Fear of Muslims is merely racist hatred

This is in response to the letter "Don't ignore potential Muslim threat" (Nov. 25).

In the letter, Lawrence Smith says he believes the Muslim faith is a threat to American citizens. Like a typical Muslim-hater, Mr. Smith conveniently overlooks the fact that there are thousands of Muslims who are American citizens who pose no threat to this country. Mr. Smith seems to be afflicted with the same narrow-minded, fearmongering, racist mentality that led to the Japanese-American concentration camps in this country during World War II.

The Muslim faith specifically. and religion in general. is not the evil that now threatens our American way of life. The national debt, the greed of Wall Street and the Federal Reserve are an axis of evil that daily threatens the financial lives of all Americans of all faiths.

Kevin Palmer

Martinez

robbie1
robbie1 12/11/09 - 04:33 am
Mr. Palmer, you make a good

Mr. Palmer, you make a good point, but I think you are a bit narrow in your view. Greed on all of our parts is a danger to our country. Folks ran up their debt, took interest only loans etc to cash in on over-blown property values. Now they have their hand out. Folks stand in line to "Get Theirs" from the government without regard for the future costs. Wall Street is part of it, but so are many of us. Fear of Muslims is fueled by Americans who turn to extremism and decide they should join the Jihad. The latest examples are Hasan and the five arrested in Pakistan this week. There are some who do have nothing but hatred of others and if it were not Muslims, it would be some other group. The reason there is fear and suspicion is because we do not understand how someone can grow up here, live next door to us, work with us, enjoy the freedoms of our country and then decide to turn against us. That they share common traits is fact, not conjecture, and does not make it any easier to differentiate between good and bad Muslims. By making your general statement, you commit the same prejudice as those who deem all Muslims as evil.

Dem_Imonde
Dem_Imonde 12/11/09 - 05:47 am
The Koran instructs Muslims

The Koran instructs Muslims to kill non Muslims. What normal person wouldn't be a little apprehensive about a group of people who's core believe is that their god has commanded them to kill you?

Dem_Imonde
Dem_Imonde 12/11/09 - 05:49 am
And Islam is a religion, NOT

And Islam is a religion, NOT a race, so the title of this letter "Fear of Muslims is merely racist hatred" is yet another example of overplaying the race card, a tactic which is getting very, very old.

JohnRandolphHardisonCain
JohnRandolphHardisonCain 12/11/09 - 06:29 am
robbie, you are overlooking

robbie, you are overlooking the violence perpetrated by individuals and members of hate groups in this country who are not Muslims. The list of violent acts carried out by groups such as neo-nazis is long indeed. Many of these hate groups are located in the south. The Southern Poverty Law Center tracks these groups and their violent acts. Americans should be aware that the overwhelming number of violent acts including attacks on police are done by members of right-wing hate groups and have nothing whatsoever to do with Islam.

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 12/11/09 - 06:48 am
john should know,he is aware

john should know,he is aware of troop strengths and their placements

nofrills
nofrills 12/11/09 - 06:53 am
There is no way for a Muslim

There is no way for a Muslim to be a good muslin and a good American. Every day they will have to decide to either pick being a good Muslim or a good American. You can't be both. If you don't believe me then read their Koran. They have sworn to kill us non-believers. You say trust them they are different. Bull! If you're a Muslim you need to go home and fight for your country. I won't trust you and I won't let my guard down around you. I don't hate you or want you dead. I just want you gone so I don't have to worry about you here and your brothers overseas. If we keep you out of our country we save ourselves lots of problems in the future. My sons are overseas fighting and killing your people but you want me to trust you. What a joke! Not going to happen&#0133

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 12/11/09 - 07:03 am
Ignore the Muslim behind the

Ignore the Muslim behind the wall with the bomb vest. He's your friend and means you no harm. It's just his way, infidel.

seenitB4
seenitB4 12/11/09 - 07:09 am
Cain,, just wondering , ,,how

Cain,, just wondering , ,,how many muslims do you deal with daily??

robbie1
robbie1 12/11/09 - 07:28 am
Hi, Cain, actually if you

Hi, Cain, actually if you read my post again, you'll see that I do address those that hate. "There are some who do have nothing but hatred of others and if it were not Muslims, it would be some other group." See, I didn't forget our beloved racist brethren. I was addressing this Letter to Ed, which labeled the current fear of our fellow Americans who practice Islam as nothing but racist based. If a letter is posted that addresses the irrational fear of white people covered in racist tatoos walking around in jackboots, I will give reasons why this is not so irrational nor based on racism. After I stop laughing of course.

robbie1
robbie1 12/11/09 - 07:40 am
Frills. If you read certain

Frills. If you read certain portions of the Bible, and take it out of context, you can justify racism against blacks. If you read the Bible out of context, you can justify racism against Jews. If you read the Bible out of context, and are... lets say, Muslim, you could deduce that Christians are told to kill Muslims and destroy everything they own and leave no stone stacked on another. Then you could point at the Balkan wars, where Christains committed attrocities against Muslims, simply because they were Muslims. Then you would feel confident that Good Christians were out to get Muslims. Now you and I may look at some of the things done in the name of Christianity, and say, they were crazy or didn't understand the the Bible, but what impact does that have? I have Muslim friends and according to them, extremists Muslims are crazy and "Not Muslims", kinda like I would look at a church that preached racism and say, they're not Christians.

nofanofobama
nofanofobama 12/11/09 - 07:40 am
hi cain i quess the 4

hi cain i quess the 4 murdered policeman in washington state was perpetrated by right wingers also. gosh he didnt look really white to me.

