Man killed in house fire died of smoke inhalation

Saturday, April 18, 2009 9:06 PM
Last updated 9:24 PM
  • Follow Latest News

A man killed in a fire Friday night died from smoke inhalation, according to an autopsy performed today.

The autopsy was done at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation crime lab in Atlanta, said Richmond County Deputy Coroner Johnny McDonald. The fire occurred Friday night in a house at 1748 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Mr. McDonald said the man’s identity could not be released until next of kin were notified.

Neighbors said at the fire scene that the resident of the house was an eldery man named Charles Gordon.

loading...
Top headlines

Stormwater fee to fund Columbia County repairs

Columbia County is set to invest an additional $600,000 in its aging stormwater system next year, with the hope that more money and manpower will result in half as many repair orders and fewer ...
Search Augusta jobs