Presley fans celebrate on late singer's 75th birthday

Back | Next
A white jumpsuit waits as Mr. Sikes prepares to pay tribute to The King of Rock 'n' Roll, who died in 1977.  Zach Boyden-Holmes/Staff
Zach Boyden-Holmes/Staff
ispy4u
ispy4u 01/09/10 - 07:28 am
Celebrating a drug abuser.

Celebrating a drug abuser. Adulterer. Child abusing singer? Oh, no wonder there are a comment. This article is not about James Brown. Had it been, there would have been at least 100 comments by now.

NEone
NEone 01/09/10 - 08:05 am
What? Elvis is dead? I

What? Elvis is dead? I thought he was spotted recently!

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/09/10 - 09:29 am
Paranoia runs deep for ispy.

Paranoia runs deep for ispy.

seenitB4
seenitB4 01/09/10 - 09:55 am
Child abuser,,??? Where did

Child abuser,,??? Where did that come from ispy..The only thing I know he did was give away a lot of money to friends,,kin,,& almost any who wanted it..Sometimes he gave caddys to hired help...Now he might be guilty of a lot of things,,but let's tell the good stuff too..& one more thing his music was outstanding,& that is the reason he is still popular today..He changed music more so than any other human..A lot of that music came from the black singers he listened to since childhood. & also when I see tapes of his concerts,, I notice he was an equal opportunity employer..

deekster
deekster 01/09/10 - 10:15 am
Swing down chariot stop and

Swing down chariot stop and let me ride, swing down chariotstop and let me ride,; Rock me Lord, Rock me Lord; Calm and easy; I've got a home on the other side........

ispy4u
ispy4u 01/09/10 - 10:19 am
Can't stand the facts?

Can't stand the facts? @justthefacts

whatwat
whatwat 01/09/10 - 12:01 pm
Regardless...Jason Sikes does

Regardless...Jason Sikes does a wonderful tribute show to Elvis. He is a talented guy; the show was GREAT. Cant wait for the next one!!

justthefacts
justthefacts 01/09/10 - 03:17 pm
Ispy, fact's don't bother me

Ispy, fact's don't bother me a bit. The fact is Elvis was not from Augusta. The fact is Elvis died over 30 yrs ago. I would imagine 30 yrs from now a story about JB in Memphis won't generate much interest either.

corgimom
corgimom 01/09/10 - 04:43 pm
Elvis was a child abuser. Ok.

Elvis was a child abuser. Ok. From everybody else's perspective, he spoiled his daughter rotten.

story1
story1 01/09/10 - 05:11 pm
Outstanding show last night!

Outstanding show last night! Jason Sikes rocked the Paul Simon Theater and the crowd was terrific. Just heard that Leon Redbone is coming to Paul Simon Theater in February. Another great show. Keep up the good work Ft. Discovery.

lfennell
lfennell 01/09/10 - 09:55 pm
i beg your pardon.elvis

i beg your pardon.elvis presley never abused anybody.he was a good man.he should never have married priscilla.as you can tell,i am a big elvis fan.always have been and always will be!!!!!

janet58
janet58 01/13/10 - 01:16 pm
out of curiousity, how old is

out of curiousity, how old is this guy, anyone know?

Grad rates show improvement by local school systems

Graduation rates in both Richmond and Columbia counties followed the statewide trend of slow and steady increases in 2014, although progress in individual schools varied greatly.