Homosexuality is far too pervasive

I would like to respond to the guest column written by Melissa Hoskins ("Obama, secretary right to support gay deputy," Oct. 28).

This is a difficult subject to write about because today homosexuality -- even though it represents only a very small percent of our society -- has grown to supposed respectability. It is promoted on television, in movies, politically and even in schools and churches.

Yet, its history is that of immoral decay of cities and nations. Homosexuals cannot reproduce; therefore, they enter the public square to induce children and young people to believe homosexuality is an attractive way of life, and not to be looked down upon.

All our civil laws that we live by come from the Bible; we are not to lie, cheat, steal, swear or kill, and the rest of "thou shall nots" are in the Ten Commandments. There is a natural dislike for the Bible because it reveals our sin and tells us the way we should live. Homosexuality is referred to in the Bible as a lust of the flesh, a wicked sin; and no matter how well we dress it up to be made more acceptable to society, it is still a sin.

Homosexuality is not only immoral, it is also abnormal. Sodomy is the distinction that classifies it and separates it from the rest of us. At one time here in America, sodomy was against the law and was punishable by spending several years in jail. It does not uplift society as one can tell by watching one of their parades.

Homosexuals would have us believe that they were born this way; but that is not true because too many of them have turned away from that lifestyle to a heterosexual, married life, through faith in Jesus Christ. They can change if they wished to!

Gil Ward

Evans

GGpap
GGpap 11/05/09 - 02:36 am
Homosexuals will change their

Homosexuals will change their "ways" just about as quickly as will some weak-minded folks wean themselves from the fairy tales they seem to be addicted to; namely those that are found in the bible, the church, and in those that would be preachers (ordained or otherwise). GGpap

cajunnana2000
cajunnana2000 11/05/09 - 03:11 am
Saying that some homosexuals

Saying that some homosexuals have turned away married and became heterosexuals. Is like saying if I a black female decide that I like and marry a white male I am no longer black. Why can't people just worry about the only soul that they can save is their own and leave others along. That is since you threw a person's faith in it. Now just reread what I said and think about it. In other words, if its not affecting you personally, then leave it and other peoples business along. And no I am not gay but do have gays in my family, as most of us do.

cajunnana2000
cajunnana2000 11/05/09 - 03:11 am
Saying that some homosexuals

robbie1
robbie1 11/05/09 - 05:52 am
Mr Ward, I want to start by

Mr Ward, I want to start by saying your premise that our laws come from the Bible is wrong. Actually, the first law code was written in what is now Iraq. In the beginning of society, groups, tribes, etc, had taboos which they used to govern their behavior. As societies grew, taboos became laws. The Ten Comandments are predated by other "code" and taboos. None of the Ten Commandments are unique to the Judism or Christianity. As a Christian, I am concerned with my relationship with God. If I worry about that, then I will do as Christ told me and love everyone, regardless of their sexuality. I did not see that exception in the Bible anywhere. I will leave it to God to determine what is immoral. As far as someone swaying anyone else to believe or do wrong... I can only affect the beliefs and behavior of one person. Me. I did my best to teach my children to do the right thing, but in the end they will make their choices. If you want someone to choose faith in Jesus, then show them that you have faith in in Him and do what He told you to do, by following the two Greatest Commandments, Love the Lord thy God and love thy neighbor as thyself.

Roeschen
Roeschen 11/05/09 - 05:56 am
I am not sure why everybody

I am not sure why everybody seems to be so afraid of homosexuals. In Native American early society these people were called Two-Spirits and were often the healers, the mediators, the singers, the interpreters of dreams. Their lives were devoted to the welfare of the group They were reverred in our societies because they could see everything with both a woman's and a man's perspective. Two-Spirit Children were understood and accepted by the whole tribe. It wasn't until the Europeans started to influence the Native Americans that the perspective began to change. Now, thankfully, that perspective is again changing. People are again being more accepting of the Two-Spirits, the way it should always have been.

charliemanson
charliemanson 11/05/09 - 06:39 am
Sic'em Butch!

