Columbia County officials were caring

I would like to tell the citizens of Columbia County that they have one of the finest law enforcement organizations I have ever encountered.

On the tragic death of a loved one under rather unusual circumstances, we had to travel a long distance to respond. Knowing that we did not know the area, officials met us at the home and went out of their way to point us in all the right directions for our next steps. Because of their kindness and concern, our loved one is now in our care.

I cite specifically Bonnie Holloway of the coroner's office and Det. Brian Jones of the Columbia County Sheriff's Office. In our grief, these two individuals showed nothing but empathy and caring. Columbia County should be both proud and thankful that they have people such as this watching over them.

Nick Kurtz, Rockingham, N.C.

xanadu
xanadu 10/26/09 - 07:08 am
this poor, easily-fooled

this poor, easily-fooled individual should have been with me and my neighbors when we went to a zoning board meeting in columbia county to try to prevent commercial zoning in our residential neighborhood and GOT LAUGHED AT by the entire commission for presenting a petition. perhaps this was just their special 'official' way of showing us they care soooooooo much about us, hmmm?

Riverman1
Riverman1 10/26/09 - 08:00 am
First, Mr. Kurtz, I'm sorry

First, Mr. Kurtz, I'm sorry about the loss of a loved one. I've, also, noticed the Sheriff's Dept. goes out of their way to help in many ways. Kudos to them. There is a philosophy in the Dept. to do the common sense and kindly thing in all matters.

afadel
afadel 10/26/09 - 11:10 am
In 2008, Deputy Matthew

In 2008, Deputy Matthew Parham assisted my mother when she needed her tire changed. We sent a letter to Sheriff Whittle commending Deputy Parham. Condolences to Mr. Kurtz. It's good to know that there are similar public servants like Ms. Holloway and Det. Jones

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 10/26/09 - 01:34 pm
GMH - what the heck do the

GMH - what the heck do the Coroner and a Deputy Sheriff have to do with your problems with the zoning board? What an idiot! I can see why the commissioners laughed at you. I laugh at you too.....lol.

BOBO
BOBO 10/26/09 - 01:35 pm
CCSO is a great Team!

CCSO is a great Team!

soldout
soldout 10/26/09 - 03:56 pm
There are some great county

There are some great county employees in Columbia county and that attitude was started many years ago by some fine folks. May that Christ like attitude continue for as long as there is a Columbia county. For those who don't do right may all truth come to light and may they be removed. The Bible says to be great become a servant and Columbia county has some servants.

DEVGRU
DEVGRU 10/26/09 - 08:05 pm
Dinah-Moe Hummm - I don't

Dinah-Moe Hummm - I don't believe this letter was in reference to the Zoning Board. Reading comprehension is definitely not in your genes. If it wasn't for idiots, such as yourself, no one would have anybody to laugh at.