Morning jog

A jogger cuts through the fog, silence and solitude as she makes her way across Broad Street about 6 a.m.  Zach Boyden-Holmes/Staff
Zach Boyden-Holmes/Staff
JohnTaurus
JohnTaurus 12/24/09 - 06:43 am
Jogging in Augusta at 6 am in

Jogging in Augusta at 6 am in the dark!! She had best have her handgun somewhere on her person. Next, we will read where someone grabbed her and dragged her into a vacant lot or alley. Augusta is where the elephants attack, rob, rape, murder, and pillage.

bettyboop
bettyboop 12/24/09 - 09:11 am
LOL....brave or stupid

LOL....brave or stupid lady......

naturehazard
naturehazard 12/24/09 - 10:05 am
JohnTaurus. Check Augusta's

JohnTaurus. Check Augusta's crime rate versus most cities. The crime here is fairly low. The same few people who haven't been downtown in twenty years. Posting the same comments over and over. If you visited downtown sometime. You'll probably notice alot of people are jogging and riding bikes. Mostly btw 10am and 12noon.

Hepkikyo
Hepkikyo 12/24/09 - 11:03 am
I have to agree with the

I have to agree with the first two posters. I read the crime reports enough to know that being downtown on the streets in the dark is dangerous. People are robbed, and car jacked often enough to warrant some discretion for safety's sake. I only go downtown in the day time, and I only go if I am armed. But then again, I don't go anywhere unless I am armed if it is legal to do so. GA has too many restrictions on where one is permitted to defend one's self. The criminals are given too many liberties for where they may operate free from threat of their victims fighting back.

justthefacts
justthefacts 12/24/09 - 11:40 am
Maybe she WAS running vs.

Maybe she WAS running vs. jogging.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 12/24/09 - 12:20 pm
I had to stop jogging/running

I had to stop jogging/running day or night in 30906 in two of the neighborhoods I lived in. Men, young and old, kept stopping, trying to pick me up even at the walking track, despite the fact that I was over 30, way over! The nerve! After some neighbors also had bad experiences at that track I stopped going there. I was actually approached more recently than when I was very fit from ballet training. It hasn't been too bad in my new neighborhood; but I carry at least a sturdy walking stick always. So far, so good, but I never walk in the dark, only daylight, and I even then I am still sure to be very aware of my surroundings. I've learned you have to be cautious everywhere.

corgimom
corgimom 12/24/09 - 01:10 pm
Wow.

Wow.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 12/25/09 - 11:38 pm
It would have been very nice

It would have been very nice to go blithely through life, never affected or victimized by crime, but that is not reality for many people. Too many. If you have been unaffected by crime, consider yourself very blessed and should be very thankful. I'm never one to say live in fear, but please use commonsense and exercise due caution.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 12/25/09 - 11:40 pm
And I might add, if you've

And I might add, if you've never personally known anyone to be affected or victimized by crime, well, "Wow."