Stop the killing of our children now

Scott Peterson sits on death row in California for murdering his wife, Laci, and his 8-month-old unborn child. The court system determined that the child had human status with all the rights therein.

How ironic that Peterson awaits the ultimate penalty for his heinous crime while Augusta abortions terminate children weekly at Planned Parenthood and at A Preferred Women's Health Clinic, yet this nefarious practice is sanctioned by the federal government.

The unequal consequences of these barbaric acts defy logic.

Because of advances in medical technology, it is indisputable that an unborn child has a heartbeat two weeks after conception, brain waves at 40 days and fingerprints at 12 weeks.

Despite these unalterable facts, abortion continues unabated, with an estimated 50 million lives eradicated since the infamous Roe v. Wade decision in 1973. By comparison, 500,000 lost their lives during the Civil War. As if this national holocaust isn't evil enough, our once-great republic is now confronted with taxpayer-funded abortion in the health-care reform package. PolitiFact, an independent fact-checking Web site, has verified that the current health care bills will result in abortion funding.

President Obama unquestionably is the abortion industry's most vocal cheerleader. In a 2007 appearance before the Planned Parenthood Action Fund, Obama said "reproductive care" would be "at the heart" of his health plan and that his public plan "will provide all essential services, including reproductive services" -- code words for abortion funding.

Behind Obama's photogenic smile and self-effacing humor lurks a heartless attitude toward innocent, defenseless unborn children.

Every day in this country, 1,784 black children are terminated in abortion centers. Abortion is the No. 1 killer of blacks. According to blackgenocide.org, a Web site created by black minister Clenard Childress, 3,446 blacks were lynched in America between 1882 and 1968. That figure is surpassed in less than three days by abortion, committed almost exclusively by highly paid white physicians.

Our economy will recover from this recession. How is it possible to resurrect 50 million aborted children?

Jim Irish

North Augusta, S.C.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 10/03/09 - 05:52 am
I am against abortion. The

I am against abortion. The democrats seem to be all for it. I don't understand why they want to kill off their future voting base.

DeborahElliott2
DeborahElliott2 10/03/09 - 06:07 am
Vote them all out!

Vote them all out!

concernednative
concernednative 10/03/09 - 06:41 am
It is interesting how the

It is interesting how the right is trying to bring abortion back to the far front for the 2010 elections. Practicing the wedge issue politics again. What abortion law where changed from 2001-2007 when you had complete control of the legislative, judicial, and executive branches of govt. This is settled law. It will not win you another elected. I am pro-life by the way.

HotFoot
HotFoot 10/03/09 - 08:37 am
"Our" unborn children? If

"Our" unborn children? If it's in my body, it's MY unborn child and you can keep your mitts OFF.

southernguy08
southernguy08 10/03/09 - 09:06 am
CONCERNED, funny, you sure

CONCERNED, funny, you sure don't sound pro-life. Is this your "attracting more flies with honey" approach? Liberal logic is an oxymoron.

mad_max
mad_max 10/03/09 - 09:07 am
Abortion is an unforunate

Abortion is an unforunate thing but it is settled law and a losing issue for politicians. Conservative candidates need to focus on fiscal issues and defense or this country will soon be so broke you will be spending so much time standing in soup lines and studying your Koran you won't have time to ponder idealistic issues like abortion and socialized medicine.

southernguy08
southernguy08 10/03/09 - 09:09 am
By the way HOTFOOT, you said

By the way HOTFOOT, you said "MY unborn child," not fetus. Does that mean you recognize that it is a life, and something with rights and worth protecting?

MrAlwaysRight
MrAlwaysRight 10/03/09 - 09:32 am
HotFoot: It's MY healthcare,

HotFoot: It's MY healthcare, it's MY life , you keep your mitts off. Guess we're not so different after all, huh?

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 10/03/09 - 09:49 am
Hotfoot, is on her broom

Hotfoot, is on her broom headed to Lake Olmstead!

disssman
disssman 10/03/09 - 11:22 am
They are called CONServatives

They are called CONServatives because it starts as a CON. What is with the CONServative women, I never see them voicing an opinion. Don't they have a right to say something in public? Why do they rely on the men to discuss a womans body?

Roeschen
Roeschen 10/03/09 - 11:37 am
I am against abortion with

I am against abortion with few exceptions. However, I am not so dumb as to think it is going to stop. It won't. I do not want to return to the back alley coathanger abortions that killed so many people. However, I do not think that public money should be used to get an abortion. Except in the case where the mother's life is at stake, it is an elective procedure and as such should be born by the person obtaining the procedure.

strangedaysindeed
strangedaysindeed 10/03/09 - 11:41 am
much easier to use the

much easier to use the abortion issue to hopefully defeat a Democrat than for the conservatives to actually change the law when they had complete control of Congress and could have easily done it....didn't want to, would rather use the issue than actually prevent abortions.

grouse
grouse 10/03/09 - 12:37 pm
There is a vast different in

There is a vast different in 8 months and 40 days. If you don't like abortion, don't have one.

jack
jack 10/03/09 - 12:41 pm
"Our" unborn children? If

Posted by HotFoot on Sat Oct 3, 2009 8:37 AM....You danced, so now YOU (not me) pay the fiddler.

jack
jack 10/03/09 - 12:45 pm
much easier to use the

Posted by strangedaysindeed on Sat Oct 3, 2009 11:41 AM....If this had been so easy when the Repubs wrre in office, why is it taking the DIMs so long to pass health care reform? They have the same ssituations as the Repiubs had-House, Senate, WH. BTW, I believe we were fighting two wars (still are) and the Repubs, unlike BimbObama and the DIMs, find this to be a higher priority.

southernguy08
southernguy08 10/03/09 - 03:37 pm
JACK, don't you know, it's

JACK, don't you know, it's all the Republicans fault. It doesn't matter that Dems control the White House and both houses of congress, including a filibuster free senate. It's all Republicans fault! End of discussion! Now, if you will excuse me, I have to sell some oceanfront property in North Dakota to a liberal.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 10/03/09 - 05:58 pm
I'm pro-life and against the

I'm pro-life and against the death penalty. Some people CONsider me CONservative because of my stand on those two issues, some don't. That's why I don't like labels. People don't always fit neatly into labels. I consider myself conservative, but I don't vote a certain party because of that, I check each candidate's stand on the issues at that time.

disssman
disssman 10/03/09 - 08:45 pm
Baroness I am with you and

Baroness I am with you and vote the same way. BTW is it possible for a CONservative to get a LIBERAL arts degree? Just a joke, I know all CONServatives are in technical or professional fields, like ElRushBo and I forget the name of the FOX guy that flunked out his first year. I am sorry ElRushBo flunked out also, but you get my meaning.

soldout
soldout 10/03/09 - 10:40 pm
Great letter Jim. Abortion

Great letter Jim. Abortion is murder. Sowing and reaping always works and we are beginning to pay the price in this country. God calls people who say He doesn't exsist fools. When we do things that are against His word ( like abortion) those actions make us foolish.

FallingLeaves
FallingLeaves 10/04/09 - 12:32 pm
LOL disssman I guess it is,

LOL disssman I guess it is, I did. A BA.

corgimom
corgimom 10/04/09 - 01:24 pm
Anybody that thinks that no

Anybody that thinks that no public money is being used for abortion is very foolish and naive. That whole legislation was useless and pointless and was done for political reasons.

Former commissioner's case remains under review

While former Augusta commissioner Donnie Smith's statements to Georgia State Patrol investigators likely can't be used against him, the state Office of the Inspector General continues to conduct ...