Here's a proposal to stop socialism

I have read many letters sent in to The Chronicle, and editorials by the paper, concerning how socialism is destroying our country primarily since the liberals came upon the scene in the 1930s. I think I have a plan to correct this growing problem in our country:

First, as of today, no one can enroll in the Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid programs. People in the programs will continue, but as they pass on, the programs will decrease and be phased out.

The large socialistic projects, such as the Tennessee Valley Authority, will be sold by the government to private companies and operated on a for-profit basis.

The Department of Education will be shut down because we know what's best for educating our children. If we want to teach tobacco farming and religion in our classrooms, it should be left up to us (I hate to remind people that the way the federal people got a foot in the door in our educational system was partly because of our segregated schools).

Of course, the money from Washington stops.

Farm subsidies end (the large corporate farm operations get most of them anyhow).

The FDIC, the outfit that insures your bank deposits, will close down. If you have money in the bank, you probably ought to get it out and put it under your mattress.

The local governments -- city, county and state -- will take over the streets and roads and, because we can maintain our roads better, will get the potholes taken care of quickly.

No more bailouts for General Motors and Chrysler and the financial outfits. If you can't compete in the free enterprise system, you probably aren't building the cars people want and, in the case of banks. not handling the money as you should.

As for health care: If you work for a company that provides it, that's great. If the company you work for is too small to provide it -- tough luck, buddy. We're getting this country out of this mess.

This is not a complete plan, but I'm sure that the letter writers and editorial writers can add their ideas to make it even better. Then we'll be back to the capitalistic system that made this country great. We've learned our lesson.

Jim McGaughy

Aiken, S,C,

confederate american
confederate american 09/13/09 - 10:11 am
the south was right in 1861

the south was right in 1861 and are still right today with this kind of government.And don't give me that lame crap it was all about slavery.

mgroothand
mgroothand 09/13/09 - 10:35 am
Since mad max is not giving

Since mad max is not giving me an answer to my non-facetious question can someone else tell me why ACORN is considered a racist organization?

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 09/13/09 - 10:47 am
Well Confederate, if they

Well Confederate, if they were right in 1861, then Providence definitely did not agree with their philosophy. That's why they sent the Angel of Death (Tecumseh) to destroy their lovely slave agrarian economy. So when you think you are right and you are really wrong, then Providence will make you suffer in order to correct your evil ways.

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 10:49 am
NIce one, DeepSouthBoy. The

NIce one, DeepSouthBoy. The best you can come up with is that he has done nothing? He hasn't ordered the murder of all first born male children either...why not credit him with that as well? And I don't know if ACORN is racist or not....never seen them do anything racist...but they are certainly criminal. THAT I have seen on video.

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 10:57 am
DeepSoutBoy's response on the

DeepSoutBoy's response on the good that Obama has done shows the typical "Hate Bush Syndrome" that the Obamanites show all so often. They can't come up with a single thing that he has actually done so they fall on saying that he hasn't done things that Bush did.......Even though BUSH didn't start a war. If you remember, Iraq was firing at our warplanes that were lawfully patrolling the UN imposed no-fly zone on a daily basis. THIS is an act of war. President Bush, with overwhelming support of both houses of Congress implemented the policy of regime change that President Clinton signed into law. Feel free to revise history if you want.

Nativeson1
Nativeson1 09/13/09 - 11:10 am
TTT: A logical discussion

TTT: A logical discussion with folks like you is hard to do...First Gitmo: You are absolutely correct PBHO does advocate closing Gitmo as Constitutionalist who believe our criminal justice system WORKS. Most of the detainees at Gitmo have been there since the invasion of Afghanistan in 2003. Few have been charged with a crime, and the evidence against many is based on hearsay. I actually believe habeas corpus works!! So to buy into your FLAWED arguement that closing Gitmo makes us less safe would be silly and obtuse. The fact is Gitmo has not made you, I or anybody else safer. If anything Gitmo has been a rally cry for terrorist. Now regarding Lockerbie (not lockerby), the POTUS has nothing to do with that, so yu can can your blaming him or anybody in the U.S. for that. Last time I checked Scotish officials made a deal with Libya regarding that, and Scotland ain't a state in the U.S. As far as Iran, I know warmongers like you get all anxious about going to war with Iran, but I think that is foolish and intervening on what still has not been proven to be a fraudulent election would have been irresponsible...Responsibility, look it up, it requires more thought than testosterone.

