Across the area

Woman charged with leaving children alone

An Augusta mother was arrested Friday after leaving her children home alone while she went to a nightclub.

Police discovered the children, ages 9 and 5, had been left unattended when the 9-year-old called 911 to report what sounded like gunfire near their home on the 2000 block of Second Avenue, according to a police report.

The girl told a deputy that her mother, Lashonda Mobley, left her and her brother by themselves to go to Club Cream. Ms. Mobley, 26, had been gone for more than two hours, the girl said.

Ms. Mobley arrived home about 45 minutes after police arrived.

Her children were turned over to the custody of the Department of Family and Children Services. Police charged Ms. Mobley with contributing to the deprivation of a minor.

Augusta motorist is carjacked by 4 men

An Augusta man reported that he was carjacked early Thursday.

According to a Richmond County sheriff's report, the 21-year-old said he had stopped at a stop sign on Kissingbower Road a little after 2:45 a.m. when four men surrounded his vehicle.

Two men in front of the vehicle pulled out black handguns. The victim was told to exit the vehicle, and he complied. The suspects then got in and drove away, turning onto Gordon Highway heading east.

The car is a gray 1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo and has a Global Auto Sales paper tag. The suspects were described as black, around 5 foot 7 inches with thin builds, and wearing all black. Two of the suspects were also wearing camouflage jackets.

Comments (36)

APiratesLife4Me
APiratesLife4Me 01/02/10 - 02:18 am

Lashonda.....................

Lashonda.......................'nuff said.

ICSunshine
ICSunshine 01/02/10 - 08:24 am

"Club Cream" was another good

"Club Cream" was another good clue....

trujustis
trujustis 01/02/10 - 09:00 am

Shame, shame, shame that is

Shame, shame, shame that is racial profiling....

ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts
ColdBeerBoiledPeanuts 01/02/10 - 09:05 am

That's not profiling, just

That's not profiling, just the powers of deduction. Any person with common sense can figure that out!

johnsdad
johnsdad 01/02/10 - 09:48 am

Carjacking??? Amptjer drug

Carjacking??? Amptjer drug deal gone sour!

andywarhol
andywarhol 01/02/10 - 09:49 am

Here's your girl Mobley:

Here's your girl Mobley: http://appweb3.augustaga.gov/OnlineInmate/MugImage.aspx?img=\\rcsddocsrv\NWSPHOTO\PHOTOS\201001\20100101.ALH

dani
dani 01/02/10 - 09:57 am

Poor kids. Probably scared

Poor kids. Probably scared to death and mama is out partying.
No more benefits.

Just me 2
Just me 2 01/02/10 - 10:41 am

That will not cut off her

That will not cut off her benefits. NOW we just have to pay for her sorry butt to have counseling.

willienelson
willienelson 01/02/10 - 11:06 am

My daughter is a fine young

My daughter is a fine young woman who simply made a mistake. First she accidentally got pregnant when she agreed to have sex only one time with a 33 year old 10th grader who was getting ready for college and under lots of pressure to graduate. Oh yeah, she didn't mean to but slipped up and had sex with a 15 year old that she was baby sitting 4 years later This too was a one time occurence. She lost her job through no fault of her own. Someone had to pay for the diamond studs on her fingernails and her employer should not have given her access to the petty cash. Employee trust should not be based on oral sex. I blame her boss for this incident. She doesn't have to live in CTC, that was a financial decision she made in order to have a much nicer sound system in her 20 year old Honda. Don't blame her for the way life has treated her.

daddyzgirl
daddyzgirl 01/02/10 - 11:18 am

Very bad choice to "party

Very bad choice to "party over pampers"

LadyCisback
LadyCisback 01/02/10 - 11:43 am

Oh please.. I don't feel

Oh please.. I don't feel sorry for her.. She could have chosen better and make better decisions!!

beachbum1776
beachbum1776 01/02/10 - 12:04 pm

Oh, she was just out at Club

Oh, she was just out at Club Cream lookin for a "Daddy" for the children. You know Club Cream was full of men wantin to be "Daddy"s. Just not wantin to pay for them, raise them or be responsible for them. You know, kinda like Barack's "Daddy".

naturehazard
naturehazard 01/02/10 - 12:58 pm

Alot of you people are

Alot of you people are ignorant and need prayer. The article doesn't metnioned anywhere the woman is on welfare. Oh but I forgot because her name. She has to be on welfare of course.
-SARCASM- And these comments are why some people in the north. They continue to look down on the people living in the south. They think you're a bunch of rednecks, racist, and people stuck in the 1950's. You're not helping yourself with the comments on AUG chronicle daily.

bushwhacker
bushwhacker 01/02/10 - 01:10 pm

They are everything you said

They are everything you said nature. Good comment.

