Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad Street, Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
- A U-11 travel baseball team is looking for three to five players for the upcoming season. For more information, contact Bob Wilkinson at (706) 267-5077 or Lee Solt at (706) 513-4347.
- The Columbia County Bullets 13U travel team is looking for two players for the upcoming season. Players must not turn 14 before May 1, 2010. For more information, call (706) 533-1061.
- Former professional player Stephen Spragg is offering baseball lessons. For more information, call (706) 799-4019.
- The Harlem Globetrotters' 2010 "Magical Memories" World Tour will make a stop at James Brown Arena on March 12 at 7 p.m. Tickets start at $18 and are available online at www.csratix.com.
- A Dressage and Combined Test Schooling Horse Show will be held on Saturday at Three Runs Plantation in Aiken to benefit the Aiken County Animal Shelters. Those interested in competing or looking for more information should call Mary Lou Welch at (803) 215-8917.
- The Augusta Fencers Club is offering an introductory foil class beginning on Jan. 14 . The class will meet for 10 weeks on Thursdays at 6 p.m. Cost is $150. For more information, call (706) 722-8878 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Augusta Rugby Football Club invites all people interested in rugby to practices each Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Julian Smith Casino ballpark. New players are welcome. For information, call Allen Raborn at (706) 7884 or e-mail email@example.com.
- The Firekrackers 12U travel softball team is looking for pitchers and catchers for the 2010 season. For more information, call (706) 831-3821 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Georgia Rockers are looking for players to fill their 10-under and 8-under fast-pitch rosters. For more information, contact Ike Branch at (706) 860-3886.
- The CSRA Heat will hold developmental volleyball clinics on Sunday afternoons from today through March 21 at the Augusta Prep gymnasium. Clinics are for girls grades 4-11 and the cost is $200. To register, visit www.csraheat.com. For more information, call Lance Abbott at (706) 860-8539 or e-mail email@example.com.