Stance against Fox News is disturbing

President Obama is treading on dangerous ground. Using a high- handed tactic such as dismissing Fox News as not being a "real news network" should raise the concern of all Americans.

Picking and choosing which networks are given access to the president is un-American and censorship in its truest form. Controlling the media that disagree with your actions is the forte of such leaders as Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez.

It is refreshing to see the other networks realize that if they reported stories that were unflattering to the administration, then they too could be branded as not being a "real news network." If you can do it to one, you can do it to all.

Ralph L Norman

Hephzibah

corgimom
corgimom 10/31/09 - 01:30 pm
Yeah, but they'd still talk

Yeah, but they'd still talk about you anyway, and they'd be even meaner afterwards. Because they didn't get invited. And they'd make up what went on there, to cover up their outrage that they didn't get invited.

jack2006
jack2006 10/31/09 - 01:50 pm
CobaltGeorge - I guess that

CobaltGeorge - I guess that you were sleeping for the last eight years. The things that happened then should have been known. Excuse me, I am sorry, it is known what was going on during those eight years because it is on your doorsteps. Nobody was home to protect the American people on the American soil. We had the wild-wild west tactics throughout this economy. Terror was done by the American people to the American people. That was okay because we called that capitalism. The right to profit at any cost was the business plan. CEOs and CFOs stole from corporation to the next corporation but that was the American way. They stole retirement plans by the mass and created unemployment by the mass. If the profit is taken from the top and not reinvested, what do you think will happen to any company? That's wasn't a government decision. It was okay because we all was listen to FOX News and it made it okay. Everybody had their hands in your cookie jar including your precious government. Now that your government wants what right for the American people, you have a problem with it. Is it that the government has closed the door on the ways that you can take that have you upset?

Harmonielehre
Harmonielehre 10/31/09 - 02:06 pm
Guys, the best way to ruin

Guys, the best way to ruin Fox News is to just change the channel...

Brad Owens
Brad Owens 10/31/09 - 02:12 pm
Yawn...

Yawn...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/31/09 - 02:13 pm
Am I to believe that the Dems

Am I to believe that the Dems in the past 8 years had nothing to do with all that has happened in this country. jack2006, just say they didn't! That will display your intelligence.

SayNoMore
SayNoMore 10/31/09 - 02:17 pm
plum - I don't blame ya.

plum - I don't blame ya. Watching and listening to Fox would ruin the blissful retarded child's world in which you live. Just put on your O-shirt and tell your scaly confidant about how good things are going now. I'll bet he won't argue with you.

Harmonielehre
Harmonielehre 10/31/09 - 02:18 pm
This whole idea of there

This whole idea of there being an "unbiased" news agency is hilarious... it is not in our mental capacity as human beings to be completely objective about anything. The best thing I think anyone can do is just try and watch a combination of everything. Yes, MSNBC probably has a liberal bias, and yes, Fox News probably has a conservative one, so what? They both still report the news. The problem to me seems to stem from the pundits that are on the talk shows. Honestly, I find Beck just as ridiculous and offensive as Olbermann. Fortunately for Olbermann and his stupidity, no one watches his show. In terms of Beck, I seriously think he may have some manic-depressive issues, he just needs to calm the hell down, smoke a little something and chill the hell out... contrary to popular belief, the world is probably not going to end tomorrow...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/31/09 - 02:28 pm
contrary to popular belief,

contrary to popular belief, the world is probably not going to end tomorrow...
Posted by Harmonielehre on Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:18 PM No, the world is not going to end tomorrow but a great nation is ending real fast. The country will still be here but the people will be slaves of the government.

corgimom
corgimom 10/31/09 - 02:37 pm
The world that we grew up in,

The world that we grew up in, yes, it is changing, and not always ways in that we like or agree with. But Cobalt, people have been saying exactly what you have been saying since the Revolutionary War.

LaTwon
LaTwon 10/31/09 - 02:42 pm
fox keeps the warfare state

fox keeps the warfare state happy and the rest keep the welfare state happy. it is a false left right paradigm of a 2 headed singular beast............. nancy grace satisfies most of richmond county. now thats some real news. meanwhile as you snipe at one another your economy has been shipped all over the world and the moneychangers have enslaved you with unpayable debt. grab your ankles.........

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/31/09 - 02:43 pm
True corgimom, but has it

True corgimom, but has it ever been as evident as it is today?

corgimom
corgimom 10/31/09 - 02:47 pm
You can't uninvent things.

You can't uninvent things. You can't change America back to what it was. The America that we grew up in doesn't exist today, and I'm not so sure that wasn't bad. There was a lot of problems back then but people don't think of that. You can't change bad things without affecting good things, too. Nothing happens in a vacuum.

