We must stand behind our president

It seems that some white Americans have gone crazy. It seems as if they have been asleep for a while. When they awakened, they saw that we have an African-American president and have gone nuts. They are buying guns, forming militia groups and shouting, "We want to take our country back!" They are calling President Obama many unsavory names: Hitler, Bimbo, socialist, Marxist, a racist, a cult leader, etc.

Even one of our congressmen, Rep. Joe Wilson, R-S.C., has exhibited negative decorum. He screamed out "You lie!" as the president was giving a national speech on his health care plan Sept. 9. What's beneath the surface of this festering vitriol?

Quoting Dr. Andrew Manis, associate professor of history, Macon State College ("When are we going to get over it"? Macon Telegraph, Nov. 19):

"How long before we white people realize we can't make our nation, much less the whole world, look like us? How long until we white people can -- once and for all -- get over this hell-conceived preoccupation with skin color? How long until we white people get over the demonic conviction that white skin makes us superior? How long before we white people get over our bitter resentments about being demoted to the status of equality with non-whites?"

He also went on to say: "I'm going to report to the FBI any white person I overhear saying, in seriousness or in jest, anything of a threatening nature about President Obama. ... I'm going to pray to live long enough to see America surprise the world once again, when white people can 'in spirit and in truth' sing of our damnable color prejudice, 'We have overcome.'

"It takes a village to protect our president!"

My fellow Americans, we want to show respect for the office of the presidency because we promote civility in the good ol' USA, and we are the leader of the free world.

Tracy E. Williams Jr., Augusta

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 09/13/09 - 09:50 pm
The race card is old news and

The race card is old news and a complete waste. Those who are fed up with this administration come in all sexes and races and they are just as upset with Reid, Pelosi and Frank. The president just happens to be at the forefront so he will get the blunt of the criticism but it has nothing to do with race but everything to do with these lunacy policies and lies of the administration which have created 9 trillion in debt in a mere 6 monhts which is a higher national debt that ALL of our past presidents COMBINED. Get a clue before it is to late. I would take any black conservative leader such as Herman Cain or Alan Keys or Michael Steel or too an extent even Colin Powel over any white idiot such as Pelosi, Frank or Reid any day as my President.

HillGuy
HillGuy 09/13/09 - 11:19 pm
Ah... what would a week be in

Ah... what would a week be in Augusta without an LTE from our community crackpot, Tracy E Williams?

FaceTheMusic
FaceTheMusic 09/14/09 - 12:43 am
It has a lot to do with race.

It has a lot to do with race.

GnipGnop1
GnipGnop1 09/14/09 - 01:15 am
Well I for one can get over

Well I for one can get over the race thing when it's not thrown in my face everytime I disagree with something Obama says. I will get over the race thing when people quit calling me a racist because I didn't vote for Obama. Funny how people come out of the woodworks about the names people call Obama but were silent when all the Bush bashing was going on. Some of you same posters here that bashed Bush on a daily basis and called him stupid and ignorant every chance you had are the very same posters that are revolted for the name calling posted about Obama. None of you are right but none of you seem to see your actions as wrong.

mefirst
mefirst 09/14/09 - 01:36 am
"Festering vitriol"? No way

"Festering vitriol"? No way these folk know what that is....Tracy, your dad would be proud.Way to go!

mefirst
mefirst 09/14/09 - 01:50 am
In these times, when hate is

In these times, when hate is shot into our bloodstreams like vaccine or vitamins,we need to stop and take a moment to reflect on what our words tell others about us. If all we can do is spout hateful things about and to each other, we have not evolved as we should have. there was a time when the South was known for its politeness and outward tact when dealing with others. I have no doubt that our Grandparents would be appalled at what we are doing to each other in this rag. It is fine to disagree, but it is NOT fine to be less than human. Except for two measly layers of skin cells, we are 99.9% the same. Our DNA, the thing that separates us from all the lower animals, is 99.9% identical. We are what God made us, and He made us this way for a reason.Someday, we will reach accord in our dealings with one another; We will realize that we need each other, and until we accept that we are ALL God's children, we merely serve to proove Satan right. What do you want your legacy to be? Hate, and violence.. Or understanding and tolerance? You decide. "As for me and my house, we will follow the Lord." Do you remember who said that?

justus4
justus4 09/14/09 - 04:21 am
A good try Tracy, but history

A good try Tracy, but history gives a great lesson in behavioral science. CHANGE is gonna leave these people wringing their heads and clinging to their Bibles and their guns. Everything will be viewed through an Amreican flag-waving and shouts of "take back our conutry!" It happened during the SSA debate in the 1930s, it happened during the Voting Rights Act of 1954, all the way through the late sixties with violence and blood shed. Thats how "they" do business and civilized debate will not work with this bunch. So again, great try to enlighten but the uneducated masses will require a more "hands-on" approach to CHANGE.

