Here's a proposal to stop socialism

I have read many letters sent in to The Chronicle, and editorials by the paper, concerning how socialism is destroying our country primarily since the liberals came upon the scene in the 1930s. I think I have a plan to correct this growing problem in our country:

First, as of today, no one can enroll in the Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid programs. People in the programs will continue, but as they pass on, the programs will decrease and be phased out.

The large socialistic projects, such as the Tennessee Valley Authority, will be sold by the government to private companies and operated on a for-profit basis.

The Department of Education will be shut down because we know what's best for educating our children. If we want to teach tobacco farming and religion in our classrooms, it should be left up to us (I hate to remind people that the way the federal people got a foot in the door in our educational system was partly because of our segregated schools).

Of course, the money from Washington stops.

Farm subsidies end (the large corporate farm operations get most of them anyhow).

The FDIC, the outfit that insures your bank deposits, will close down. If you have money in the bank, you probably ought to get it out and put it under your mattress.

The local governments -- city, county and state -- will take over the streets and roads and, because we can maintain our roads better, will get the potholes taken care of quickly.

No more bailouts for General Motors and Chrysler and the financial outfits. If you can't compete in the free enterprise system, you probably aren't building the cars people want and, in the case of banks. not handling the money as you should.

As for health care: If you work for a company that provides it, that's great. If the company you work for is too small to provide it -- tough luck, buddy. We're getting this country out of this mess.

This is not a complete plan, but I'm sure that the letter writers and editorial writers can add their ideas to make it even better. Then we'll be back to the capitalistic system that made this country great. We've learned our lesson.

Jim McGaughy

Aiken, S,C,

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 02:02 pm
TTT: Put your pom-poms down

TTT: Put your pom-poms down for CA fight your own battle...
Posted by Nativeson on Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:59 PM ---------------------------- what the hell are you talking about?

Nativeson1
Nativeson1 09/13/09 - 02:05 pm
Discern the difference

Discern the difference between commenting/questioning someone about something that person has said verses a personal attack on that person...That is SAD (not being able to understand the difference that is)...

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 09/13/09 - 02:06 pm
Amen Asitiis @ 4:54 and

Amen Asitiis @ 4:54 and Tigger at 8:25!! It sums up most of the problems!!

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 02:07 pm
Nevermind....can't discuss

Nevermind....can't discuss with someone who has no grasp of reality. I ask simple questions, and NEVER get answers.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 02:08 pm
True, takeastand.....It's one

True, takeastand.....It's one of the questions that NEVER gets answered.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 02:17 pm
Nativeson...your racist,

Nativeson...your racist, offensive remarks about southerners makes your point of view a lot less palatable.

MO-MONEY-MO-PROBLEMZ
MO-MONEY-MO-PROBLEMZ 09/13/09 - 03:11 pm
Whoever came up with the idea

Whoever came up with the idea of calling people from different geological locations and are darker or lighter then others different races is pitiful, there is only ONE race, HUMANS!!!!

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 09/13/09 - 03:11 pm
Well Confederate that might

Well Confederate that might be true; but the Battle Hymn of the Republic has always been more popular and the Stars & Stripes sure look nicer than the Stars & Bars. Some songs and flags are winners and of course others will ALWAYS be Losers! Keep your gun, I'm having too much fun.

confederate american
confederate american 09/13/09 - 03:28 pm
yea a flag that flew on slave

yea a flag that flew on slave ships for 88 years the battle flag flew only over a army

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 09/13/09 - 03:29 pm
Whats wrong with having a

Whats wrong with having a beer on a tail gate?

confederate american
confederate american 09/13/09 - 03:32 pm
also the american flag is the

also the american flag is the primary flag of the klan along with the christian flag and the battle flag,but i never hear a out cry about the american or christian flag carried by the klan its always the battle flag what is the reason for this,explain

LariseyJ
LariseyJ 09/13/09 - 03:44 pm
Often times humor is the best

Often times humor is the best way to expose the credulous obstructionists who scream and holler "I want my country back" and Mr. McGaughy has produced a fine example. As a 66 year old white southerner who grew up during the segregation era in Augusta, I experienced those 'long times there are NOT forgotten...look away, look way, Dixie Land'. Our new, young, well-educated and well spoken President is doing just fine, thank you very much. If you are one of those who 'want your country'...you just might be a bigot and a racist and not even know it. The rest of us sane Americans will pray for your enlightenment to the real world in America today. Good job, Mr. McGaughy.