Sic'em Butch!

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 11/05/09 - 06:47 am
Homosexuality is sexual

Homosexuality is sexual deviance. For men it mutilates the body, causing them to lose control of their bowel movements.

WhippingPost
WhippingPost 11/05/09 - 06:49 am
I have no problem with those

I have no problem with those adults that wish to practice homosexuality...as long as they don't expect special dispensation for their choice. I DO find that teaching "Sally Has Two Mommies" and "All of Billies Dads", along with the "homo-gene" theory in government schools, has raised the number of practitioners in this country. The "gay marriage" vote recently in Maine, and the 30 previous votes in the 30 previous attempts to condone "gay marriage" on a state level, shows where the vast majority of this country stands.

nofrills
nofrills 11/05/09 - 07:32 am
put all the gays in New

put all the gays in New Jersey and build a wall to keep them in!

JohnRandolphHardisonCain
JohnRandolphHardisonCain 11/05/09 - 07:37 am
The best scientific evidence

The best scientific evidence supports the conclusion that, for the vast majority of people, sexual orientation is determined at birth. It is not a "choice". Roughly 10% of the population is homosexual, and that figure holds constant whether homosexuals are persecuted or not by the state. Gil Ward misses the fact that the issue of homosexual rights is a civil rights issues because they are a historically repressed minority. Advocating for civil and human rights and seeking equal treatment under the law does require educating the pubic about the issue, but it does not equate with "recruiting" young people to the lifestyle as Gil Ward suggests "because homosexuals are unable to reproduce". I have no doubt there are genetic and in utero environmental factors involved in the determination of sexual orientation. Little evidence suggests that the behavior is learned or "chosen" as Gil Ward ignorantly claims. Why some self-professed "Christians" are so worried about homosexuals asserting their rights is beyond me. Live and let live. Jesus never said one word on this subject. This was a non-issue to Jesus who was about love and neighborliness not fear, hate, or repression.

Justthefacts please
Justthefacts please 11/05/09 - 07:49 am
Homosexuality is a filthy

Homosexuality is a filthy lifestyle, and those kinds of people give me the creeps. If that isn't bad enough, they are beginning to shove this in our faces. Frankly, I despise them!

WhippingPost
WhippingPost 11/05/09 - 07:53 am
Yes, yes, yes, we know. It's

Yes, yes, yes, we know. It's very metro for the far left to promote the homosexuality choice. Teaching, justifying and explaining, which has equated to recruiting of late, can be done from a purely informative perspective or from the promotional perspective that is so popular with the left. The debate goes on. The less than 2% of our population that chooses homosexuality get the same type of promotional attention that Cindy Sheehan got during the Bush administration. The general population seems to be reacting the same way they did to Sheehan.

TechLover
TechLover 11/05/09 - 08:16 am
Gil: Again, just beause you

Gil: Again, just beause you CAN write a LTE every month doesn't mean you HAVE to, and please AC, don't print them. Don't you get enough letters to not have to run ones by the same people every month? Yes Gil, we also aren't supposed to sleep with our wives while they're on their period, have the village stone our kids for backtalking, have multiple wives and concubines, and slaves should obey their masters,.... Are you following any of these?

1941
1941 11/05/09 - 08:38 am
Gil: How do you know what a

Gil: How do you know what a gay person say's is the truth or no? Who are you to worry about someones else's lifestyle? Are you going to hell, for them? Just stay out of other's bedroom!! Take in condersation , that if one [a gay person] stood next to you, or worked next to you, what sickness would you get? None!!!!! The first thimg you and people like you think, when you hear the word, homosexuals, is BEDROOM!!! Keep your mind in your own bedroom, and mabe you won;t have so much time on your hands, to worry about what someone else is doing in theirs!!!!!

LiveAndLetLive
LiveAndLetLive 11/05/09 - 08:40 am
Homo, shomo! First off, we

Homo, shomo! First off, we are ALL Homo Sapiens, and we are ALL 99% identical!!