55 F-100
55 F-100 12/11/09 - 07:41 am
The tenets of the Muslim

The tenets of the Muslim faith is to convert Christians, Jews (Infidels) to Islam, failing that then to enslave the infidels or to kill the Infidels. What's to fear about that...right? Americans better wake up, and they better wake up fast!

johnrawllins
johnrawllins 12/11/09 - 07:43 am
Palmer, oh to be a clueless

Palmer, oh to be a clueless idiot and able to walk on the earth!

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 12/11/09 - 08:13 am
many have your same wish,

many have your same wish, johnrawlins. They're called Dems.

rid0617
rid0617 12/11/09 - 08:14 am
Guess what? Being called a

Guess what? Being called a racist does not have the sting it used to and many like me have one standard answer....SO WHAT. The term has been over played and used for every situation someone don't get their way.

I do not hate them but I also do not trust them. Until we quit hearing about American Muslims working with the terrorist I will never trust them.

How many soldiers thought the Major was just another officer on base while he hollered Alah Akbar during his shooting spree. Every time I see a Muslim in the check out line next to me I wonder if the last thing I hear will be BOOM. Not racist, not hatred it's called protecting ones self.

1941
1941 12/11/09 - 08:17 am
For the first time in thier

For the first time in thier life, the white race is AFRAID!!! It is about time!!! They did thier dirt with the indians, blacks,jews, japanise,and every other race they could, now there is a race of people, who is not afraid of them.The white race has met thier match.These people are not afraid to die!! Every post, you people are talking about how scared you are!!! How do it feel.Some people were afraid of the KKK, but no more!!I do not agree with some of the things that the radical muslims have done, but I understand why. They are tired of beign dominated by the white race. When George Bush opend that hornets nest, he did not know, that we will be dealing with the muslim race until the end of time!!!So continue to be scared,instead of trying to understand why other races of people hate the white race!!!!

rid0617
rid0617 12/11/09 - 08:21 am
PSST..... what part of Muslim

PSST..... what part of Muslim is not a race did you miss? I know white folks who are Muslims. And no I'm not scared. That's why my S&W .357 is like an American Express card. I don't leave home without it.

johnston.cliff
johnston.cliff 12/11/09 - 08:23 am
Brilliant 1941. Wish bad on

Brilliant 1941. Wish bad on the people that feed and clothe you and your family. Let me guess....Dem voter?

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 12/11/09 - 08:25 am
How bright can these folks

How bright can these folks that classify islam as a race be?are you smarter than a box of hammers?

robbie1
robbie1 12/11/09 - 08:26 am
1941, I have news for you.

1941, I have news for you. To the the extremist Muslim, you are an American. You are a target. If you are not their brand of Muslim, you are not human. If you don't believe me, go to Africa where Extremist Muslims kill, rape and brutalize blacks because they are Christians, or just the wrong kind of Muslim. Rwanda, Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia... Need I go on? Your racist spew is just as bad as the vomit that flows from some skin head in jackboots or five fat guys wearing their bathrobes on the steps of a courthose. It is (to quote the writer) merely hatred.

justus4
justus4 12/11/09 - 08:28 am
Good letter that correctly

Good letter that correctly nails the the closet racist. The so-called "fear" is twisted by U know who, and a constant drum beat of negative images of Muslims & minorities throughout society has an effect on the ignorant masses. As long as the printing operations apply a look-alike mentality, there will negative beliefs about Muslims. In fact, ask the average hillbillie, flag-waving, small- government-claimed citizen, if the current president is a Muslim and get ready to laugh.

robbie1
robbie1 12/11/09 - 08:33 am
Justus... You speak against

Justus... You speak against racism then embrace it. Just add yourself to the line with 1941.

johnrawllins
johnrawllins 12/11/09 - 08:37 am
41, I'm not affraid, just not

41, I'm not affraid, just not ignorant like you. and rid, try getting that 357 on an airplane. Does anyone remember a couple of weeks ago when a Flight from Atl to Houston was cnxed because a passenger would not get off a cell phone--you need to find the real story and read it!

stillamazed
stillamazed 12/11/09 - 08:39 am
1941 it's obvious that you

1941 it's obvious that you are an idiot and a racist by your post . The radical Muslims have been attacking parts of the world before Bush came along for one thing...and they are not out to get whites, that is obvious by the parts of the world that they have attacked, they are out to get anyone of any race or nationality that gets in their way. Blacks are certainly not off limits so be afraid, be very afraid and when you or your family are on a plane or train and they come in to kill everyone, don't think they are going to look at you and say "oh that's a black lets stop and let them out".

Southern_Patriot
Southern_Patriot 12/11/09 - 08:48 am
Another braindead obamanite

Another braindead obamanite

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 12/11/09 - 08:49 am
Overheard on the

Overheard on the playground-"my god can beat up your god" "no he can't" "yes he can"..................

HotFoot
HotFoot 12/11/09 - 08:58 am
Those of you harping on the

Those of you harping on the misuse of race in the letter's headline, believing that the letter's author composed it, should know that those heads are staff-written. So, it's ACES who is playing the race card (I'm shocked, SHOCKED). Btw, how about you come up with a more accurate term to describe the attitudes so many of you exemplify in your daily posts--ethnicist? Credoist? Faithist? Religionist? I think Hater works well.

johnrawllins
johnrawllins 12/11/09 - 09:00 am
Ask the survivors of 9-11 and

Ask the survivors of 9-11 and the deceased relatives if their feelings are racist hatred. Kevin you are truly ignorant and the bad thing is people like you are allowed to vote--my goodness!

apex24
apex24 12/11/09 - 09:00 am
Kevin Palmer: another

Kevin Palmer: another bleeding heart liberal who calls people racist for telling the truth. He comes from the Ispy & RCR school of if I don't like what you say you must be a racist school.

johnrawllins
johnrawllins 12/11/09 - 09:01 am
At least it works well for

At least it works well for you hot, uh, I mean fruitcake!