KSL
KSL 09/13/09 - 11:18 am
Native, can you not discuss

Native, can you not discuss without personal attacks and belittling? It certainly diminishes what you are trying to say.

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 11:19 am
Nativeson...I know what you

Nativeson...I know what you mean about the difficulty of carrying on logical discussions. If you close GITMO and bring the prisoners here....you are required to release classified information which will further endanger our country. How is that making us safer? As for Lockerbie....I never said the President had anything to do with that....which you would have known had you read and understood what I posted......my point was that he has made not ONE comment denouncing it at all. Now...where did I make a single comment about going to war with Iran? Where did I say we should intervene? My question is why did Obama say he didn't have enough information to make a statement on the beatings of Iran's citizens, yet with very little information, he was able to say that our police acted stupidly? How do you figure GITMO has not made you any safer. Are you aware that they are holding people who desperately want you to die? Perhaps we can bury our head in the sand and just hope that the terrorists start to like us because we no longer incarcerate them. Sounds like a good idea. Where do you get the idea that I'm a warmonger? Is it because I believe in defending the constitution?

Nativeson1
Nativeson1 09/13/09 - 11:21 am
CA: God decided who was

CA: God decided who was right, so you can let that go...If you believe the south was right then what happened? Oh, I see, God was asleep...If you truly feel that way try it again and let God kick your butt just like he did your ancestors...btw, the Civil War was about states rights...The issue on deck used for the arguement for states rights: SLAVERY!!! I actually like idiots who still think antebellum times were great, they continue to look back at old Dixie while the rest of the world moves on and moves over them...They hang out on dirt roads driving pick'em up trucks with their beer bellies pressed against their tailgates talking to their buddies about what Lee should have did and how my great grandaddy was the regimental colors bearer and fell during Pickett's Charge, and he was right...Truth is he was a tool and a fool for politicians of that day just like you are today..Yeah, try it again and see how much you and your grandaddy have in common...

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 11:23 am
Responsibility? A funny word

Responsibility? A funny word for someone to use who advocates forcing productive workers to forfeit their money to pay for the health care of able bodied people who refuse to work.

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 11:27 am
Nativeson....KSL seems to be

Nativeson....KSL seems to be right. You seem to be incapable of discussing anything without personal attacks and belittling. Now you are making broad generalizations about southerners. WOW.

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 11:34 am
"They hang out on dirt roads

"They hang out on dirt roads driving pick'em up trucks with their beer bellies pressed against their tailgates talking to their buddies about what Lee should have did and how my great grandaddy was the regimental colors bearer and fell during Pickett's Charge" ============ You DO realize that the statement you made is no less offensive than throwing around the N-word and making generalizations about welfare, watermelon, and street crime? Why is it OK for you to make these racially offensive comments, but not for someone else?

confederate american
confederate american 09/13/09 - 11:41 am
niko mahs-you mean when black

niko mahs-you mean when black hating abe sent sherman to preform genocide on the southern people black and white,raping women killing old men and children,. killing livestock and burning cropsi guess this is the only way they figured they could win they couldn't get it done fighting us face to face.body count was a lot higher of the well trained north,its sad to get your azz kicked by a bunch of rednecks

confederate american
confederate american 09/13/09 - 12:01 pm
nativeson from where, you are

nativeson from where, you are the kind of man,i mean mommies boy that held onto her dress half your life and the other half trying to get her to go behind the door and breast feed you.thats why you love government so much you are feeding off the government tit.

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 12:04 pm
confederate

confederate american......don't stoop to the name calling like the left so often does.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 09/13/09 - 12:08 pm
That is your side of the

That is your side of the losing story. You sorry folks aren't over the fact that the song of Dixie means bad things to a lot of people.

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 12:15 pm
And it means good things to a

And it means good things to a lot of people as well, Niko.

Nativeson1
Nativeson1 09/13/09 - 12:16 pm
CA, Say that while looking in

CA, Say that while looking in the mirror..TTT, I'm not on the left, I'm in the middle...As far as me loving govrnment CA, ask yourself this: What do you love? Love of country and love of government are separate things, you don't believe in this country by your own words, and you don't recognize this government by your own words as well...So I ask you again, what do you love besides talking about the Civil War, race, and ideological things that no longer or never have existed? It's you that want to compromise freedom for security not me...That's why you whine and complain daily about things you have no understanding of or power to change...Instead of being the eunuch gaurding the temple of ignorance and reflection of times past (1861) get a real job!

bettyboop
bettyboop 09/13/09 - 12:17 pm
The Census Director has sent

The Census Director has sent a letter to the National Headquarters of ACORN notifying the group that the Census Bureau is severing all ties with the community organizing group for all work having to do with the 2010 census.

