The 2 p.m. ceremony in front of the Wilson home will include an unveiling of the marker by Ray Rivera, the Interior Departments external and internal affairs director. The event is free and open to the public, with a tour to follow the dedication.
The house is at 419 Seventh Street and the marker was provided by the National Park Service.
The Wilson Homes designation as a National Historic Landmark was announced in October. The house was built in 1859 and acquired the next year, when new, by the Trustees of First Presbyterian Church in Augusta as a Manse for their pastor, Joseph Ruggles Wilson and his family.
Thomas Woodrow Wilson, Rev. Wilsons eldest son, lived in the house from 1860 until 1870 during the Civil War and Reconstruction period. He served as the 28th President of the United States between 1913 and 1921.
Historic Augusta acquired the house in 1991, and completed the award winning restoration in 2001.
The plaque dedication is being held in conjunction with the annual meeting of the Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation, during which about 230 attendees will be in town through Sunday.
National Historic Landmark designation is reserved for the most significant historic sites in the U.S. and is the highest historic designation that can be made by the Federal government. Less than 2,500 historic resources are currently National Historic Landmarks. Previously designated sites in Richmond County include the Augusta Canal Industrial District, the Stephen Vincent Benet House, College Hill, the Old Medical College Building and Meadow Garden.