mineallmine
mineallmine 09/14/09 - 04:23 am
I do not hate Obama - I hate

I do not hate Obama - I hate his politics. He and his fellow democrats are forcing US to become a socialized nation. However, I do hate the fact that if I dare disagree with any of his policies, no matter how idiotic they are, I am called a racist. I not only disagree with his policies, I also disagree with Pelosi's policies and those of Reid, Frank, and all the other politicians who believe they can spend their way out of a recession. So, liberals, instead of you calling names and making hateful statements, instead of you changing the sugject or ignoring the questions, why don't you take a good look at what is happening in this country and justify why Obama tells children to be responsible for their grades and then tells adults they do not have to be responsible for their own healthcare or welfare. Why the double standard. Why are children held to a higher standard than adults?

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 09/14/09 - 05:58 am
I also hate his poitics so I

I also hate his poitics so I will stand behind him....to push his communist [filtered word] out of the White House.

Cordie
Cordie 09/14/09 - 06:09 am
Thank you Tracy Williams.

Thank you Tracy Williams. Well said. We all have to protect our President. Now about what he has done. He probably has saved this Country from another deep depression. He took office with us in a very bad situation that had been created by the previous President. That Pressident and his cabinet had plunged us into a needless War. He also spent us into DEBT even thou there was a surplus when he took office. THAT WAS THEN AND NOW THIS IS NOW. LETS ALL WORK TOGETHER TO BRING THIS COUNTRY BACK FROM ALL THE HATE

ispy4u
ispy4u 09/14/09 - 06:27 am
Do not worry HILLGUY. Your

Do not worry HILLGUY. Your local hero, Robert Smock, will be posting soon.

confederate american
confederate american 09/14/09 - 06:48 am
you are the people who always

you are the people who always throw out the race card.there are alot of black people who would make a great president but this guy is a joke,a talking head,used as a puppet for the democrats with lower ratings than bush combined,this government will fail.

WhippingPost
WhippingPost 09/14/09 - 06:54 am
Tracey Williams, many black

Tracey Williams, many black racists feel exactly as you. Their perspective is identical to yours. Our president is black and was elected by a voting public that is only 10% black. Does that contradict you point of view? Could it be that the "promises" of this egocentric Marxist were for election purposes only and that his actions have turned most "undecided" voters against him and many Dem voters against him. The right has never supported his Marxist position. If you get your information from anyplace besides the wackiest of left wing sources, you'd realize that all conservative blacks also dislike this mad messiah. Having the courage to speak out when our "leader" was blatantly lying to the nation may have embarrassed the worshipers, but heroism is recognized by the intelligent. I know you can't understand what I'm saying, because none are so blind as those that refuse to see.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 09/14/09 - 07:17 am
When it comes to politics,

When it comes to politics, ideology, and leadership. The leader from the opposing view will get the most criticism. I will not allow people to use the race card to quiet my opposing view. Saying that I am a racist will not effect my life, and in no way am I affecting your life. Your radical socialist ideas to demonetize the opposing view reminds me of Fidel, Hugo etc.....

IsAnyoneAlwaysRight
IsAnyoneAlwaysRight 09/14/09 - 07:19 am
Tracey, I don't have to agree

Tracey, I don't have to agree with Obama because he is black! If I agreed with Obama's policies, I would agree with him even if he were pink, blue, yellow, black or even white. Its the blacks that continue to bring up the race card and yall think that just because he is black that your minority group has a free monopoly board piece. Obama and Peletrocities' programs are of mass socialicism, with no means to motivate the productive to work to pay for them. Nothing in this life is free! We are in the worst economic times in many years and Obama wants to spend money on health care we don't have. Also remember, you get what you pay for! Quit using this race card for its repulsing.

