organizations.