APiratesLife4Me
APiratesLife4Me 01/02/10 - 01:30 pm

I got a question ole hazard

I got a question ole hazard of the chronicle....... Where do these warped up names actualy come from?

BamaMan
BamaMan 01/02/10 - 02:39 pm

Car jacking at 2:45am.

Car jacking at 2:45am. Imagine that. And Kissingbower Rd too. Imagine that. Was this person out on an emergency, going to or from work? Why was he out at 2:45am?

JustMe
JustMe 01/02/10 - 02:55 pm

Is he not allowed to be out

Is he not allowed to be out at 2:45 AM? Maybe he was just leaving a club or a friends house. How come it is the victim that gets chastized???

dani
dani 01/02/10 - 03:23 pm

Could be another deal went

Could be another deal went bad.

corgimom
19199
corgimom 01/02/10 - 05:57 pm

Naturehazard, please, go back

Naturehazard, please, go back North. You don't like it here, nobody's making you stay. We don't care how it is up North, and those ignorant Yankees are welcome to look down upon us. Because, as we all know, life up North is just Paradise.

corgimom
19199
corgimom 01/02/10 - 06:01 pm

And, btw, naturehazard, we

And, btw, naturehazard, we know Augusta, you don't. She lives on 2nd Ave. There is about a 99% chance that she is on welfare, especially since she had her first child at age 16. And you call US ignorant. Got it.

mieshel
mieshel 01/02/10 - 09:03 pm

corgimom is the first person

corgimom is the first person to yell go back North! I agree with Naturehazard and Augusta is my home...I lived in both places and I promise you, I am ashamed..

Fiat_Lux
Fiat_Lux 01/02/10 - 09:11 pm

Awwww, Mieshel. I'm ashamed

Awwww, Mieshel. I'm ashamed of you too.

ispy4u
ispy4u 01/02/10 - 09:45 pm

Okay TAKE A STAND, where are

Okay TAKE A STAND, where are you?

ispy4u
ispy4u 01/02/10 - 09:48 pm

Do you expect anything

Do you expect anything different from idiots like COODBEER,ICSUNSHINE,ANIDIOTLIFE4ME, I guess Bubba and Daisy would be more to their liking?

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 01/02/10 - 10:54 pm

It's my understanding she is

It's my understanding she is a student at ASU. I wonder who takes care of the children while she is in school, but maybe she goes to class while they are in school, too. You would be surprised at the people on different threads who have said they let their 5 year old come home to an empty house, that's dangerous enough. But of all things, leaving young children alone to go to a nightclub??? Unbelievably stupid thing to do.

APiratesLife4Me
APiratesLife4Me 01/02/10 - 10:55 pm

That hurt coming from you boy

That hurt coming from you boy I tell ya...really hurts. LOL

corgimom
19199
corgimom 01/02/10 - 10:55 pm

Well, if she wasn't on

Well, if she wasn't on welfare before, she will be now. Her bond is $13,600. And she will be convicted, and she will be fined. The stars on her top are just beyond classy. *snort*

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 01/02/10 - 11:08 pm

ispy, I usually never read

ispy, I usually never read the across the area because it is just same thing of articles already done. But since you called me ispy, here I am. You want to do some more name calling for no reason? Go ahead if that makes you feel better.

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 01/02/10 - 11:16 pm

I have wondered what the

I have wondered what the appropriate age is to leave children unattended and for how long. Back in the day my mom used to leave us when I was 10 or 11 and I had 5 yr olds to watch, but family lived next door too. I know several moms who leave their 10 year old with smaller children 5,6,7 to go do things for a few hours, but they arent in such a bad part of town. Me personally, I can't imagine leaving mine for more than to run to the corner store at 9. lol and when they are teens I don't even want to think about that. I can't even leave a 9 year old in the car to go shopping like I see a lot of parents do. lol I'm an overprotective mom and I admit it. My husband hates it, so does my son. I know back in the late 80's early 90's there were so many working single moms a lot of young kids kept themselves for hours after school. remeber latch key kids, sometimes they were left alone in the evenings too. To some people 9 or 10 is plenty old enough. But anyone know a site that tells what the law is reguarding that stuff in ga?

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 01/02/10 - 11:25 pm

I didn't comment on the

I didn't comment on the article either so let me make it clear, I would never leave my kids like that to go to a club for sure and at those hours in that area!! crazy. I can be a little sympathetic even though it may be wrong to a parent who had no choice and got put into a tough position and had an emergency, but clubbing, I don't think so.