Conservatives' presence is still felt

The Augusta Chronicle clearly and unashamedly has a bias toward conservatives and the Republican Party.

Most items published can be seen as supporting that bias. As a publication, the editors have the right to do that, I guess. I find it very strange, though, that a major gaffe by one of the leading mouthpieces of the conservative media gets absolutely no mention in the pages of The Chronicle .

Rush Limbaugh was heard on the air during his own radio show discussing a college thesis purportedly written by Barack Obama that disparages the Constitution. But when the item was exposed as a hoax, he responded by saying that he believes that it's what President Obama would have written. He believes that it is what Mr. Obama believes. And, so, the story continues being presented as fact, not opinion.

I see a lot in print and hear a lot said about the erosion of this country and the trashing of the Constitution. Is this the Constitution they want protected and preserved? Is this the government for, of and by the people that conservatives and Republicans tout? More importantly, is this the kind of government, country or world that you want your children to grow up in?

It's a world based on lies, innuendo and supposition, not on actual facts. It's a world where you can be declared unfit to exist because you disagree in opinion on any given point. It is certainly the world of Bush/Cheney. No, you can't just get over it and move on. That administration trashed this country inside and outside its borders, and continues to try to do so even after leaving power.

There is a quote that I'll paraphrase: When they came for the Jews, I didn't speak up. When they came for the gypsies, I didn't speak up. When they came for me, there was no one left to speak.

Clyde Howell, Aiken, S.C.

omnomnom
omnomnom 11/02/09 - 04:26 am
funny Clyde, that quote has

funny Clyde, that quote has been also recently come into by several patriots, ex-military, libertarians.. and they get called "reactionaries" or "domestic terrorists". If you see any REAL change between the current and previous administrations, it must be due to those rose colored glasses.

WhippingPost
WhippingPost 11/02/09 - 05:10 am
99% of Obama's school

99% of Obama's school activities and records are kept secret. Saying that a paper wasn't written by him, while still keeping his work secret, makes it pretty difficult to prove it false. Kind of like his very suspect birth certificate. It's pretty hard to hide so much of your life and then say you have nothing to hide. And by the way, ALL of the news reported by the AC comes from the AP wire....very liberal.

dashiel
dashiel 11/02/09 - 05:41 am
And do we know for a fact

And do we know for a fact that President Obama has a bellybutton?

southernguy08
southernguy08 11/02/09 - 06:06 am
Okay Clyde, let me get this

Okay Clyde, let me get this straight. The Dems own the White House and both houses of congress, including a filibuster free senate, but its still all Bush and the Republicans fault?

WhippingPost
WhippingPost 11/02/09 - 06:34 am
dashiel, yes! Obama has a

dashiel, yes! Obama has a bellybutton. Remember the beach shots?

dani
dani 11/02/09 - 07:32 am
Mr. Howell Sir..At least YOU

Mr. Howell Sir..At least YOU can still speak up and say that the AC tried to warn you.

Steve Wylie
Steve Wylie 11/02/09 - 07:40 am
What fun would AC be if the

What fun would AC be if the editors were smart?

WhippingPost
WhippingPost 11/02/09 - 07:43 am
The NYTimes and MSNBC provide

The NYTimes and MSNBC provide about all of the smart a nation really needs.

xanadu
xanadu 11/02/09 - 07:49 am
poor ole clyde. here's a

poor ole clyde. here's a little cheese for that whine.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 11/02/09 - 08:08 am
It is amazing how people can

It is amazing how people can hear truth and turn it into bias.

themaninthemirror
themaninthemirror 11/02/09 - 08:15 am
It is amazing how people can

It is amazing how people can be exposed to the truth and still not believe.

dani
dani 11/02/09 - 08:45 am
I will gladly give Obama more

I will gladly give Obama more time to produce results other than those of his own imagination but I would dearly love it if he would stop using the excuse for his failures on "inheriting them". That went stale weeks ago. He might get more respect if he would show some truth, backbone and responsibility.

HotFoot
HotFoot 11/02/09 - 08:56 am
WP, it's time for your

WP, it's time for your Aricept.

Lou Stewall
Lou Stewall 11/02/09 - 09:00 am
Mr. Howell, you fail to see

Mr. Howell, you fail to see the irony of Rush's statement. The media spouted several false racist quotes by Rush in order to block his purchase of the Rams. When confronted with the lies, they smugly insisted the statements were consistent with what Rush believes even if the quotes were made up. So, his remarks on the made up thesis were in parody of how he was treated the week before.

southernguy08
southernguy08 11/02/09 - 09:23 am
DANI, truth, backbone, and

DANI, truth, backbone, and responsibility from a liberal? That's hilarious!!

