Here's a proposal to stop socialism

I have read many letters sent in to The Chronicle, and editorials by the paper, concerning how socialism is destroying our country primarily since the liberals came upon the scene in the 1930s. I think I have a plan to correct this growing problem in our country:

First, as of today, no one can enroll in the Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid programs. People in the programs will continue, but as they pass on, the programs will decrease and be phased out.

The large socialistic projects, such as the Tennessee Valley Authority, will be sold by the government to private companies and operated on a for-profit basis.

The Department of Education will be shut down because we know what's best for educating our children. If we want to teach tobacco farming and religion in our classrooms, it should be left up to us (I hate to remind people that the way the federal people got a foot in the door in our educational system was partly because of our segregated schools).

Of course, the money from Washington stops.

Farm subsidies end (the large corporate farm operations get most of them anyhow).

The FDIC, the outfit that insures your bank deposits, will close down. If you have money in the bank, you probably ought to get it out and put it under your mattress.

The local governments -- city, county and state -- will take over the streets and roads and, because we can maintain our roads better, will get the potholes taken care of quickly.

No more bailouts for General Motors and Chrysler and the financial outfits. If you can't compete in the free enterprise system, you probably aren't building the cars people want and, in the case of banks. not handling the money as you should.

As for health care: If you work for a company that provides it, that's great. If the company you work for is too small to provide it -- tough luck, buddy. We're getting this country out of this mess.

This is not a complete plan, but I'm sure that the letter writers and editorial writers can add their ideas to make it even better. Then we'll be back to the capitalistic system that made this country great. We've learned our lesson.

Jim McGaughy

Aiken, S,C,

mefirst
mefirst 09/13/09 - 07:43 am
How refreshing! As soon as I

How refreshing! As soon as I say "racist" all of you look to find more legitimate reasons for Obama's failure to perform up to your expectations, and I say good for you! Obama isn't perfect, and he is also not alone in the WH. You finally may have sown the seeds here for a real discussion regarding what is wrong wuth this country. Too bad I had to set the house on fire to get you to walk outside. And, for Nativeson;this is no game, my country is at stake here. We need to get past ALL of this Black/White S@#$% and see that we all sink or swim together.

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 07:44 am
He moved the Census from the

He moved the Census from the independent control of the commerce department and put it under direct control of his Chief of Staff. Look it up. One of the first moves of fascism is to change things so you can remain in power.

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 07:46 am
mefirst.........no one is

mefirst.........no one is LOOKING for legitimate reasons.........we've posted them from day one.

deekster
deekster 09/13/09 - 07:47 am
Dr. Deming's theories worked

Dr. Deming's theories worked in Japan because he had a "captive audience", a worker bee society and the financial backing of the US government. US tax dollars rebuilt Japan with state of the art manufacturing equipment. US auto and steel mills were not outfitted with the latest in technology. Japan's auto and steel industries, subsuidized by US tax dollars and one sided trade incentives, helped destroy American manufacturing. While Dr. Deming's theories worked. He needed a "lab" to do the testing. Japan was destroyed, except for the Emperor and the The Three Wealthy Familes. They were exempt from the "surrender".

corgimom
corgimom 09/13/09 - 07:55 am
Tigger, he proposed it in Feb

Tigger, he proposed it in Feb 2009, in Mar 2009 it was announced that it would stay with the Commerce Department. That's all I could find. Did anything change since March?

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 07:57 am
By all means RA...let's

By all means RA...let's weaken the military. No sense having the best weapons in the world....let's just make sure we are on a level playing field so that if war DOES break out, there's no chance of ending it swiftly. We'll just drag it on forever. Good, humanitarian idea you have there. And could you tell us what is wrong with the Constitution as it is? Is it that it is too simple.....do we need to make it 1300 pages of gibberish like HR3200, so people will have a harder time knowing when their rights are trampled?

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 08:02 am
I see corgimom.........it is

I see corgimom.........it is not official either way yet, but don't you think we should question his motives on this power grab?

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 08:04 am
Or his motives on setting up

Or his motives on setting up an email account to report people who disagree with his health care ponzi scheme.

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 08:06 am
Or his association with ACORN

Or his association with ACORN who was caught trying to help people set up brothels without getting caught.