"Over the last several months, through ongoing communication with our regional offices, it is clear that ACORN's affiliation with the 2010 Census promotion has caused sufficient concern in the general public, has indeed become a distraction from our mission, and may even become a discouragement to public cooperation, negatively impacting 2010 Census efforts," read a letter from Census Director Robert M. Groves to the president of ACORN. "Unfortunately, we no longer have confidence that our national partnership agreement is being effectively managed through your many local offices. For the reasons stated, we therefore have decided to terminate the partnership," the letter said..........................Another victory folks...keep it up...Do not shut up...Do not sit down and most of all keep fighting !!!

Nativeson1
Nativeson1 09/13/09 - 12:18 pm
I actually like the tune

I actually like the tune "Dixie's Land"...

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 12:20 pm
Nativeson...do you care to

Nativeson...do you care to give us an example of something that Obama has actually done that has made this country better? And if you are truly in the middle...why have I NEVER seen you criticize ANYTHING that Obama has ever done?

confederate american
confederate american 09/13/09 - 12:39 pm
niko-just remember this the

niko-just remember this the song dixie will always play,the battle flag will always fly,you are right about one thing i do hate this government we have today,and i'll be damed if i give up any more of my freedoms to this kind of government,thank god almighty people in this country are starting to wake up.i've been to war,as many members of my family.i will lay down dead on my land before,i give up my god,gun and freedoms to anyone.and beleive this we are prepared.

Nativeson1
Nativeson1 09/13/09 - 12:44 pm
TTT: You can use the N word,

TTT: You can use the N word, don't care, isn't/doesn't appply to me...And you haven't answered my question...You go on about what he PLANS on doing, not what he has done...If you are You say you took an oath, are you active military? Tell you what, you give me one example of something good he has done and I'll give you one example of something i dislike that he has done...Now before you resond, if you choose to respond, do understand that nobody can be right or wrong 100% of the time, that is unless you are CA.

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 12:47 pm
Since you saw fit to correct

Since you saw fit to correct me on the spelling of Lockerbie....I'll "resond" with this. I can't think of a single thing he has done that is good for this country, with the exception of waking up the populace that they need to stand up before their rights are completely gone..............your turn..........and I am no longer active duty...but I took that oath for life.

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 12:48 pm
What question did you ask

What question did you ask that I didn't answer?

Nativeson1
Nativeson1 09/13/09 - 12:53 pm
CA: Amen, you lay down and

CA: Amen, you lay down and die for what you believe in! You go ahead and be damed (lol), I prefer someone who is willing to kill for his beliefs verses someone willing to die, anybody can die that doesn't impress me! As for me i'm a Eagle Scout, so BEING PREPARED is basic rule NO.1... Nobody wants your god, nobody wants your gun, and your freedom is the same as it has always been...Speaking of God, did you go to church today and speak to your god you talk about so passionately? If you didn't go then how can you claim somebody else is trying to take him from you when you don't want him yourself? If you don't want YOUR god the government surely doesn't want him...Who is your god?

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 12:56 pm
And yet again....Nativesone

And yet again....Nativesone can't debate on the topic, but resorts to personal attacks......truly sad.

Nativeson1
Nativeson1 09/13/09 - 12:57 pm
Like I said no person is 100%

Like I said no person is 100% wrong or 100% right, so you answered my question...As for me, I don't like the fact he got involved with the Gates situation, let local law enforcement issues be handled without the weight of the POTUS commenting on it...As far as 2012, you do realize the other party needs to put forth someone worth listening to in order to convience the nation to undergo CHANGE??? And unless something dramatic happens PBHO will get my vote then just like he did in '08.

confederate american
confederate american 09/13/09 - 12:58 pm
NIKO-you seem to think you

NIKO-you seem to think you know a lot about history.let me ask you a question,it is documented in history that only 4% of the people in the 13 southern states owned slaves,but old abe declared war on the south,don't even bring up the crap about ft sumter.question is-a town of one hundred,4 of the people in that town has taken four of your boyfreinds,will you go after the whole town are just the four.

Nativeson1
Nativeson1 09/13/09 - 12:59 pm
TTT: Put your pom-poms down

TTT: Put your pom-poms down for CA and fight your own battle...