FaceTheMusic
FaceTheMusic 11/02/09 - 09:40 am
The AC "unashamedly has a

The AC "unashamedly has a bias toward conservatives and the Republican party." Clyde, what ever clued you into that?

butler123
butler123 11/02/09 - 09:49 am
It's just strange, I've never

It's just strange, I've never seen anything like this before. Generally your either for the president, or against. But Obama supporters don't seem like your normal liberal democrats when it comes to this president. They worship him like he's a God. It's disgusting and a little scary.

KSL
KSL 11/02/09 - 10:15 am
Hotfoot, I thought you said

Hotfoot, I thought you said you don't insult people unless they insult you first. I don't see where WhippingPost said a word to you.

HotFoot
HotFoot 11/02/09 - 10:22 am
Alas, KSL, you've nailed me.

Alas, KSL, you've nailed me. I loathe WP and all he stands for so much that I am insulting him preemptively (anyway, he already insulted me on another article thread). So, sue me. What WP says here about Obama's school records and birth certificate are lies...unless he has a degenerative neurological disease, in which case I have advised him to take his daily meds.

genwheeler
genwheeler 11/02/09 - 10:23 am
Rush aired the piece; an hour

Rush aired the piece; an hour later he said there was no sourcing for it and shortly thereafter announced that the work was, indeed, satire. As soon as Rush realized what it was let evryone know. Sounds like he handled it a whole lot better than all the garbage that was spewed out about Bush by the statist media. I'm wondering if you were as concerned about bias when Bush was president? Are you as concerned about the bias of the major media outlets? Are you as concerned when lies are floated that favor Obama? Or is it only conservative bias that bothers you?

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 11/02/09 - 10:39 am
ACES is a lot like a Faux

ACES is a lot like a Faux Noise wanna be in the CSRA. Small time potatoes dreaming for bigger things. It's good to dream though, even if you can't get there.

philldinkens
philldinkens 11/02/09 - 10:41 am
Hotfoot a record of live

Hotfoot a record of live birth is NOT a birth certificate. Also, where are his school records or his passport prior to him becomming a state sen. Util those things are shown, who says they are lies, liberal idiots like yourself?

philldinkens
philldinkens 11/02/09 - 10:48 am
niko shows his intelligence

niko shows his intelligence level again. Fox maintains the highes rating of any two othr cable news networks and the idiot calls them small potatoes--you do it, mahs!

HotFoot
HotFoot 11/02/09 - 10:49 am
Funny how many of you people

Funny how many of you people can believe in Jesus without a shred of evidence for same, but when shown OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN the evidence for your President's birth in this country, it's just not....quite....enough. Please wipe the foam off your mouth, Phil. Not everything is a conspiracy.

HotFoot
HotFoot 11/02/09 - 10:52 am
Niko, seems ol' Phil here

Niko, seems ol' Phil here thinks we're both idiots. I'm good with that...you?

disssman
disssman 11/02/09 - 11:01 am
Just remember that Bobbole

Just remember that Bobbole heads keep moving even after the train stops. And telling ElRushBo idolizers that he is a quack makes no difference. I love the last paragraph and it is so true.

philldinkens
philldinkens 11/02/09 - 11:15 am
Take those lil rabbit

Take those lil rabbit "footsies" from over your eyes and ears foots!

Georgiais1
Georgiais1 11/02/09 - 12:26 pm
Hotfoot...There is a little

Hotfoot...There is a little difference in Jesus and Obama, even if you don't know it. Your dribble is getting more tiresome everyday.

HotFoot
HotFoot 11/02/09 - 12:32 pm
Then don't read it.

Then don't read it. Meanwhile, I thought us "idiot liberals" were the ones who thought Obama the Messiah...

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 11/02/09 - 01:58 pm
PhilDink, I could care less

PhilDink, I could care less what you think. Hey, I'm a poet and don't even know it. Stay thirsty, my friends, you too Hotfoot.

City inspectors look to demolish Goodale House

Rob Sherman, director of Augusta's License and Inspection Department, said his staff plans to ask a State Court judge in early 2015 to order the endangered property, which was built in 1799 and is ...