Here's a proposal to stop socialism

I have read many letters sent in to The Chronicle, and editorials by the paper, concerning how socialism is destroying our country primarily since the liberals came upon the scene in the 1930s. I think I have a plan to correct this growing problem in our country:

First, as of today, no one can enroll in the Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid programs. People in the programs will continue, but as they pass on, the programs will decrease and be phased out.

The large socialistic projects, such as the Tennessee Valley Authority, will be sold by the government to private companies and operated on a for-profit basis.

The Department of Education will be shut down because we know what's best for educating our children. If we want to teach tobacco farming and religion in our classrooms, it should be left up to us (I hate to remind people that the way the federal people got a foot in the door in our educational system was partly because of our segregated schools).

Of course, the money from Washington stops.

Farm subsidies end (the large corporate farm operations get most of them anyhow).

The FDIC, the outfit that insures your bank deposits, will close down. If you have money in the bank, you probably ought to get it out and put it under your mattress.

The local governments -- city, county and state -- will take over the streets and roads and, because we can maintain our roads better, will get the potholes taken care of quickly.

No more bailouts for General Motors and Chrysler and the financial outfits. If you can't compete in the free enterprise system, you probably aren't building the cars people want and, in the case of banks. not handling the money as you should.

As for health care: If you work for a company that provides it, that's great. If the company you work for is too small to provide it -- tough luck, buddy. We're getting this country out of this mess.

This is not a complete plan, but I'm sure that the letter writers and editorial writers can add their ideas to make it even better. Then we'll be back to the capitalistic system that made this country great. We've learned our lesson.

Jim McGaughy

Aiken, S,C,

corgimom
corgimom 09/13/09 - 09:46 am
TTT, I'm not attacking you.

TTT, I'm not attacking you. TTT, it's not all about Barack Obama. There is a huge controversy in the Latino community about the census, mainly, should illegal immigrants participate in it?

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 09:47 am
corgimom...I was having civil

corgimom...I was having civil debate with you....you aren't who I'm referring to.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 09:48 am
Why would the latino interest

Why would the latino interest be a motive for Obama to want full control of the census.....that is my question. Why not keep the powers separated?

ispy4u
ispy4u 09/13/09 - 09:50 am
I have a very " Naive

I have a very " Naive attitude"? Why, because I do not think the way that you and the rest of the Naysayers do?

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 09:52 am
You say that the President is

You say that the President is but one man, but a Senator can control your life all by himself? How is that, ispy4u? And you have YET to give us anything Obama has done that has made the country better. Is it that tough of a question?

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 09:57 am
Have you come up with that

Have you come up with that proof that Liddy called for the death of ATF agents, or do you intend to let that libel stand unbacked?

ispy4u
ispy4u 09/13/09 - 10:02 am
1994 " If an ATF agent

1994 " If an ATF agent attempt to curtail a citizen's gun ownership, and they come bearing arms, resist with arms, aim for the head, because they will be wearing bulletproof vests". I guess that is one of your hero. Goggle it.

ispy4u
ispy4u 09/13/09 - 10:04 am
No, I did not say one Senator

No, I did not say one Senator could control your life. I said he was powerful and could affect your life buy pushing through laws. Get it right.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 09/13/09 - 10:08 am
I enjoy reading post from

I enjoy reading post from both view points, but come on, y'all aint got to write a book to get your point across.

ispy4u
ispy4u 09/13/09 - 10:08 am
When was our last attack?

When was our last attack? According to you and your Ilk, because there were not anymore attacks on our soil, that Bush kept us safe> I can say the same thing for Obama. I do not have to prove where he has made us " Safe" that is a matter of personal opinion. I feel safe. I do not look over my shoulders thinking that a terrorist is behind me.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 10:08 am
Resisting with arms is

Resisting with arms is EXACTLY what you should do if someone tries to take your constitutional right to bear arms. That is a foundation of what built this country. And a senator is no more powerful than the President who has to sign that law. He can veto it and force that one "powerful senator" to have 3/4 of the others to agree with him.....who sounds more powerful?

ispy4u
ispy4u 09/13/09 - 10:09 am
grasshopper. rotflmao

grasshopper. rotflmao

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 09/13/09 - 10:10 am
ispy4u, I would do the same

ispy4u, I would do the same thing if a federal agent came to take my guns. Its my right to protect my property!

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 10:11 am
ispy4u...you are too easy to

ispy4u...you are too easy to argue with. You have yet to answer my question about what Obama has done to make the country better...yet you continue to support him. You haven't been able to dispute a single thing I have posted, with facts...just trying to justify bad behavior by diverting...........I ask you about Ayers.......instead of answering, you divert by bringing up Liddy. This is the tactic that the left uses all too often, and Americans are starting to see through it.

mad_max
mad_max 09/13/09 - 10:11 am
Don't give me the "you don't

Don't give me the "you don't like Obama because he is black" crap. The country elected him and we knew he was black. He turned out to be a Communist, racist ACORN supporter and now we don't like him. End of discussion. Nothing to do with the fact that is black, or half black or whatever his pedigree is. He is a friggin' Communist who bilieves in big government, big taxes, social engineering by use of taxes, and a supporter (with my tax dollars) of the largestt racist organization (ACORN) in history. We gave him his chance, we took a look at his and the Democrat congress' proposals, we see how he totally silenced the opposition and refused to negotiate, we see his proposed taxes to pay for universal healthcare and his proposed taxes on energy and guess what.......we don't like him, his Speaker of the House, any ANY of their proposed legislation. Nothing to do with his color......everything to do with his Communism.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 10:12 am
Would you like me to list the

