- Tuesday: Product Develop-ment Training Workshop; 8 a.m. to noon, Room 803, Aiken Technical College, 2276 Jefferson Davis Highway; Profit 101! Advanced Product Development Strategies; to register, call Bonnie Taylor at (803) 252-6976 ext. 6 or go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday: The Case for Roth Conversions; 7:30-8:30 p.m., DoubleTree Hotel, 2651 Perimeter Parkway; presented by the Financial Planning Association; for accountants and financial advisors in need of C.E. and C.P.E. hours; no charge; call (706) 339-8342 and leave a message.
- Saturday: Augusta Code Camp; 8 a.m., Augusta State University, 2500 Walton Way; all-day event aimed at software development and information technology professionals, interested hobbyists and adult students; the camp will bring regional and national experts to town who will provide software development sessions and demonstrations in multiple tracks; free to attend; a light breakfast and box lunch included at no charge; there will be give-aways of books, software licenses and other items; attendees must register; for more information, visit AugustaCode Camp.org.
l Nov. 10: Retirement Has Come; 6 p.m., The Pinnacle Club, 699 Broad St.; free retirement planning and asset protection presentation by Chuck Smith, financial adviser of Edward Jones, and Abram Serotta, of Serotta Maddocks Evans & Co.; complimentary dinner following seminar; RSVP to Debby Markwalter at (803) 279-6065.
- Nov. 12: Columbia County Chamber Pre-Legislative Breakfast; 7 a.m. continental breakfast, 7:30 a.m. program; Savannah Rapids Pavilion, 3300 Evans to Locks Road; keynote speaker Vance Smith, chairman of the Georgia Department of Transportation; free for members, $20 first-time visitors; RSVP to Lauren M. Smith at (706) 651-0018 or lauren@columbiacounty chamber.com.
- Nov. 16: Augusta Arsenal Soccer Club Golf Tournament, registration 11 a.m., shotgun start noon; Belle Meade County Club, 2260 Twin Pine Road, Thomson; tournament will be played in Fort Lauderdale format; door prizes and a raffle will take place and a Lowcountry boil will be served after the tournament; $400 for four-man team, $100 for individuals; hole sponsorships for schools, businesses and families are $125; call Dr. Glenn de Graaf at (706) 495-6260, www.bluesombrero.com/augustaarsenal.
- Nov. 17: CSRA Business Hall of Fame, 6:30 p.m., Augusta Marriott Hotel & Suites, 2 10th St.; dinner and awards banquet recognizing outstanding business leaders Clayton P. Boardman, Boone Knox, James Hull and Nadia Butler; seats $125, tables $1,000, other sponsorships available; contact Laurie Cook at (706) 736-3070 or email@example.com.
- Nov. 18: North Augusta Chamber Professional Development Series; 8:30 a.m., North Augusta Community Center, 495 Brookside Ave.; strengthen management skills and discuss challenges; Michelle Bennett with Serotta Maddocks Evans & Co. will review payroll reporting requirements employers have to consider; $5 members, $10 nonmembers; RSVP to judy@north augustachamber.org.
- Dec. 14: Chamber Christmas Party; 5-7 p.m., Health Center Credit Union, 4339 Washington Road, Evans; members only; RSVP to Lauren M. Smith at (706) 651-0018 or lauren@columbia countychamber.com.
- Third Thursdays networking and social hour; UGA Alumni Association, Augusta chapter; 6 p.m., Indigo Joe's Sports Pub and Restaurant, 3730 Wheeler Road; free; www.alumni.uga.edu/alumni/RegAug.html.
- Kiwanis Club of Uptown Augusta; 1 p.m. Tuesdays, The Partridge Inn, 2110 Walton Way; seeking members interested in fellowship and community; Bill Bates, (706) 306-6328 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Free small-business consulting; Small Business Development Center, Enterprise Mill, 1450 Greene St., Suite 3500; help in developing or updating business plans and financial projections, identifying sources of capital, establishing record-keeping systems and analyzing financial records, accessing market data, creating marketing strategies, strategic planning and identifying suppliers; appointment required; (706) 721-4545.
- Long Term Care Insurance 101 Workshop; 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.; second and fourth Tuesdays; Elmcroft of Martinez, 515 The Pass; refreshments served; RSVP to (706) 364-8862.
- Eliminate Your Mortgage and Consumer Debt workshop; 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, Hawthorn Suites, 4049 Jimmie Dyess Parkway; open to homeowners and public; free; call for seating; RSVP to (706) 564-5885.
- President's Club & Foundations Classes; ongoing reinforcement of Sandler Training for business owners, managers and sales representatives; 8:30 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays: Sandler Sales Institute, 936 Broad St., Suite 2003; (706) 432-0040.
- Networking on the MIC; 5:30-7:30 p.m. second Thursdays; Club Night Life, 2849 Deans Bridge Road; with Helen Blocker-Adams; for tickets, call (706) 267-0579.
- Instructor-led online courses; Augusta State University's Education to Go program; (706) 736-1636 or go to ced.aug.edu and click on "courses."
- Free counseling for small-business owners and entrepreneurs; SCORE Associates, a nonprofit volunteer organization; call (706) 793-9998 in Augusta, (803) 641-1111 in Aiken and (803) 279-2323 in North Augusta.
- Home-buyer workshops; Neighborhood Assistance Corp. of America; Saturdays, free; sign up at www.naca.com or call (706) 855-7464 or (888) 302-NACA.
- Financial pitfalls for seniors; AARP Georgia seminar on protecting assets from financial fraud and marketplace abuses; call the CSRA Area Agency on Aging at (706) 210-2000.
- The NoonTime Networkers chapter of Business Network International meets Thursdays at 11:30 a.m., DoubleTree Hotel, 2651 Perimeter Parkway; Amy Kilpatrick, (706) 364-9872.
- Leads at Lunch chapter of Business Network International meets at 11:30 a.m. Tuesdays, Stonecrest Southern Steak House, 601 N. Belair Road, Evans; Amy Kilpatrick, (706) 364-9872.
- Business Network International AikeNetWorks! chapter; meets Thursdays at 11:30 a.m., Woodside Plantation Clubhouse, 1000 Woodside Plantation Drive, Aiken; Amy Kilpatrick, (706) 364-9872.