- Begins today: Georgia Real Estate 75-Hour Pre-License Course; Meybohm-Scarborough Insurance, 3512 Wheeler Road; $450 if pre-registered; (706) 738-4663 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jan. 26: Business Basics and Financial Survival Techniques Workshop; 8 a.m. to noon, Penland Administration Building, Room 110, University of South Carolina Aiken, 471 University Parkway; participants will receive handouts and guidance on resources to help increase profit, reduce costs and make informed business and financial decisions; $30 per participant, payable at door by cash, check or credit card; RSVP to SBDC Office at (803) 641-3646 or SBDC@usca.edu.
- Jan. 26: Starting Your Own Business; 6 p.m., Augusta SBDC Office, 1450 Greene St.; course includes a detailed business startup guide; $69; C. Boisclair at (706) 721-4545, cboisclair@ georgiasbdc.org.
- Jan. 27: North Augusta Chamber A.M. Connection; 7:15 a.m., North Augusta Community Center, 495 Brookside Ave.; breakfast meeting; sponsor is Bridgestone/Firestone; special presentation by the FBLA students of North Augusta High School; $10 members with reservations, $12 others; RSVP to Judy Whaley at (803) 279-2323 or judy@north augustachamber.org.
- Jan. 27: Columbia County Chamber Day at the Capitol in Atlanta; 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; RSVP to Lauren M. Smith at (706) 651-0018, Lauren@columbiacounty chamber.com.
- Feb. 2: Columbia County Chamber of Commerce fifth annual meeting; 4:30 p.m., DoubleTree Hotel, 2651 Perimeter Parkway; $55 members, $75 nonmembers; RSVP to Lauren M. Smith at (706) 651-0018, Lauren@columbiacounty chamber.com.
- Feb. 5: A Heartful Affair: Nicole Miller Fashion Show, 7 p.m., St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 605 Reynolds St.; features heavy hors d'oeuvres, cocktails, music from The Dr. Rock Band, raffle prizes and an auction; proceeds benefit University Hospital Heart and Vascular Institute; $125 per person, $225 per couple; (706) 667-0030.
- Feb. 9: Writing an Effective Business Plan; 6 p.m., Augusta SBDC Office, 1450 Greene St.; will explain the sections of a business plan and how to assemble financial projections; $69; C. Boisclair, (706) 721-4545, email@example.com.
- Feb. 16: North Augusta Chamber of Commerce annual meeting; 6 p.m., North Augusta Community Center, 495 Brookside Ave.; speaker U.S. Rep. J. Gresham Barrett; $40 individual, $375 table; sponsorships available; RSVP to Judy Whaley at (803) 279-2323 or judy@north augustachamber.org.
- Feb. 19: Introduction to Quickbooks; 9 a.m., Building 600, Room 653, Augusta Technical College, 3116 Deans Bridge Road; hands-on computer lab series shows how QuickBooks can help manage your business more efficiently and effectively; upon completion of the series an SBDC Business Consultant will help you implement QuickBooks into your small business; C. Boisclair, (706) 721-4545, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 2: Starting Your Own Business; 6 p.m., Augusta SBDC Office, 1450 Greene St.; includes a detailed business startup guide; $69; C. Boisclair, (706) 721-4545, email@example.com.
l Third Thursdays networking and social hour; UGA Alumni Association, Augusta chapter; 6 p.m., Indigo Joe's, 3730 Wheeler Road; free; www.alumni.uga.edu/alumni/RegAug.html.
- The Best Referrals Network of Life's Opportunities; Tuesdays, 7:30 a.m., with free referrals, Sunrise Grill, 3830 Washington Road; Wednesdays, 7:30 a.m., Sunrise Grill, 404 E. Martintown Road; (706) 736-5020.