HotFoot
HotFoot 09/14/09 - 07:20 am
confederate American, check

confederate American, check Bush's approval ratings again, why don't you... that you can be so far off just demonstrates how distorted you are when thinking about our president. I agree with Mr. WIlliams' letter, because I have watched what Pres. Obama has done very closely and the ONLY explanation for this winger outrage is an inability to accept changing demographics and an African-American commander-in-chief. You have absolutely, utterly vilified him at every turn, saddling him with everything he inherited from that slacker Bush (he was a slacker except when it came to expanding the power of the Executive Branch and violating the Constitution, but then, he had lots of help from Darth Cheney). You have caricatured him as every tyrant in history. And yet, you can't name a single LIE he's told, a single right he's abridged, or a single tax he's raised. All you can do is point to things he said years ago that don't square 100% with his policies now...which is the case with EVERY president who finds out what it truly means to be the leader when he takes office. Obama is a pragmatist, which is why I registered voters and voted for him.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 09/14/09 - 07:27 am
Hotfoot - I can give you a

Hotfoot - I can give you a lie. "I will not appoint lobbyists or former lobbyists to my administration".

WhippingPost
WhippingPost 09/14/09 - 07:30 am
HotFoot, If you'd known Jim

HotFoot, If you'd known Jim Jones you wouldn't be posting today. (You'd be composting)

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 09/14/09 - 07:32 am
Hotfoot...CA is correct, even

Hotfoot...CA is correct, even the liberal media admits O is losing support of the moderate Dem's and the independents. In fact the speech was to swing the base back together, after O's speech he gained only 3% of support. O has a radical left agenda, that a majority of American voters are finding displeasing. O is being forced to compermise on the health care reform bill because he does not have enough votes in the senate. The democrats in the senate, know if they follow O, they will not get re-elected.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 09/14/09 - 07:39 am
People need to look at the MA

People need to look at the MA health care model, do some research. Since MA state health care has been enacted, people are waiting on average 50 days to see their primary physician. Those are hard facts....... Even democrats can't argue those figures, since they came from the MA doctors........

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 09/14/09 - 07:40 am
Even O agrees that MA's model

Even O agrees that MA's model is not the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 09/14/09 - 07:43 am
This is an AP story on MA

This is an AP story on MA State health care. Posted on Fox's website. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,549762,00.html

Buckeye
Buckeye 09/14/09 - 07:49 am
He has a radical left

He has a radical left following...that would be the new, younger members of the Dem party...Did you think we he was yelling about change he was kidding? We need to Change the way we treat eachother, we need to drop the race card, we need to drop the Dem/Rep thing...we need to get over ourselves and stop complaining about what we DONT want to do...and get off our butts and DO something....you don;t want the gov helping with section 8 houseing? When was the last time you got out there with habitat for Humanity and helped them build a home for someone?

PS- I'm White, I'm gay, I like Obama most of the time, and I think Socialism is a good thing...you can use any of those cards you want

Irish
Irish 09/14/09 - 07:56 am
Augusta Chronicle has slipped

Augusta Chronicle has slipped to a new low allowing this to be published. This is the most mindless rambling I have read in a long while. Race is not the issue. Radical policies should be questioned no matter who proposes them and we shouldn't allow anyone to run rough shod over us. This is just another attempt to silence opposition through intimidation with racial accusations....nice try...didn't work....

hirg_cola
hirg_cola 09/14/09 - 07:59 am
"We cannot expect the

"We cannot expect the Americans to jump from capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving Americans small doses of socialism until they suddenly awake to find they have Communism."
- Soviet Leader Nikita Khrushchev, 1959

WhippingPost
WhippingPost 09/14/09 - 08:00 am
What's your point, Buckeye?

What's your point, Buckeye? Where does the money for the habitat homes come from? Who pays the up keep on the "free" homes? Who pays the utilities? Who supplies the land the house is built on? While the habitat homes are a vast improvement over "public housing", they, too, are government projects at the expense of taxpayers. Obama is all about sharing the wealth with the confiscatory tax system. He has little to offer the American individualist. (have you noticed how big Obama's cut is?)

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 09/14/09 - 08:01 am
Irish I would have to

Irish I would have to disagree. The LTE demonstrates the radical ideas of the left The more opinions like this the more people will see the truth. BTW did you have a bad game on Friday? Look at the socialist postings from the same radicals that support the LTE... Justus4, Hotfoot etc......

charliemanson
charliemanson 09/14/09 - 08:04 am
When Mr. Williams was

When Mr. Williams was criticizing minorities, he was given verbal slaps on the back and called a "hero." Now, since turning his attention to whites, he is now being called a "crackpot." lol.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 09/14/09 - 08:12 am
charliemanson - you just

charliemanson - you just don't seem to get it. He is talking racial where it doesn't exist for the vast majority of us. We are against Obama because of POLICIES, NOT COLOR!

Irish
Irish 09/14/09 - 08:13 am
Grasshopper, first nine were

Grasshopper, first nine were slow but back side was pretty good...low 90's teeing off at 9.30 today...no matter how bad it is it still beats working.....(sorry southernrebel)