Opposing the president isn't racism

To those politicians and others who so cavalierly drop the race card when white people dare to criticize or disagree with the president: You are hurting people who have legitimate problems with racism.

Have you heard of the little boy who cried wolf? When you try to marginalize critics who have no racist intent by dropping the race card, you diminish the significance of the charge of racism! There has to be a place for legitimate criticism of our politicians without making that type of charge.

Kevin Wells

Grovetown

wizzardx1
wizzardx1 10/03/09 - 04:32 am
Since we have a muslim from

Since we have a muslim from Kenya as president,the race card will be played at every turn.

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 10/03/09 - 05:04 am
Not necessarily, I dont have

Not necessarily, I dont have a problem with his race, gender, or looks, I just have a problem with how he handles our nations finances and deminishes our jobs in the process. No matter what color or creed he is, I dont see him fixing our jobless rates when people are being forced to buy into a healthcare plan that for most, reduces their benefits they used to be getting, while bankrupting many families in the process.

concernednative
concernednative 10/03/09 - 05:38 am
wizzard, so insightful.

wizzard, so insightful. "Kenyan Muslin" nothing racist about that.

TechLover
TechLover 10/03/09 - 05:49 am
And grandwizzard chimes in as

And grandwizzard chimes in as number 1 to prove that while not all critcism of the President is racist, a whole lot of it is.

concernednative
concernednative 10/03/09 - 05:59 am
techlover, I always say

techlover, I always say racism makes people behave stupid and irrationally. After reading a letter like that wizard's hate was so strong he couldn't help but make that post. I really says a lot about how strong an emotion racism is.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 10/03/09 - 06:01 am
Concerneded and

Concerneded and Techlover..........please explain how wizzardx1's comment was racist. If he believes the man is from Kenya and a muslim (which I don't) then that would make him a Kenyan Muslim. A mere statement of fact as far as he knows. His statement, while incorrect, is NOT racist. This is part of the problem.....if you MENTION someones race, a statement of fact, you get accused of racism. This attitude has people walking on eggshells and it really does need to end. I seriously doubt either of you will be able to articulate exactly what you find racist about his/her statement, but rather attack me for asking you to explain it. Please prove me wrong.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 10/03/09 - 06:17 am
I have frequently stated

I have frequently stated several reasons I disagree with the President's policies, and have several times been accused of being racist for disagreeing. I have asked people to list the reasons they support these bad policies and been met with nothing but personal attacks, yet I don't accuse people of supporting the President because they are racist, nor do I hear Hollywood stars and former Presidents making that claim. Why can't people just debate with facts?

nofrills
nofrills 10/03/09 - 06:20 am
Obama is a puppet for George

Obama is a puppet for George

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 10/03/09 - 06:29 am
Triple T you are conservative

Triple T you are conservative therefore you are racist.

TechLover
TechLover 10/03/09 - 06:46 am
tigger;grandwizzard has a

tigger;grandwizzard has a long history on here with his posts about everything from his birther and Muslim nonsense to pro Confederate/slavery apologist bs. I based my comments on his history as well as his idiotic comment of today. Judging by many of the erroneous comments you've made regarding HR 3200, you need to work on your debating with facts suggestion.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 10/03/09 - 06:59 am

Thank you Techlover for proving my 7:01 comment 100% correct.

Rolling Eyes
Rolling Eyes 10/03/09 - 07:12 am
Wow! I said almost the same

Wow! I said almost the same thing in a post a few days ago!!..........Trying to inject a hidden racist agenda into each and every article is not only unrealistic and offensive, but it dilutes the impact when true racial problems arise and ought to be addressed. Crying 'wolf, wolf, wolf' at every opportunity causes people to turn a blind eye and deaf ear to the issue. Ones who do that lack credibility and should be ignored.
Posted by Rolling Eyes on Thu Oct 1, 2009 9:36 AM

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 10/03/09 - 07:21 am
As for HR3200...I posted

As for HR3200...I posted exact wording from the proposed bill. Techlover posted links to liberal pundits interpretations of the bill........you decide who is using facts.

