Stance against Fox News is disturbing

President Obama is treading on dangerous ground. Using a high- handed tactic such as dismissing Fox News as not being a "real news network" should raise the concern of all Americans.

Picking and choosing which networks are given access to the president is un-American and censorship in its truest form. Controlling the media that disagree with your actions is the forte of such leaders as Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez.

It is refreshing to see the other networks realize that if they reported stories that were unflattering to the administration, then they too could be branded as not being a "real news network." If you can do it to one, you can do it to all.

Ralph L Norman

Hephzibah

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 10/31/09 - 10:10 am
Did we miss something and is

Did we miss something and is Bush still in office? Start facing the FACTS of what is happening NOW.

jack2006
jack2006 10/31/09 - 10:11 am
FOX News lost the fair and

FOX News lost the fair and balance reporting years ago. Now, it is only a money making profit for the owner. If this was news then Walter Cronkite was? News, I hope. Yes, you have the freedom of speech but you also have the responsibility of that speech that you are proclaiming. I guess that you could say that they are putting a lot of government intelligent agencies out of business because they are putting out any and everything for them to follow up on. If you really look at it in depth, we are our own worst enemy. We can't shut up. We are like a leaking faucet that causing damage wherever the water flows. There are some things that the public needs to know and there are some things that the public doesn't need to know.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 10/31/09 - 10:56 am
No Converted, witty but not

No Converted, witty but not true. Obama's ratings are going down, as you continue to preach. It is Faux's ratings that are going up because a lot of angry and unpatriotic scared people are afraid of everything from a bug to China's emergence as a rich country. And they are watching the fear mongering Faux Noise. That's the fear factor rating boost for Faux. But when I watch Faux, I really do not find the presentation that professional from a journalistic viewpoint. If I want to get scared, then I'll go to a horror flick without watching Faux.

strangedaysindeed
strangedaysindeed 10/31/09 - 11:27 am
The reason Fox news has lost

The reason Fox news has lost it's credibility is because it never presents the opposite view. It's conservative or nothing. Those of you who say MSNBC is all liberal must never watch the morning shows there, especially Morning Joe...very conservative. I have heard liberals bashed and conservatives praised as well as vice versa on that network. Fox news doesn't just disagree with the president's policies, it calls him Nazi, Communist, Socialist , Mao. If President Obama were to say I'm going to send 40,000 troops to Afghanistan Fox would say "he said he was going to stop the war why hasn't he done it" , if he doesn't send 40,000 troops and decides to pull out of Afghanistan it would be " he should send 40,000 troops and send them right now" . It doesn't matter what he does, what he says, Fox is against it. Fox news all negative all the time.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 10/31/09 - 11:30 am
jack206.......what has Fox

jack206.......what has Fox reported that was not fair and balanced. You people seem to think that if you just keep saying they are not fair and balanced, that it will become so........ Tell us what they have reported on that wasn't fair.......are facts not fair?

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 10/31/09 - 11:34 am
strangedaysindeed..........Fo

strangedaysindeed..........Fox presents the news that CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NPR, etc etc etc refuse to present.....That is a good step toward being balanced. What is wrong with calling supporters of Obama Nazis or Socialists? Can you tell me how his policies differ?

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 10/31/09 - 11:37 am
I seem to remember FOX

I seem to remember FOX pundits praising Obama for allowing Navy snipers to take out Somali pirates. The REPORTERS didn't praise him because it is their job to REPORT!

corgimom
corgimom 10/31/09 - 11:38 am
They are not fair and

They are not fair and balanced because there isn't enough time in a day to show all sides of complex problems. Their slogan is "fair and balanced" but they are in no way required to present fair and balanced. They have their perspective and slant just like everyone else. "Fair and balanced" means different things to different people. If people want to watch it, great. If people don't, great.

zardoz35
zardoz35 10/31/09 - 11:38 am
Fox news isn't news, for a

Fox news isn't news, for a start. Just call them Fox, though that would be giving a beautiful animal a bad rap. Let's just call them F, and you fill in the blanks.

dani
dani 10/31/09 - 11:39 am
I won't defend Fox, it

I won't defend Fox, it doesn't need my help. We need an off-set for the liberal news, and it happens to be FOX. May God protect the truth-tellers.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 10/31/09 - 11:40 am
zardoz.........could you tell

zardoz.........could you tell us WHY it shouldn't be called Fox News? Is it just because you said so, or do you have something to back that up with. Can't you people see how weak your argument is when you don't back it up? WAKE UP, SHEEP!

corgimom
corgimom 10/31/09 - 11:42 am
This is as of August

This is as of August 2009-Daily Kos/Research 2000 has released a new poll of Americans on which of the three major cable news channels they watch and trust. Kos points out that the poll finds 'Republicans watch Fox News and nothing else, Democrats split between MSNBC and CNN, and Independents watch nothing.' The Washington Independent's Dave Weigel notes that 'non-white viewers really don't like Fox':
The biggest swing region in the poll? The South. In Southern states, 46 percent of viewers say that Fox News is 'extremely reliable' or 'reliable.' Only 6 percent of them say that of MSNBC, compared to 26 percent who say it of CNN, a huge shift from the days when CNN was derided as the 'Communist/Clinton News Network.' And non-white viewers really don't like Fox. Only 5 percent of African-Americans, 11 percent of Hispanics, and 8 percent of other minorities consider the network reliable, while a majority of every one of those groups trusts CNN and sizable pluralities trust MSNBC.

corgimom
corgimom 10/31/09 - 11:46 am
Now...I don't know if y'all

Now...I don't know if y'all realize this, but the Southern white Republican voting bloc is getting proportionately smaller and smaller compared to the rest of the US, and can no longer a significantly affect a Presidential election like before...

