Infant killed in morning fire

Sunday, Feb. 1, 2009 12:04 PM
Last updated 6:55 PM
  • Follow Latest News

Arthur Anderson, 2 months, was killed this morning in a house fire in the 900 block of Flythe Drive, according to the Richmond County Coroner's Office.

An autopsy will be conducted Monday at the GBI-Augusta Crime lab.

According to a news release from Chief Deputy Coroner Mark Bowen, the fire began about 3:45 a.m. and is still under investigation by the Augusta-Richmond County Fire Department.

Other occupants of the residence were taken to area hospitals for treatment, he said, and their conditions are not available.

Comments (24) Add comment
ADVISORY: Users are solely responsible for opinions they post here and for following agreed-upon rules of civility. Posts and comments do not reflect the views of this site. Posts and comments are automatically checked for inappropriate language, but readers might find some comments offensive or inaccurate. If you believe a comment violates our rules, click the "Flag as offensive" link below the comment.
TWIN2
0
Points
TWIN2 02/01/09 - 12:25 pm
0
0
To the family.. You have my

To the family.. You have my condolences. May God Bless you!!

willistontownsc
55
Points
willistontownsc 02/01/09 - 01:42 pm
0
0
Probably another space heater

Probably another space heater fire. And I believe that negligence charges are in order here.

TakeAstand
13
Points
TakeAstand 02/01/09 - 01:50 pm
0
0
My condolences to the family.

My condolences to the family. I can't even begin to imagine the pain. I hope you are wrong willistown, but during the winter its very possible. I hope the rest of the family is ok. I hope that it wasnt negligence and just a horrible uncontrollable accident, that's horrible guilt to have to live with, we will see.

curly123053
5378
Points
curly123053 02/01/09 - 02:29 pm
0
0
Thank God the majority of

Thank God the majority of Willistononians do not think like willistontownsc. I was born in Williston and served on the rescue squad and worked EMS down there for 5 years and I can testify that the majority of the folks down there are fine conservative people. I recently showed a Williston friend one of her postings and he and his wife were appalled that she puts williston as part of her ID. My prayers are with the family of those involved in this fire and there were no facts included for willi to come to this conclusion.

HYPOCRITES 08
7
Points
HYPOCRITES 08 02/01/09 - 02:42 pm
0
0
Man you are seriously

Man you are seriously retarded. The Mother of this child, her other child and boy friend were injured. The male was burned over 50% of his body and in critical condition and all your jackazz had to contribute was that someone be charged? I doubt that you can hurt this Mother anymore than she has been already.

HYPOCRITES 08
7
Points
HYPOCRITES 08 02/01/09 - 02:44 pm
0
0
I hope you never have to see

I hope you never have to see an infant's body or really anyone body. If you did I doubt that would have been the first thing on you mind.

curly123053
5378
Points
curly123053 02/01/09 - 02:55 pm
0
0
Hypocrites and everybody else

Hypocrites and everybody else please do not think everybody in Williston thinks like this lowlife. Williston is full of very warm and caring people. As I stated in my 2:29 post my friend and his wife were appalled at her using their city name in her ID because they are nothing like her.

mable8
2
Points
mable8 02/01/09 - 03:23 pm
0
0
willistownsc: YOU are

willistownsc: YOU are DISGUSTING.

mable8
2
Points
mable8 02/01/09 - 03:25 pm
0
0
My condolences to the family

My condolences to the family and hope for their recovery.

lfennell
0
Points
lfennell 02/01/09 - 04:03 pm
0
0
my condolences to the family

my condolences to the family of this littlt baby.may god bless this baby and may god bless this family.my prayers are with each and every one of you.

BakersfieldCityLimits
1
Points
BakersfieldCityLimits 02/01/09 - 05:13 pm
0
0
I call for an immediate tax

I call for an immediate tax to provide safer heat for the disadvantaged, its time for the rich to do their share.