Here's a great article from the Johns Hopkins University Gazette http://www.jhu.edu/~gazette/2009/27apr09/27genetics.html

of which here is an excerpt that might entice a second opinion of exactly how different (alike) we all are to one another. It reads as follows:

David Valle, director of the McKusick-Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine at Johns Hopkins and a principal member of the newly founded Johns Hopkins Individualized Medicine Program, looks to shake up the one-size-fits-all approach to medicine and usher in a new era where physicians treat a person based on his or her genome and environmental factors.

- to be continued in the next comment

LiveAndLetLive
LiveAndLetLive 11/05/09 - 08:40 am
"Since the earliest days of

"Since the earliest days of medicine, physicians have been educated in terms of generalities. In a sense, standard medicine is average medicine; not to say it's mediocre, but that it's based on a law of averages," Valle said. "You'll learn here is what happens with a patient with pneumonia. But once you get into practice, you don't see generalities; you see a specific person with pneumonia. When you talk with experienced physicians, very often you come to the realization that no two patients are exactly alike."

While the genomes of any two people are 99 percent identical, the minute genetic variations in the 3 billion DNA letters can make the difference between a person who needs five times the average amount of a certain drug to someone for whom the average dose would be unsafe.

LiveAndLetLive
LiveAndLetLive 11/05/09 - 08:41 am
On the other hand, we have

On the other hand, we have noted author/biologist Richard Dawkins, who has said about evolution: "There's sure enough plenty of variation in brain power. All the way from Einstein on the one hand, to Sarah Palin at the other." So, in some ways we are very different, and in many, many others, we are so much alike. Which begs the question-who were Homo Sapiens first parents? (And please don't say "Adam and Eve", LOL. We have all evolved into beings that now have the brain power to make educated, thoughtful decisions on the way we all should live our lives. I, for one, say: "Live, and let live. And love life itself!

WhippingPost
WhippingPost 11/05/09 - 08:49 am
1941, there's never any

1941, there's never any reason for the subject of homosexuality to come up. If gays weren't so "in you face", no one would even know who is or isn't a practicing homosexual. As far as bedroom goes, homo-SEXUALITY, ...hello....

butler123
butler123 11/05/09 - 09:04 am
Everything is being ruled by

Everything is being ruled by Hollywood now. If you want to know if it's morally right or wrong, just ask the famous rich people.

AWyld1
AWyld1 11/05/09 - 09:14 am
I don't care what you do in

I don't care what you do in your own bedroom behind closed doors. I don't want to know either.I don't flaunt the fact that I am heterosexual and despite what Jewish hating Cain says it is not a civil rights issue. They have the right to marry just like a hetero person does. I am all for civil unions but marriage is a religous ceremony joining a man and a woman. It has been like that for thousands of years. I have no problem with their partners being legally able to make financial and heath related decisions but I will never support redefining marriage to make their behavior legitimate.

HotFoot
HotFoot 11/05/09 - 09:18 am
In other words, WP, you're

In other words, WP, you're okay with them as long as they HIDE what and who they are. Big of you. Well, I've never known a gay couple or group to come to my door unsolicited trying to recruit, unlike the proselytizers who have the nerve to disturb my work day and my dogs with their presumptuous efforts to save my soul. That's way too "in my face" (in fact, it's on my property!). I fail to see how depicting gay people (not the "gay lifestyle" you all speak of so sneeringly) in books, movies, and television programs is PROMOTING their sexual orientation.

soldout
soldout 11/05/09 - 09:19 am
Great letter Gil. There is

Great letter Gil. There is no such thing as a gay person just a person who chooses to do a gay sin. Just as there is not a thief person but one who chooses to steal. All sex is a choice. God would not call something a sin and then cause you to have to do that sin. All sin is destructive and that is why He called it sin. He wants the best for you and sin is not it. The wages of sin is death. The biggest product of a gay lifestyle is anger and disease. God defends our free will to live for Him or against Him. Those who live for him are full of joy and peace. Those who live aginst Him are insecure, full anger and stressed because they are betting their lives and faith that the Bible is not true. There is no way to make a drug that will stop the sowing and reaping of the gay life style. There is also a demonic influence at work as no one who under control of their own body who do things to destroy it. Jesus and deliverance will fix the problem. When there is no moral basis for a position we take in life we can only call others names who attack that position.