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/31/09 - 11:46 am
jack2006 - "There are some

jack2006 - "There are some things that the public needs to know and there are some things that the public doesn't need to know." BS, Right, the public doesn't need to know anything that this government is doing to bring this great country down on its knees, Right, the public doesn't need to know so they will not see a socialist nation being formed, Right, the public needs to know only the things that this great obama vomit does that is good, Right, If the last right is right, there would be no need for FOX because there would be no news except his golf scores. Just a thought, is it under a 100?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/31/09 - 11:49 am
I say again, like I have said

I say again, like I have said befor, the best statement made on these posts is by CS "If you're not concerned -- You're not paying attention..." Fox news is paying attention!

dani
dani 10/31/09 - 11:53 am
Whatever happened to the

Whatever happened to the transparency Obama promised us before the election. The closed doors while the Dems work on OUR health plan is the reason Hillary care lost, they didn't want the public to be aware of the details.

apex24
apex24 10/31/09 - 11:56 am
Again, Leftist Libs do not

Again, Leftist Libs do not like the truth being brought before them. Why do you think Libs are trying to silence Conservative talk shows because they research and find out how Libs distort the truth. Niko, no Conservative is scared as you always are ranting about. To the contrary, Conservatives are happy because 2010 and 2012 are just around the corner. Ain't it great. You Leftist have shown this country how truly radical and ignorant you really are and Leftist having this last four years is the best thing that could have happened to the GOP. Thanks Obumbler & Cronies!!!

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 10/31/09 - 11:58 am
Instead of watching the

Instead of watching the GA-Florida game today, I think I will watch Faux Noise so that I can really be entertained. I better quit drinking too much while tailgating.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 10/31/09 - 11:59 am
81 posts and still not one

81 posts and still not one single example of Fox News telling any lies. Just more and more diversion and more worship of your favorite Nazi/Socialist.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 10/31/09 - 12:00 pm
Christmas is just around the

Christmas is just around the corner too, and Santa will not bring any toys to the whiners and complainers.

jack2006
jack2006 10/31/09 - 12:00 pm
FOX News built their

FOX News built their foundation on being fair and balance. That's how they took over the ratings from CNN. But when FOX News started being what we see today, CNN and the rest of the news media became better than before FOX News. Before these people that are on FOX now, go back and look at what the ones did and said before them. There is a difference in how they reported the news or what they called now the news. They take pride in keeping you upset with their news reporting. Old people would say that they are keeping the h*ll within you stirred up. I guess that you could call it reality news TV because it isn't news that you can believe in and trust. I use to be a time when you would want to know what they were saying but now it's so far fetch, it's not worth the time of the day to listen. It's like someone telling you that the color Green is actually the color Blue. They spend days trying to make you see why the color Green is actually the color Blue. That's how they report their news. The tactics that they use sells and makes good ratings but is it good for the person that doesn't really know the truth or know how to really analyze the truth for their families.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 10/31/09 - 12:02 pm
Tugger I've never seen

Tugger I've never seen anybody who needs a life validation like you do. Hopefully you will find some peaceful self-esteem.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 10/31/09 - 12:03 pm

Thank you for a personal attack Niko.........I surely wouldn't expect valid debate or something like that.

corgimom
corgimom 10/31/09 - 12:09 pm
Y'all better take a long look

Y'all better take a long look at the demographics of the US the way they are now, and what they are projected to be. The demographics are not the way they used to be. Minorities don't like Fox, and Hispanics will be the majority in the US very soon. These arguments are just plain silly. But when minorities start controlling elections- and that will be in the next 20 years- all you Fox viewers better pay very close attention to what is said on CNN and MSNBC. You are going to get outvoted. Cable channels don't choose candidates, voters do.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 10/31/09 - 12:12 pm
corgimom........I guess the

corgimom........I guess the silver lining is that we can benefit from Affirmative Action!

NotyourDadsBuick
NotyourDadsBuick 10/31/09 - 12:13 pm
We're sinking fast.

We're sinking fast.

corgimom
corgimom 10/31/09 - 12:17 pm
I already did benefit.

I already did benefit. Affirmative Action, in 1974, was what got me the job I needed to go to college. Selling paint at Sears. I was the first female in all of Southern California Sears stores in their paint department. It was the worst job in the whole store but I desperately wanted to go to college.

Jake
Jake 10/31/09 - 12:28 pm
If I had a neighbor and all

If I had a neighbor and all they did was publicly denounce everything I did everyday, day in and day out, and I threw a party, guess who would not get invited?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 10/31/09 - 12:29 pm
Corgimon, You just may be

Corgimon, You just may be right. OLD people like me that has lived and fought for the freedoms, the constitution, the up's and down's of this democratic government, the right to live as we choose and all the things we believe in will be dead. My only regret will be my sons, Grandsons and Great Grandson/daughter who have never lived in my time will never know how great this great county was. They are already being brain washed to live like slaves to a government. That is the truth, that is the fear.