Cartoonist again hits the bull's-eye

It's not often you get a double dip in the morning. I refer here to another of Rick McKee's many fine cartoons, this one -- published Christmas Day -- of President Obama in bed, being greeted by a modern-day Marley's ghost, and a statement attributed to our president.

Obama was quoted on Christmas Day as saying he has proved he can make tough, unpopular decisions. I guess these tough choices include how many trips to take on Air Force One each month, how many speeches to make each week and how many times he contradicts himself on past comments. Frankly, his act is getting old.

At the same time, McKee comes up with a new, thoughtful way to expose the charlatans now running our government. God spare America, because we have a president and a national house of delegates bent on destroying this last great fortress of freedom.

Let me note that I wrote this without the aid of a teleprompter.

Carl Langley, Aiken, S.C.

TechLover
TechLover 01/06/10 - 07:09 am
longing for the days of "the

longing for the days of "the Gippet" Carl?

mpowel21
mpowel21 01/06/10 - 07:23 am
another bigot has spoken, and

another bigot has spoken, and i'm white, carl,

chascush
chascush 01/06/10 - 08:36 am
mpowel21, Carl might be a

mpowel21, Carl might be a bigot but you are an idiot.

BCG
BCG 01/06/10 - 09:28 am
Mpowel21 tell me what Carl

Mpowel21 tell me what Carl said that helps you determine he is a bigot.............? Sounds more like it looks at the actual behavior and the fruits it bears ........ not good intentions which get you no where if they were off track to start with. You know kinda like that obviously disturbed person who forged checks to charties maybe intending to do good but actually causing much harm!

Notreally
Notreally 01/06/10 - 09:44 am
I wonder how the selling of

I wonder how the selling of his Obama hate filled cartoons sold, did he break a record, I for one wouldn't buy any of it. I do still like my Clyde Wells umbrella, now that was a cartoonist.

jboy
jboy 01/06/10 - 10:29 am
I doubt the artist cares if

I doubt the artist cares if you or any other libs by any of it notreally.

obx2019
obx2019 01/06/10 - 10:42 am
Notreality do you hide under

Notreality do you hide under that same umbrella while cheering for your alma mater Laney Wildcats?

Notreally
Notreally 01/06/10 - 12:03 pm
Yep and everybody ask me

Yep and everybody ask me where did I get that umbrella from. Clyde was the best and still is the best cartoonist to come through Chronicle. Thanks.

TheFederalist
TheFederalist 01/06/10 - 10:18 pm
So Notreally, why is a

So Notreally, why is a cartoon that takes Mr. Hussein to task for another example of his obvious lack of leadership, being construed by you as being "hate filled"?

Court rules in probation case

ATLANTA -- The Supreme Court issued a unanimous decision this morning concluding that it is legal for local courts to contract with private companies to supervise offenders on probation for minor ...