Put Fennoy on Augusta Commission

I wholeheartedly support candidate William Fennoy to represent District 1 on the Augusta Commission.

Fennoy was my good neighbor for many years, and was always concerned about local government. He and I would talk politics for hours, and he was well-informed because he attended Augusta Commission meetings.

He often had good suggestions and would relay them to the district commissioner. I recall how he often would talk about waste in our local government and property-tax increases.

He volunteered on several occasions to work with candidates' campaign committees and didn't mind doing the hard work such as putting up signs and preparing food for rallies.

He was very dependable and dedicated, and was a creditable advisor to a number of politicians. He had a lot of input about what people expected from government and would express it.

Once he had a big barbecue and rally for the whole Regalwood Neighborhood supporting the candidacy of late Augusta Commissioner Henry Brigham. He said at that time he wanted Brigham to hear what was in the minds of the voters, and he asked each person present to say something regardless.

This is the Fennoy I know, and I am not supporting him because he is black. I am supporting him because I believe he will be a good servant for all the people.

There will be some of my people voting for him because he is black, just as there will be white people who will vote for Matt Aitken because he is white. It works both ways - yet I can understand my people because the lack of trust of white politicians still remains as it was 100 years ago, and until we are shown differently, things will not change.

And I know, too, that some white people helped elect a black president. Amen!

Tracy E. Williams Jr.

Augusta

ColCo
ColCo 11/17/09 - 08:28 am
And, his statement that he

And, his statement that he will continue the gridlock in Augusta is on the record with television reporters.

No_Longer_Amazed
No_Longer_Amazed 11/17/09 - 08:50 am
He needs to help the

He needs to help the candidates who lost in the recent District 5 School Board race take down their signs.

ONLY THE TRUTH
ONLY THE TRUTH 11/17/09 - 09:22 am
He can give people who

He can give people who disagree with him a beat-down to stop the gridlock....... yeah...real smart

ITALIAN
ITALIAN 11/17/09 - 11:40 am
once he stayed in the hall so

once he stayed in the hall so the Richmond colisseum authority could not do their job, I guess he will need a chair in the hall at the marble palace

ITALIAN
ITALIAN 11/17/09 - 11:43 am
You can understand your

You can understand your people being racist!!!But not white people.

jb5365
jb5365 11/17/09 - 01:16 pm
You`re supporting him `cause

You`re supporting him `cause he`s black. You think that will give you a leg up on someone-or a hand out somewhere. Obama was voted for because the rich folks had already taken ALL the money, now we need to do something for the people. All that money that wasn`t spent on getting the economy straight, hi-ways so you can travel on them, bridges that still are unsafe after the 8 year reign by the Repubs. now all that needs to be fixed. THAT`s why Obama was elected, black or white there had to be some change to end the stalemate. Don`t start it again here....

Emerydan
Emerydan 11/17/09 - 06:04 pm
To tell you the truth, I'd

To tell you the truth, I'd rather have Fennoy then the Morris/Boardman puppet Aitken.

webb@weeseeyou.com
webb@weeseeyou.com 11/27/09 - 08:49 pm
Great Letter! Wishing Fennoy

Great Letter! Wishing Fennoy (and Williams) only the best!

Paine president resigns

George C. Bradley resigned as president of the embattled Paine College on Tuesday as the institution continues efforts to maintain its accreditation after several years of financial mismanagement ...