AARP made its bed; now it must lie in it

I see that AARP is now backing the president's health care plan. Why not? AARP supported his election.

Now, aren't all you retired folks happy you belong to AARP? If not already having medical problems, you have a wonderful future to look forward to with this health plan. You know, the one that no one in Congress is willing to give up their health-care plan for.

Richard Wilson , Aiken, SC

apex24
apex24 12/20/09 - 01:16 am
AARP is nothing but a Leftist

AARP is nothing but a Leftist Liberal group who pray on elderly people who get absolutely nothing in return for their monthly payments. The AARP is one of the biggest frauds in the last 20 years in this country.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 12/20/09 - 01:27 am
If any form of Obamacare

If any form of Obamacare passes, AARP will cease to exist.

GGpap
GGpap 12/20/09 - 04:25 am
Hey JC, where in the world

Hey JC, where in the world did you dig up that off-the-wall prediction? While I am neither a member nor a supporter of the AARP I'd be willing to bet they'll still be alive and well when you and I have gone on to the happy huntin' grounds! LOL! GGpap

GGpap
GGpap 12/20/09 - 04:34 am
And, Mr. Wilson, gloom and

And, Mr. Wilson, gloom and doom, sir, gloom and doom. Wake up, smell the roses; he@@ I'll bet the sun will shine today! I propose that if this health bill passes it will just be a hole in the levy and your name sake, Joe Wilson, won't have enough fingers to plug the dyke. Much more reform will come as the hole continues to grow bigger and bigger every day. Smile, and prepare for the flood, sir! LOL! GGpap

carcraft
carcraft 12/20/09 - 04:47 am
GGpap on Sun Dec 20, 2009

GGpap on Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:34 AM The only flood will be that of the national debt as it washes America away..!

carcraft
carcraft 12/20/09 - 05:43 am
I quite AARP when they gave a

I quite AARP when they gave a medal to Belafonta after he went to visit Chavez and bashed America...I hope AARP falls apart and rots...

rbk
rbk 12/20/09 - 06:56 am
I made the mistake of joining

I made the mistake of joining AARP before I knew what they were up to, but they won't get another dime from me. They certainly have not helped me.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 12/20/09 - 07:44 am
GGap, what will AARP offer

GGap, what will AARP offer their membership? No insurance or health benefits or buying benefits will compete with the subsidized government plan and the huge increase in taxes will make the membership fees needlessly excessive for the zero benefit. Which part of this is confusing?

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/20/09 - 08:09 am
I agree GGpap the sun will

I agree GGpap the sun will shine,,, I will smell the roses today,,,, The Rep. had years to do something about health care & the did nothing,,, so it is what it is..In the last years my ins. co. decided what medicines I could get...NOT ME,, NOT MY DR.. only because the one they wanted cost 200.00$ less..DIDN'T WORK,,didn't matter to the ins.co.,,incidents like this is what has changed the Am. people,,at the same time these exes. made big bucks in big bonuses,,too bad they couldn't work together on this very imp. issue..

Rhetor
Rhetor 12/20/09 - 09:17 am
Yes, to the dismay of all

Yes, to the dismay of all conservatives, some people think that Americans should have reasonable access to health care, and that Americans should be protected against outrageous behavior by the health insurance companies.

dashiel
dashiel 12/20/09 - 09:21 am
Only the insurance and

Only the insurance and pharmaceutical cartels need lobbyists in Washington?! All the elderly need to do is roll over or bare their necks.

slippery 25
slippery 25 12/20/09 - 10:19 am
Nobody will have any money to

Nobody will have any money to pay the AARP dues. (Except the retired lawyers) The high cost of the new healthcare bill will drain everyone.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 12/20/09 - 10:27 am
Richard must be related to

Richard must be related to Joe "You Lie" Wilson; he is full of anxiety, fear, and worry like most of his righ

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 12/20/09 - 10:28 am
right leaning brethern.

right leaning brethern.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/20/09 - 10:39 am
Niko Mahs, I am sure as hell

Niko Mahs, I am sure as hell no longer a part of AARP because I am full of anxiety, fear and I am a rigthter.

chascush
chascush 12/20/09 - 11:02 am
The price of AARP's gap and

The price of AARP's gap and life insurance is much higher than for-profit companies. Somebody is making a big profit. Most likely the CEO and Hussein supporter Barry Rand. They really looking out for the senior citizens, looking too screw them.

deekster
deekster 12/20/09 - 11:02 am
No more AARP for me!!! I, in

No more AARP for me!!! I, in ignorance, thought they represented retied people's interest. Fool me once!!

getalife
getalife 12/20/09 - 11:06 am
AARP does not offer anything

AARP does not offer anything for the membership fee. I joined and after a year I realized my money had been wasted. They do not represent all of its members, their board decides what they will support and represent. A total waste of money!!

RIPAmerica
RIPAmerica 12/20/09 - 11:11 am
I understand you can still

I understand you can still use that AARP magazine in place of Obama paper.

egan01
egan01 12/20/09 - 11:16 am
I am way past retirement age

I am way past retirement age and I will never give AARP one thin dime. They have never given up on me though, they keep stuffing my mailbox with junk mail trying to get money out of me.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 12/20/09 - 11:40 am
Well Cobalt, I am a member

Well Cobalt, I am a member and each time I renew it's for the 3-year at a clip price. It's a good organization!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 12/20/09 - 11:45 am
c'mon Niko Mahs, I gave your

c'mon Niko Mahs, I gave your more sense than that, AARP supports the givegovermment Health Plan, Oh Sorry, I forgot you are for it.

apex24
apex24 12/20/09 - 11:52 am
Niko, aren't you a member of

Niko, aren't you a member of the Communist Party aka Democrats, why shouldn't you be a dues paying member of AARP???

Irish
Irish 12/20/09 - 12:42 pm
What most people do not

What most people do not realize is that the letters AARP no longer stands for Amer ASSoc of Retired persons. It is now just a logo for a politically active organization. AARP is now divided into three basic sections. One the magazine publications, 2 the insurance recommendations (which they literally make a fortune off their endorsements of) and 3 their political strong arm SEIU. AArp will not cease to exist because it is in bed with this administration whole heartedly and will recieve political favor and pay back from O"bama.....it will probably wind up being the administrative branch for the new health care programs along with other unions...

Irish
Irish 12/20/09 - 12:44 pm
when your renewal form comes

when your renewal form comes in for aarp send it back with a note explaining you are exercising the "opt out" option......

confederate american
confederate american 12/20/09 - 12:46 pm
people of america put your

people of america put your head between your legs and kiss your butt,good bye because this country is going to fall and fall hard.

UncleStrom
UncleStrom 12/20/09 - 12:47 pm
Even my Mom who is an NEA

Even my Mom who is an NEA member dumped her AARP membership. Now THAT tells ya something.....

Irish
Irish 12/20/09 - 12:49 pm
what this bill does is

what this bill does is gaurantee a non working welfare class forever......

chascush
chascush 12/20/09 - 12:59 pm
Niko Mahs, not surprising you

Niko Mahs, not surprising you like AARP you most likely voted for Hussein. Pretty normal for people with low IQs.

gcap
gcap 12/20/09 - 01:08 pm
When I turned 55, I received

When I turned 55, I received a congratulatory note for my new membership in AARP. I called that day, said remove my name from ALL your databases. Haven't heard from them since and don't want hear from any organization whose leadership differs so dramatically from the overwhelming majority of its members. I think the NRA and AARP should do battle.

Many black colleges struggling

Although Paine has struggled with its own failures over the past several years, HBCUs across the nation are dealing with some of the same troubles that are threatening their missions and existence.