Metro Augusta's unemployment rate for November was lower than October, the Georgia Department of Labor reported Wednesday.
The six-county rate was
9.2 percent, down from 9.4
percent in October. It was 7.1 percent a year ago.
Affecting the metro rate was a decline of 997 people in the labor force.
In the metro area, three counties had higher rates and three had lower rates from October to November:
- Aiken: 8.9 percent, down from 9.9 percent in October
- Edgefield: 10.6 percent, down from 11.0 percent in October
- Columbia: 6.9 percent, down from 7.1 percent in October
- Richmond: 10.1 percent, up from 10.0 percent in October
- McDuffie: 12.1 percent, up from 11.7 percent in October
- Burke: 11.4 percent, up from 10.8 percent in October