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 08:07 am
Or his association with Bill

Or his association with Bill Ayers.......an unrepentant terrorist. The list goes on. The list of good things he has done for the country remains stagnant at zero.

ispy4u
ispy4u 09/13/09 - 08:18 am
" He allowed the bomber to

" He allowed the bomber to return to Libya"? What are you some type of nut? What was he supposed to do, bomb Libya? I guess we are supposed to invade Iran? Like you give a damn about the Iranian people.

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 08:20 am
ispy4u..........He could at

ispy4u..........He could at least publicly denounce it! But we don't want to offend our enemies, now do we..........just keep showing this kind of weakness and see what happens.

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 08:21 am
ispy4u.....do you care to

ispy4u.....do you care to attempt to refute any of the other facts I posted, or is your personal attack all you have?

ispy4u
ispy4u 09/13/09 - 08:21 am
McCain's association with G.

McCain's association with G. Gordon Liddy. So, what is your point?

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 08:22 am
Is McCain the President?

Is McCain the President? Again....come up with some good argument.

CobaltGeorge
CobaltGeorge 09/13/09 - 08:23 am
I always felt that the race

I always felt that the race issue in this nation was slowly going away but Maybe In The Hearts Of Some, a good thing he has done is make it the major issue again.

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 08:24 am
What has Obama done that has

What has Obama done that has made the country better. Give us examples and explain how it helped.........use verifiable facts please.

ispy4u
ispy4u 09/13/09 - 08:25 am
I do not need to. You tell me

I do not need to. You tell me when was the very first time you posted a comment concerning defending the Iranian people. Show me one post during the Bush Presidency that you expressed your concern for their safety.

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 08:25 am
How many innocent people have

How many innocent people have Liddy tried to kill? Now compare that to Ayers.

ispy4u
ispy4u 09/13/09 - 08:26 am
No, but he is a senior

No, but he is a senior Senator with the power to affect our lives. The President is one person and can only do what our Legislators allows him to do.

corgimom
corgimom 09/13/09 - 08:27 am
Hey, I don't know, your

Hey, I don't know, your posting was the first I had heard of it. It seemed to me that Latinos were the ones that wanted it changed. The Latino census issue is a hot one in Charlotte.

ispy4u
ispy4u 09/13/09 - 08:28 am
He wanted to kill ATF agents

He wanted to kill ATF agents at least he advocated it. I guess it is alright in your world to call for the deaths of Law enforcement Agents?

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 08:33 am
ispy4u...you have a very

ispy4u...you have a very naive attitude. Could you PLEASE give us something that Obama has done that has made the country better? And post where Liddy called for the death of ATF agents..........a little proof please.

corgimom
corgimom 09/13/09 - 08:33 am
TTT, it looks to me the

TTT, it looks to me the Census issue was a proposal and he hasn't seized control of it. The Census is, and has been, a controversial issue since it was first written into the Constitution.

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 08:34 am
I understand,

I understand, corgimom......but why do you suppose he wanted to control it?

corgimom
corgimom 09/13/09 - 08:37 am
Because the Latinos have

Because the Latinos have focused heavily upon it, and they are the ones behind the change. And the Hispanic voting block is becoming immensly powerful. It is a major topic in the Latino community.

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 08:39 am
"The best aeronautical minds

"The best aeronautical minds in the nation (the world for that matter) all agree that unmanned weapons platforms are the wave of the future." All of them? Really......can you prove that? What do we use until that is ready?

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 08:41 am
Can anyone here refute the

Can anyone here refute the facts I post without some sort of personal attack? "uneducated" "uninformed" "poor reading comprehension" ....why not just post some verifiable refuting evidence? Is it that hard to back up your pov?

Cordie
Cordie 09/13/09 - 08:44 am
i wonder if disney world know

i wonder if disney world know that tigger the tiger has escaped. i wonder if he checked with the copyright laws to see if it is legal to use this title. i think he has joined the depends group..

Tigger_The_Tiger 09/13/09 - 08:46 am
I repeat my 9:41 post...... I

I repeat my 9:41 post...... I suppose not.

McDuffie school system closes after influenza outbreak

One day after closing Maxwell Elementary School due to excessive absences caused by an outbreak of influenza, strep infection and stomach viruses, the McDuffie County School System has decided to ...