HOW TO help
- The American Red Cross International Response Fund provides immediate relief and long-term support through supplies, technical assistance and other means. Donations to the International Response Fund can be sent to American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, DC 20013, or made by phone at 1-800-REDCROSS or online at www.redcross.org. Text HAITI to 90999 to make a $10 donation that will appear on your cell phone bill.
- The Episcopal Diocese of Upper South Carolina recommends donations be made to the Episcopal Relief and Development Fund through www.er-d.org, by calling 1-800-334-7626, ext. 5129, or by mail to Episcopal Relief & Development, P.O. Box 7058, Merrifield, VA 22116-7058. Write "Haiti Fund" in the memo line of checks.
- TrueNorth Church in North Augusta partners with www.watermissions.org, which works to provide purified water. Donations are accepted online.
- Catholic Relief Services is readying food and other aid to help families in Haiti. Donate by phone at 1-877-HELP-CRS or text RELIEF to 30644, online at www.crs.org, or by check with the memo line "Haiti Earthquake" to Catholic Relief Services, P.O. Box 17090, Baltimore, MD 21203-7090.
- The United Methodist Committee on Relief, which has had a long-standing relationship with Haiti through the Methodist Church of Haiti, is accepting donations at gbgm-umc.org/umcor.