HotFoot
HotFoot 11/05/09 - 09:23 am
Let me ask you all something,

Let me ask you all something, if homosexuality is such a huge sin, why isn't it in the Ten Commandments that ol' Gil refers to? Your religious objections stem from a couple of ambiguous references in an oft-translated book based, in part, on oral tradition. Not much to go on there.

southernguy08
southernguy08 11/05/09 - 09:26 am
As long as I don't have to

As long as I don't have to see gay PDA's, hear about their "alternative" lifestyle, or have them around my children, I couldn't care less. Let God judge their perversion.

HotFoot
HotFoot 11/05/09 - 09:32 am
southernguy, they're around

southernguy, they're around your children. I promise you your kids have, or have had, gay teachers, coaches, and youth leaders. And so what? There's no reason to think they are any less professional and appropriate in their behavior than the straight teachers, coaches, and youth leaders.

soldout
soldout 11/05/09 - 09:33 am
We are all effected by the

We are all effected by the expense of the gay lifestyle as it spreads disease. It costs all of us money. Unless you close your eyes when you pay your health insurance you see the effect of this sin. All sin is costly just like alcohol that cost 8 dollars in expense to every one dollar collected in taxes and the list could go on and on.

RockHudson
RockHudson 11/05/09 - 09:40 am
Homophobes are so gay!!!!

Homophobes are so gay!!!!

WMartin
WMartin 11/05/09 - 09:46 am
Hate the sin but love the

Hate the sin but love the sinner. Homosexuality is a life style - a choice - a behavior - not a natural or genetic right of birth. Homosexuals have and always will be with us. Many have contributed greatly to our country and to society as a whole. We accept their contributions and can even be grateful for them. But we must still reject their political and social agenda. If you have a good friend, you know that you can tell them the truth no matter how angry or upset they get. They will be appreciative later on. We need to approach the problem of homosexuality in a similar manner. Be a friend. Be strong in your beliefs. Pray for them. Some of the strongest opponents of the homosexual lifestyle are folks who used to be homosexuals themselves! Because it is a behavioral choice, it can be overcome by faithful friends and family.

noway
noway 11/05/09 - 09:51 am
So should heterosexual people

So should heterosexual people who don't procreate go to jail? are they sinners too? Stupid. OH and don't forget, heterosexuals produce gay people. You are ignorant to believe that gay people "choose" to be gay. They do not "choose" to be gay. Yes, people can choose to be unhappy and live a heterosexual life, but that is NOT fair to the person they choose to deceive. Let people be. If you are not gay, then good for you. Just stay out of other people's bedrooms. There is NO proof that homosexuality has led to moral decay and television programs do not "promote" homosexuality, TV has just realized it's reality and everyone better deal with it. Your "Christian" judgmental self should really mind your own business. The Bible actually says that divorce is an abomination, but I don't see Christians writing letters about how divorced people should go to jail and to hell. Ridiculous. And again, only a RAG like the Chronicle would print this crap.

1941
1941 11/05/09 - 09:52 am
soldout;I thought illeagal

soldout;I thought illeagal immigrants, was costing your insurance to go up.I thought abortions was causing your insurance to go up.I thought drunk driving was causing your insurance to go up.I thought the president was causing your insurance to go up, and the list could go on, and on!!!!! The swine flu, is what spreads disease!! Get a life!!!!!

Paine plans furloughs, salary cuts, layoffs

Paine College President George C. Bradley on Friday announced the college will implement furlough days, salary reductions and layoffs to save $2.4 million over the next fiscal year.