Would you like me to list the active things that Bush did to keep you safe? Some of the very things that Obama is trying to undo? I can list them....can you?

ispy4u
ispy4u 09/13/09 - 10:20 am
I do not feel the need to nor

I do not feel the need to nor do I feel that he needs defending. You have the right to criticize him as I do to defend him if I feel the need to. My point was that all politician have at one time of another come in to contact with people of questionable morals. Once you find out and distance yourself from that person, I believe that you should not be held accountable for that person views. By the way, I am not arguing with you. I do not believe that you will change your views nor will I change mine. You all have fun.

ispy4u
ispy4u 09/13/09 - 10:24 am
So, if the law has a reason

So, if the law has a reason to come to your door, even if it is to lawfully take away your precious guns, you feel that you have a right to kill them. I hoped that should you do so, that you go the way of WACO. No one is above the law. If you feel that your guns were illegally taken you go to court not kill agents doing their jobs.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 10:24 am
"I do not feel the need to

"I do not feel the need to nor do I feel that he needs defending. "...........it always comes to that when there is someone on here that can't defend the accusations he makes.

mgroothand
mgroothand 09/13/09 - 10:28 am
Mad max: Why is ACORN

Mad max: Why is ACORN considered a racist organization? Not a facetious question, an honest question.

corgimom
corgimom 09/13/09 - 10:31 am
TTT, the Hispanic voting

TTT, the Hispanic voting block is huge and just getting bigger and bigger. Anybody that wins the Latino vote will win future elections. The Latinos want it changed. They, not Barack, want control over the census. Did you know that it's predicted that in 25 years, Hispanics will be the largest group in the US??? It's about power and money and political control. It's not discussed in Augusta, there aren't enough Latinos in Augusta to make a difference. People are so bent about Obama. The Hispanics, sooner or later, are going to put a Hispanic in the White House. Now do you start to see the implications?

WhippingPost
WhippingPost 09/13/09 - 10:32 am
why are Obama supporters so

why are Obama supporters so ashamed of his color.(His race is supposed to be American, so I don't think that's an issue.) Anyway, why keep bringing up his color? Isn't his record with Acorn, and his record in the state senate, and his record in the U.S. senate enough to tell where he stands? Aren't his daily speeches enough to show he sees ending the America we know and the life we live and replacing them with his Marxist fantasy? This man, and his supporters, will end America.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/13/09 - 10:35 am
Don't you know that if the

Don't you know that if the Fairness Act is passed, the destruction
of the 2nd amendment will be so easy. Americans will not be able to fight the issue like they have toward the socialist Health Reform. Revolution will be the only answer.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 10:36 am
But Obama was the one who

But Obama was the one who proposed the takeover of the Census. How can you say he doesn't want to control it when he said he wants to control it?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/13/09 - 10:42 am
If you feel that your guns

If you feel that your guns were illegally taken you go to court not kill agents doing their jobs. Posted by ispy4u on Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:24 AM THAT IS A JOKE. If it got to that point, there will be no court.

FaceTheMusic
FaceTheMusic 09/13/09 - 10:47 am
Great letter, Mr. McGaughy.

Great letter, Mr. McGaughy. You hit the nail squarely on the head. And let me give the rest of you one great thing Obama has done: He hasn't started a pre-emptive war anywhere and then lied to us about why he did it.

Chad
Chad 09/13/09 - 10:53 am
Tiger in referance to the

Tiger in referance to the Raptor yes it is a great aircraft, but when you look at the cost of maintaining, it was just not a good busniess decision, for every hour of flight time it took 4-6 hours of maintiance. Granted we still need air superiorty and i believe we have that with the current fleet of F16, f18 super hornets, and the Raptor. The battle fields have changed and the UAV's that are flying have proven to be a valuable asset to the ground forces. Should the U.S. still look at future aircraft you bet but just because its the most expensive does not make it the best piece of equipment.

disssman
disssman 09/13/09 - 10:59 am
Asitisinaugusta you are

Asitisinaugusta you are obviously sadly informed as to who provides, EBT cards, Section8, Medicaid and a number of others. You may want to thank your CONservative state government for those issues. And TIGGER if we didn't have the "have nots" we would probably not have an armed forces, because the haves sure are too important to serve the country. Think about it, we are in sad shape, when the best job for a young person, is to enlist in the military. Just where are all these good paying jobs, that these lazy, good for nothings should be working at. If you really believe that a person 40 - 50 years old, with a family depending on them, isn't trying desperately to find meaningful employment, you are the worst kind of idiot. Could it be the jobs were eleminated due to "W"s , last 23 lop sided trade deals?

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/13/09 - 11:07 am
I would rather see the

I would rather see the present government send trillions of dollars on an aircraft that is totally invisible (even to the naked eye), have a speed of mach 20, that is constructed of material that is indestructible, able to kill one individual or a complete country from 100 mile up and make this nations defense so strong,that no country would like to screw with. The trillions of dollars that have been spent in the last 8 months and the future trillions are a complete waste.

Chad
Chad 09/13/09 - 11:09 am
Dissman or maybe the jobs

Dissman or maybe the jobs went Tango Uniform starting in 2006 when the Dem's took over congress. You cannot believe for one minute that they did not see the writting on the wall about the housing market crash, then the banking. If they were so concerned about America they should have done something then but did not Why? They are to worried about their own political careers to care about the little people the very same ones that put them in office.

Search of alleged dealer's home found drugs, firearms