Keep editorials, columnists coming

I have never written a comment to the paper before. I'm 82 years old and a widow.

I just felt strongly to write and tell you how much I like your editorials, and to say "thank you" for the columns written by Walter Williams and Cal Thomas.

They seem to love our country like I do.

I hope they will be able to continue.

Bobbie J. Caldwell

Martinez

WhippingPost
WhippingPost 11/04/09 - 07:55 am
Walter Williams and Cal

Walter Williams and Cal Thomas? Honest, facts only, libertarians? You extremist, racist. How dare you write to the paper!

Fish Out of Water
Fish Out of Water 11/04/09 - 08:17 am
This must be one of those

This must be one of those "real Americans" I keep hearing about.

justus4
justus4 11/04/09 - 09:13 am
They "seem" to love our

They "seem" to love our country, eh" Well, what seems and what actually IS, is two different things. That single flaw will doom the country, because sending men/women off to die SEEMS like a leader, killing tens of thousands of innocent people while moaning/groaning about 911 SEEMS like "we are getting revenge" and politicians saying almost anything SEEMS like a democracy, but the sad true is: it is not.

grouse
grouse 11/04/09 - 10:45 am
There's no fool like an old

There's no fool like an old fool...

Boston93
Boston93 11/04/09 - 10:47 am
WhippingPost, Fish Out of

WhippingPost, Fish Out of Water, justus4: I doubt that the three of you together total ages equal 82 years. Experience versus Idiots get my vote.

robbie1
robbie1 11/04/09 - 11:14 am
WOW!!! I want to

WOW!!! I want to congratulate Whip, Fish, justus and grouse on their level of civil discourse. Your posts are definitely what I want folks to look at when looking for real Americans. Friendly bunch, aren't we.

slippery 25
slippery 25 11/04/09 - 11:14 am
Thanks Bobbie. There is still

Thanks Bobbie. There is still hope!

WhippingPost
WhippingPost 11/04/09 - 12:15 pm
Boston, robbie, way to

Boston, robbie, way to perceive.

southernguy08
southernguy08 11/04/09 - 12:47 pm
JUSTUS, as usual, you ignore

JUSTUS, as usual, you ignore that fact that your man is in charge now and has the power to order men and women in harm's way out of harm's way. Instead, he's ordered 5000 more troops to Afghanistan and is considering ordering more there. I've been to Afghanistan. It's as close to Hell as anybody would want to be. As for politicians saying almost anything, again, your party, the Dems, own the White House and both houses of congress, including a fillibuster free senate. This administration has doubled our nation's debt in his first 6 months in office, and this congress went along with it like a bull with a ring through his nose. Given those facts, tell me JUSTUS, just how are Conservatives responsible for the current mess we're facing now?

blueshetlanddog1
blueshetlanddog1 11/04/09 - 01:54 pm
This lady has the right to

This lady has the right to her opinion Whipping Post. Where do you get off saying how dare she write in? How dare you criticize her rights.Grow up and quit name calling someone you know nothing about

KSL
KSL 11/04/09 - 02:07 pm
Obviously you don't recognize

Obviously you don't recognize sarcasm, blue..dog.

jack
jack 11/04/09 - 02:09 pm
blue-if yo ain't smart enough

blue-if yo ain't smart enough to know sarcasm when you see it, I'd keep it to my self.

dont live there anymore
dont live there anymore 11/04/09 - 02:49 pm
Just wait until you are 82

Just wait until you are 82 years old and if you still have bit of your small brain you will understand why someone who has experienced WWII, Korean Conflict, Vietnam, Operation Desert Storm, Iraq and now Afghanistan feels about our great Country. Someone who has lost friends and relatives in all of the above, has gone through a real depression, had to use ration stamps to buy shoes, and more and still is true to the things that made our country so great is to be admired. By the way, I am 84. I also understood the sarcasm.

soldout
soldout 11/04/09 - 05:27 pm
We can learn a lot from the

We can learn a lot from the WWII generation. We just lost a great one in Col. Ken Facey. We need to soak up what you know and stay teachable because we might have to deal with our own depression and World War.

Southern_Patriot
Southern_Patriot 11/04/09 - 08:04 pm
To Boston 93, mega-dittos,

To Boston 93, mega-dittos, Bobbie J. Caldwell has forgotten more than those obamanites will ever know

Former commissioner's case remains under review

While former Augusta commissioner Donnie Smith's statements to Georgia State Patrol investigators likely can't be used against him, the state Office of the Inspector General continues to conduct ...