Jen2803
1
Points
Jen2803 02/01/09 - 06:30 pm
0
0
My prayers are with the

My prayers are with the family. I hope they take comfort in knowing that their baby is safe and resting in the arms of Jesus tonight. I pray that the other family members heal from their injuries quickly. As for the heartless idiot willistownsc shame on you. I grew up not having much and my parents had to rely on space heaters to keep us warm because we couldn't afford natural gas it doesn't take much to have an accident with those heaters but when that's all you have then you have to deal with it. What would you have said if they were found with no heat whatsoever "oh we better throw the book at them for not providing heat for those kids". People are doing the best they can with what they have. Instead of putting them down you should be praying and asking God what you can do to help others who are less fortunate than yourself. I will pray for you also because it's obvious you need it.

apex24
0
Points
apex24 02/01/09 - 07:04 pm
0
0
willistontownsc, do you

willistontownsc, do you always have to be so STUPID. All jokes aside, you are truly an IDIOT!!!!

Ole School
1
Points
Ole School 02/01/09 - 10:18 pm
0
0
I pray for willstontownsc,

I pray for willstontownsc, for he needs it the most , the little baby is safe and sound right where it should be and the family can rest knowing that it is smiling down on them right now ! God has his reasons

GnipGnop1
2
Points
GnipGnop1 02/01/09 - 10:49 pm
0
0
Oh yes it is so negligent to

Oh yes it is so negligent to heat your home with a space heater. Another moronic post by willistown...who's surprised? She thinks it's quite ok to murder your unborn child but if a accident happens while your trying to heat your home that's negligence?

christie
0
Points
christie 02/02/09 - 12:49 am
0
0
My condolences to you and i

My condolences to you and i will pray for you and your family. I am so sorry to hear this. Bless you.

Mistress1024
0
Points
Mistress1024 02/02/09 - 02:47 am
0
0
Willistownsc: That was by far

Willistownsc: That was by far one of the most ignorant comments I have ever heard and my god have mercy on your pitiful soul. My condolences goes out to the family. I pray that god gives her a sense of peace and strength to go on. Its hard losing a loved one, especially an innocent little baby. The baby is now safe in the comfort of gods arm and no longer has to suffer. I also wish her husband and the rest of her family a speedy recovery.

4menmine
0
Points
4menmine 02/02/09 - 04:10 am
0
0
The members of this family

The members of this family are also members of my family's church...it was a horrific accident and our prayers are with them.

1941
4
Points
1941 02/02/09 - 06:43 am
0
0
willis; You are as ignorant

willis; You are as ignorant as you sound,and one day real soon, you are going to go through something that will make you reflect on some of your stupid comments, and then you will forever understand others pain. My sympthy to the family of the baby.

1941
4
Points
1941 02/02/09 - 06:49 am
0
0
Did I overlook the part,that

Did I overlook the part,that stated how the fire started or what caused it. If not , Why is E 2432, asking for a tax for the disadvantaged?

AuntyTee
0
Points
AuntyTee 02/02/09 - 07:24 am
0
0
This young mother is my

This young mother is my neice, and what we need to do is be there for her and her other 2 children. No it was not a space heater. Please pray for them in this time of need.

triscuit
3266
Points
triscuit 02/02/09 - 09:37 am
0
0
They said on the news last

They said on the news last night that they think it could have started in the electrical panel. Let's see what the cause was first, but I doubt they could be charged with negligence. My heart goes out to the family.

RDY2SNAP
0
Points
RDY2SNAP 02/02/09 - 10:35 am
0
0
Didn't yall here that church

Didn't yall here that church going lady..she knows them, it was an accident!

YESWECAN
0
Points
YESWECAN 02/02/09 - 12:06 pm
0
0
So sad...my prayers are with

So sad...my prayers are with the family. Oh yeah w-sc...that was real inconsiderate. This was an infant who lost their life in this tragic accident. Where is your heart and emotion? Do you have kids? Although they can be nerve-wrecking...kids are a blessing from God. They are the most precious gifts. Please think before you post anything. Suppose this child's mother reads your comment. Good Job...LIFE HAPPENS!!

Back to Top

Top headlines

Kettle donations rise in 2014

After a disappointing showing last year, donations to the Salvation Army's local Red Kettle Campaign have risen nearly 20 percent in 2014.
Search Augusta jobs