LaTwon
LaTwon 10/31/09 - 02:52 pm
why is it that you can sit

why is it that you can sit here all day and type yet you get disability?

corgimom
corgimom 10/31/09 - 02:55 pm
LaTwon, why is it that you

LaTwon, why is it that you would ask me a personal question that is so obviously none of your business? Why is it that you would possibly feel that I have to explain or justify myself to you?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/31/09 - 02:55 pm
I am old but not hard headed.

I am old but not hard headed. I agree with most of what you said. To change bad things without destroying good things is what I am concerned about. Many of the existing bad things can be changed in a more common sense way. To allow a government of any party to make those changes is not the right way.

corgimom
corgimom 10/31/09 - 02:58 pm
I think that there are still

I think that there are still more good things in America than bad. I don't think it's anywhere near as bad as the media portrays it to be- but good news doesn't sell newspapers or make ratings.

corgimom
corgimom 10/31/09 - 03:02 pm
Oh, and LaTwon-be careful of

Oh, and LaTwon-be careful of your thoughts........ they become words be careful of your words..........they become actions be careful of your actions..........they become habits be careful of your habits.........they become character be careful of your character... somebody posted that on here. Can you tell me who that would be?

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 10/31/09 - 03:05 pm
If someone is typing all day

If someone is typing all day and receiving disability, then it is EVERY taxpayers business because you are a fraud. If you can type all day, you can work.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 10/31/09 - 03:07 pm
plumhappy..........half

plumhappy..........half truths? Do you have examples, or do you intend to just be guilty of libel?

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 10/31/09 - 03:08 pm
I see jack2006 both is

I see jack2006 both is unaware that Bush is no longer president, and feels that you can justify bad behavior by citing past bad behavior........

apex24
apex24 10/31/09 - 03:25 pm
To hear Olberman and Maddow

To hear Olberman and Maddow you would think they work for Obama and Chris Mattews works for Rohm and now we have to listen to the all time idiot of Joy Behar and Mr.Ed. And you people think Fox is bad. If you are listening to these people you should consider moving to Cuba.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 10/31/09 - 03:27 pm
But they give me a tingle

But they give me a tingle down my leg when they talk, apex24!

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/31/09 - 03:36 pm
I think we are straying away

I think we are straying away from the topic of FOX news. I am still waiting for facts and not opinions (FOX Noise is what people who aren't thinking are thinking - If you want news from a conservative point of view, but don't want to hear a pack of lies, - They're talking out of both sides of their mouth....- Fox has irreparably damaged one our essential checks and balances - FOX News has been an arm of right wing extremism for a while now. The flourished under the last administration by stirring up hatred & rhetoric. They should be run out of the country! - I hate Faux Noise and that's a Fact. - slinging the BS on Faux Noise to add to the crudibility of their bad journalism. - But breaking a commandment is nothing for the Faux Noise people because they have no morals. - Fox so called news is a joke! It is a racist channel.) Every FOX news out put has been actual words spoken and documented, videos' of the president, VP, SOH, Frank ect. all able to be seen with the naked eye. Where are the facts that prove that FOX is a lying news network. I am waiting.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 10/31/09 - 03:40 pm
Keep waiting

Keep waiting Cobalt............facts scare some of the idiots to death.

corgimom
corgimom 10/31/09 - 03:41 pm
I am deeply concerned about

I am deeply concerned about what Tigger and LaTwon think about me. Ooh. But I would like to point out to the two of you, you are one accident, one illness away from disability. Everybody is. Don't think that you are immune, or that you're special. I am telling you, sincerely, that you don't ever want to be on disability. Ever. And I truly hope that two of you, and everyone else on here, never become disabled. Nobody deserves it. Nobody.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 10/31/09 - 03:55 pm
Corgi, why worry what those

Corgi, why worry what those losers think about you. If you are truly disabled then your disability payments are warranted. If there were payments for mental disabilities then both of them should readily apply.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 10/31/09 - 03:58 pm
Tugger at 3:27 PM. That

Tugger at 3:27 PM. That could be the only Peabody award that Faux Noise will ever get close to winning.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 10/31/09 - 04:11 pm
Back on topic......anybody

Back on topic......anybody care to list the supposed lies that Fox News reports?

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 10/31/09 - 04:13 pm
If you can't list any facts

If you can't list any facts to back up your hatred of Fox for exposing the foibles of your messiah, feel free to just continue with personal attacks....much like Obama's attack on Fox, it actually helps the ones you are attacking.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/31/09 - 04:24 pm
I guess TTT nobody can debate

I guess TTT nobody can debate issues of Sight & Sound which are part of the human senses. Words voicing hate instead of FACTS.