Note: Announcements for participatory events must be written, delivered, mailed or faxed to The Augusta Chronicle, 725 Broad Street, Augusta, GA 30901, with a return address and phone number. No phone calls are accepted. Fax number: (706) 823-3408. The announcements will be published weekly.
- The Augusta GreenJackets will play host to the first-ever Doctors Hospital Pro Classic youth baseball tournament Oct. 23-25 at Lake Olmstead Stadium. The weekend event will feature five area 15-U teams. Tickets are $5 and will be sold at the gate. Concessions will be sold throughout the event. For more information, contact Jonathan Pribble at (706) 922-WINS.
- The Columbia County Bullets 13U travel team is looking for two players for the upcoming season. Players must not turn 14 before May 1, 2010. For more information, call (706) 533-1061.
- The Augusta Boxing Club will present monthly sparring matches on the last Thursday of each month at 5:30 p.m. The matches are free to the public. Participants will be members of the Augusta Boxing Club's beginner and intermediate class (ages 7 and up).
- The Carolina Panthers are looking for children ages 7-14 to participate in their annual Junior TopCats Program. Program members get to participate in a halftime show on Oct. 25 during the Panthers game vs. the Buffalo Bills at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte. For more information, visit www.panthers.com or contact Tina Becker at (704) 358-7465.
- The Ultimate Football Club is looking for players interested in 7-on-7 pickup football games. Equipment is provided. For more information or to sign up, call (706) 431-9005 or visit www.theultimate footballclub.com.
- Champions Made from Adversity and Bartram Trail Golf Club are playing host to the second annual Adaptive Golf Challenge on Thursday at 1 p.m. For more information, contact Jeff Snover at email@example.com
- The Hurricane Junior Golf Tour Fall Championship will be held at Woodside Plantation in Aiken on Saturday and Sunday . For more information, call (904) 379-2697 or visit www.hjgt.org.
- The Augusta West Dance Guild and Toys for Tots are partnering for the second annual Augusta West Dance Guild golf tournament on Oct. 21 at Forest Hills Golf Club. Shotgun start is at 1 p.m. For more information, contact Lance Manning at (706) 955-3121 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Guy Tucker at (706) 394-6264 or email@example.com.
- The Evans High School baseball team will play host to its annual golf tournament on Oct. 25 at Gordon Lakes Golf Course beginning at 11:30 a.m. Entry fee is $60 per player and $240 per team. For more information, contact Darrell Freeman at (706) 829-0862 or Ricky Beale at (706) 863-1198 ext. 4054.
-The Greenbrier High School boys and girls golf teams will hold a golf tournament on Nov. 14 at Bartram Trail Golf Club beginning at 1:30 p.m. Entry fee is $100 per player and $300 per team. Cost includes green fee, cart, lunch and prizes. Pick your Greenbrier athlete or have one appointed to your team. The Greenbrier athlete plays for free. For more information, contact golf coach Steve Inman at firstname.lastname@example.org or Bart Shafer at email@example.com or (706) 210-4681.
- UGA 3rd Thursdays are now being held at Indigo Joe's Sports Pub & Restaurant, 3730 Wheeler Road.