- Kiwanis Club of Uptown Augusta; 1 p.m. Tuesdays, The Partridge Inn, 2110 Walton Way; seeking members interested in fellowship and community; Bill Bates, (706) 306-6328 or bill firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Free small-business consulting; Small Business Development Center, Enterprise Mill, 1450 Greene St., Suite 3500; help developing or updating business plans and financial projections, identifying sources of capital, establishing record-keeping, accessing market data, creating marketing strategies, strategic planning and suppliers; appointment required; (706) 721-4545.
- Long Term Care Insurance 101 Workshop; 9-10:30 a.m.; second and fourth Tuesdays; Elmcroft of Martinez, 515 The Pass; refreshments; RSVP to (706) 364-8862.
- Eliminate Your Mortgage and Consumer Debt workshop; 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, Hawthorn Suites, 4049 Jimmie Dyess Parkway; open to homeowners and public; free; call for seating; RSVP to (706) 564-5885.
- President's Club and Foundations Classes; ongoing reinforcement of Sandler Training for business owners, managers and sales representatives; 8:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays: Sandler Sales Institute, 936 Broad St., Suite 2003; (706) 432-0040.
- Networking on the MIC; 5:30-7:30 p.m. second Thursdays; Club Night Life, 2849 Deans Bridge Road; with Helen Blocker-Adams; for tickets, call (706) 267-0579.
- Instructor-led online courses; Augusta State University's Education to Go program; (706) 736-1636 or go to ced.aug.edu and click on "courses."
- Free counseling for small-business owners and entrepreneurs; SCORE Associates, a nonprofit volunteer organization; call (706) 793-9998 in Augusta, (803) 641-1111 in Aiken and (803) 279-2323 in North Augusta.
- Homebuyer workshops; Neighborhood Assistance Corp. of America; Saturdays, free; sign up at www.naca.com or call (706) 855-7464 or (888) 302-NACA.
- Financial pitfalls for seniors; AARP Georgia seminar on protecting assets from fraud and marketplace abuses; CSRA Area Agency on Aging, (706) 210-2000.
- The NoonTime Networkers chapter of Business Network International meets Thursdays at 11:30 a.m., DoubleTree Hotel, 2651 Perimeter Parkway; Amy Kilpatrick, (706) 364-9872.
- Leads at Lunch chapter of Business Network International, 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Stonecrest Southern Steak House, 601 N. Belair Road, Evans; Amy Kilpatrick, (706) 364-9872.
- Business Network International AikeNetWorks! chapter; 11:30 a.m. Thursdays, Woodside Plantation Clubhouse, 1000 Woodside Plantation Drive, Aiken; Amy Kilpatrick, (706) 364-9872.
- Business Network International Referrals & More chapter; meets Wednesdays at 7 a.m., T-Bonz, 2856 Washington Road; Amy Kilpatrick, (706) 364-9872.
- Business Network International Augusta Lunch Leaders chapter; meets Thursdays at 11:30 a.m., Sixth at Watkins Restaurant, 559 Watkins St.; Amy Kilpatrick, (706) 364-9872.
- Business Network International Business and Breakfast chapter; meets Wednesdays at 7 a.m. at The Garlic Clove, 4461 Washington Road, Evans; John Raborn, (706) 394-2605.
- President's Club; reinforcement of sales training systems; Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8:30 a.m., 699 Broad St., Suite 1001; call (706) 432-0040.
- Real Estate Career Information: Blanchard and Calhoun Real Estate, contact Tom Horner (706) 312-5800 or thorner@ blanchardandcalhoun.com.
- Decide whether a career in the insurance industry fits you. Complete Harrison Assessment; Sarah D. Johnston at email@example.com.
- Georgia-Carolina Investment Club is looking for members. If you are interested in real estate investing, call Bert Ellis, (803) 645-7883.
- Income Opportunities in real estate, mortgages and investment services; Thursdays, 7 p.m., Clarion Suites, 3038 Washington Road; free; call to reserve seats, (706) 564-5885.
- Georgia Real Estate Investors Association; 7 p.m., second Thursday each month; Columbia County Library Performing Arts Center; $5 members; $10 nonmembers; call (706) 364-6612.