confederate american
confederate american 09/13/09 - 03:55 pm
lariseyj-please tell me what

lariseyj-please tell me what your president has done,NOTHING HE IS JUST A TALKING HEAD,the man is a joke just like you.old times are not forgotten look away dixieland.i'mproud to live in the land of cotton look away dixieland,were i'll take my stand to live and die in dixie.have a nice day.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 03:57 pm
LariseyJ....what has he done

LariseyJ....what has he done that has helped the country? You say he's doing just fine..........what has he done?

corgimom
corgimom 09/13/09 - 04:15 pm
If somebody comes along that

If somebody comes along that says "I don't agree with Barack Obama and what he's done, but I'm also not comfortable with the angry white Christian identity of the Republican party", they will win in 2012. And they will win big. The moderates are the ones who really decide the elections.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 04:29 pm
And last year, the moderates

And last year, the moderates got suckered in by the most radical candidate in American History. What a shame.

joehill
joehill 09/13/09 - 05:30 pm
TTT, What has Obama done to

TTT, What has Obama done to help our country? How about a concerted effort to repair relationships with our allies in the world that Bush had trampled upon. How about pushing health care reform to the top of the agenda. Closer to home, how about directing funds to SRS and nuclear reactor construction in Burke county? I'm sure you will continue to claim that these are not specific enough for you and no one can offer anything that Obama has done that has helped the country. But some folks are just too stubborn and ignorant to accept the truth that an intelligient black man is in charge now.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 09/13/09 - 05:45 pm
Yes Tigger and don't forget

Yes Tigger and don't forget how the Family Values crowd got suckered in 2000 and 2004. And then the GOP baled on all of the Religious Right wackos. Really left those boys hanging.

Cordie
Cordie 09/13/09 - 05:45 pm
McGaughy, Larisey and Joe

McGaughy, Larisey and Joe Hill Thank you for your Blogs. They are so up lifting. I am happy to see there is some people can still discuss an issue with out sounded as if they are still in third grade. NOW THE SO CALLED TIGGER THE TIGER===WHAT HAVE YOU DONE IN YOUR LIFE TIME????? I MEAN BESIDES TRYING TO STEAL THE COPYRIGHT OF TIGGER THE TIGER FROM DISNEY WORLD. Why don't you just go down to Wal-mart and see what you can pick up.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 05:49 pm
Stealing the copyright? Are

Stealing the copyright? Are you kidding? Please tell me you are kidding. Why don't you report me to Disney (who doesn't even own the copyright) and they can sue me for all the money I've made using the name. And just for the record, I served this country and kept you safe..........among other things.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 05:52 pm
What tangible results do we

What tangible results do we have from Obama apologizing for America all over the world. Enlighten us please, Joehill.

Cordie
Cordie 09/13/09 - 05:54 pm
Tigger The tiger SUCH

Tigger The tiger SUCH AS?????????????

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 05:55 pm
A. A. Milne left the rights

A. A. Milne left the rights to Pooh, and his other characters, to five beneficiaries: The Garrick Club, Westminster School, The Royal Literary Fund, the A. A. Milne Family and the E. H. Shepard Family. Mrs. Milne sold the film rights to Disney in 1961. Christopher Robin Milne sold his rights to the other copyright holders before his death in 1996. So as soon as I make a Tigger film...feel free to contact Disney.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 05:58 pm
Such as what? Do you want my

Such as what? Do you want my biography? Did I ever claim that I could bring Hope and Change to the country? I take care of my family with zero assistance from the government. That is a good thing....good for me, good for my family, and good for America. I ask for tangible things that Obama has done and how it has helped the country and nobody can give me any. All I get is personal attacks. You people amaze me.

KSL
KSL 09/13/09 - 06:02 pm
That's the liberal way of

That's the liberal way of doing things--personal attacks.

eeyore.the.donkey
eeyore.the.donkey 09/13/09 - 06:04 pm
OMG! I'm obsessed with Disney

OMG! I'm obsessed with Disney too! I see you do your homework on the most insignificant info and don't seem to have knowlege concerning the things you flap most about. Intriguing.

Cordie
Cordie 09/13/09 - 06:04 pm
No I would just go get the

No I would just go get the book Tobacco Road and read it. It would probably be more interesting than your Biography. You KNOW you can get it at the LIBRARY. Did you understand that WORD???

KSL
KSL 09/13/09 - 06:07 pm
Cordie, grow up.

Cordie, grow up.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 06:07 pm
Do your homework? That took

Do your homework? That took all of 15 seconds with a google search. Name one thing I have demonstrated to have no knowledge of and explain how you came to that conclusion. I'm tired of all the baseless attacks and claims....this is getting pathetic.