55 F-100
55 F-100 10/03/09 - 07:21 am
To be 100% correct, Barrack

To be 100% correct, Barrack Hussein Obama is a mulatto Kenyan muslim......nothing racist about that....just the facts.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 10/03/09 - 07:26 am
55 F-100........stating facts

55 F-100........stating facts will get you labeled faster than nearly anything on this board.

Simondale88
Simondale88 10/03/09 - 07:42 am
Grasshopper
Grasshopper 10/03/09 - 07:44 am
Blacks oppose Conservative

Blacks oppose Conservative views of small government, because of their distrust in local and state governments.

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 10/03/09 - 07:45 am
Idiots!

Idiots!

mad_max
mad_max 10/03/09 - 07:55 am
I dispise Obama's communist

I dispise Obama's communist policies so I guess I am a racist. I think Pelosi an idiotic bleeding heart liberal socialist so I guess I am sexist too. I despise Harry Reid for the same reasons as Pelosi and he is a white male so you can call me whatever you like for those feelings. I wonder what kind of name calling would be going on if we had elected one of the oustanding black conservatives that the liberal whites and black racists shun and call vulgar names. Democrats, I think your hypocrisy is showing.

southernguy08
southernguy08 10/03/09 - 08:01 am
Well, let me just say that I

Well, let me just say that I oppose Odumba for the same reason I opposed the Titanic administration of Jimma Cahtuh...total incompetence! Sorry to disappoint the libs, but there's nothing racist there. GRASSHOPPER, who elected you the mouthpiece of all blacks? And TECH, say what you want, if anyone dares to criticize Odumba, the race care is always played by libs like you. I quit trying to defend myself from this BS a long time ago.

southernguy08
southernguy08 10/03/09 - 08:02 am
Sorry for the typo, meant to

Sorry for the typo, meant to say race card.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 10/03/09 - 08:14 am
southernguy08... It is my

southernguy08... It is my opinion based on the words of Liberal Black leaders.

southernguy08
southernguy08 10/03/09 - 08:18 am
GRASSHOPPER, unless I'm

GRASSHOPPER, unless I'm mistaken, all liberal black leaders don't speak for every black, just like every racist white leader doesn't speak for every white. Obama's election proved that.

Lobosolo
Lobosolo 10/03/09 - 08:18 am
Good for you, Southernguy.

Good for you, Southernguy. Don't defend yourself from it. Revel in it. as you should. It becomes you. All of you. Shout your mantras from the rooftops instead of preaching to the choir here everyday.

that guy
that guy 10/03/09 - 08:21 am
Opposing the President is not

Opposing the President is not racist per se, but conservatives should be honest with themselves about the company which they keep. I was in DC during the weekend of the tea party march, and one of the most popular signs - held by a giddy middle-aged woman - read "THERE'S AN AFRICAN LION IN THE ZOO AND A LYIN' AFRICAN IN THE WHITE HOUSE." There was also a man selling t-shirts that, among other things, substituted the President's face in place of Curious George. Now these folks were in the vast minority, but they weren't being shouted down or told where to get off by the other marchers - quite the opposite. If the President's critics were more honest about -and critical of - the plain racism in SOME of Obama's critics, their (non-racist) criticisms would be taken much more seriously.

MrAlwaysRight
MrAlwaysRight 10/03/09 - 08:22 am
To be called racist by the

To be called racist by the posters on this board matters not. Those that know each and every one of you (your family and real life friends) will know the truth. Casting an opponent as racist is simply the last act of an overwhelmed mind. Pity should be given to those who simply lack the intelligence to defend or discuss their opinions. Look closely at who is doing the accusing and simply ignore their feeble cries.

that guy
that guy 10/03/09 - 08:23 am
Case in point - the fact that

Case in point - the fact that some of the posters on here seem to think that the term "mulatto" is not a racist slur. Seriously guys?

that guy
that guy 10/03/09 - 08:24 am
FWIW, the original letter

FWIW, the original letter from Kevin Wells is very well put.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 10/03/09 - 08:30 am
Was my statement racist?

Was my statement racist?

Irish
Irish 10/03/09 - 08:31 am
If being concerned about the

If being concerned about the future and direction of this country is racist and trying to better things for our grandchildren is racist then I will proudly wear that red badge of courage....ck out the following site. http://thekansascitian.blogspot.com/2009/10/federal-judge-sets-trial-dat...
I'm not a birther but I find it interesting that a federal judge (pursuant to request by military personell) would have to order the CIC to show his birth certificate.......