Customer service was outstanding

Customer service is not foreign to Walmart in Evans.

I witnessed the best customer service ever while returning a piece of equipment one recent night. Not only did I receive a replacement but in doing so, the customer service manager and technical advisor took into consideration that my situation was not the norm and they, Walmart, bent the rules solely on customer satisfaction.

In times like these, it is nice to know that there is a place we can go to see a smile and feel confident that our satisfaction truly is a business' desired end. Kudos to Walmart in Evans.

Paul Cyr, Martinez

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 09/07/09 - 02:01 am
They really do go above and

They really do go above and behond to take care of their customers. For the worst customer service around just go to your nearest Best Buy.

charliemanson
charliemanson 09/07/09 - 05:45 am
Good customer service = good

Good customer service = good stock prices.

charliemanson
charliemanson 09/07/09 - 05:49 am
As long as the Walton kids

As long as the Walton kids can stay away from the "bolt cutters," this trend should continue.

HotFoot
HotFoot 09/07/09 - 07:22 am
Ironic to run a letter

Ironic to run a letter praising Wal-Mart on Labor Day. The company has never been a friend of their workers and they've driven thousands of mom-n-pop establishments out of business across the country. That's why our family doesn't spend a dime there. Spend your money to benefit your own community!

dashiel
dashiel 09/07/09 - 07:33 am
Walmart also conditions

Walmart also conditions consumers to improve their shopping skills. Over time, even those of us with low cognitive scores learn to hold onto all receipts for our inevitable return visits.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 09/07/09 - 07:37 am
How can you blame Wal-Mart

How can you blame Wal-Mart for Mom and Pop stores closing. Consumers chose where they spend their money. Why not blame the consumer instead of Wal-Mart? Also, people chose to work at Wal-Mart. If it was such a bad place to work, wouldn't it be hard to find good customer service?

hrs
hrs 09/07/09 - 08:18 am
There are lots of places with

There are lots of places with good customer service but the sad thing is you have to search for them. Oreilly Auto Parts is another one that has great customer service especially the new store on Tobacco Road. More stores should adopt this attitude and their business might grow.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 09/07/09 - 08:48 am
Hotfoot and dashiel - bet you

Hotfoot and dashiel - bet you both still shop there though.

HotFoot
HotFoot 09/07/09 - 09:01 am
No, overburdened, I don't.

No, overburdened, I don't. The only time I've ever been there is when my husband received a $25 Walmart gift card from his employer. Since it was already paid for, I was not going to forgo twenty-five bucks and let them increase their profits by that much. It's a dispiriting place, in addition to being bad for workers.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 09/07/09 - 09:19 am
Well, the workers were not

Well, the workers were not drafted and have a choice. I don't understand why people apply somewhere and when they get the job THEY ASKED FOR they just want to complain. Hotfoot I applaud your integrity even though I don't share your belief.

Roeschen
Roeschen 09/07/09 - 10:09 am
Who forced people to work at

Who forced people to work at Wal-Mart? I have heard both good and bad things about them. But, as long as they have low prices, I will continue to shop there. Besides, it keeps many locals employed.

Brenda_G
Brenda_G 09/07/09 - 10:18 am
I agree 100% about Best Buy's

I agree 100% about Best Buy's poor (non-existent) customer service. I always have to ask an associate to call someone in the department for assistance and then they are usually way-laid by another customer. Their telephone service (Geek Squad) leaves a whole lot to be desired as I let it ring over seven minutes one day to get an answer to a question, only for the phone to be picked up then hung up in one swift movement. I find I am in need of a new scanner. I will not be going to Best Buy, but rather Staples who knows a greeting and "may I help you" rates them A-1 in my book!

humbleopinion
humbleopinion 09/07/09 - 10:33 am
I have NEVER shopped at a

I have NEVER shopped at a Wal-Mart myself. However I recently helped an elderly neighbor who wished to return a vacuum to their store on Bobby Jones. I carried it in for her and listened as they REFUSED to issue a refund or offer a replacement as her vacuum was 11 days out of warranty. I drove her to Target for a new vacuum as she says that she will never shop Wal-Mart again.
I often wonder too if stories of great customer service are written by employees of the store or their families........sounds fishy to me.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 09/07/09 - 10:56 am
Warranty problems are

Warranty problems are supposed to be taken care of by the manufacturer, NOT THE RETAILER. If the problem was within 30 days I could see returning it to the retailer but not after that. That is why the MANUFACTURER has a warranty and most say in their warranty NOT to return it to the retailer.

LouLou
LouLou 09/07/09 - 11:05 am
Best Buy will NEVER EVER SEE

Best Buy will NEVER EVER SEE ME again, their ###### attitude was completely uncalled for when I made the mistake of purchasing a gas stove there. They failed to get it setup right from the beginning and flat refused to do what they were supposed to do.

disssman
disssman 09/07/09 - 11:20 am
Well said and true Hotfoot.

Well said and true Hotfoot. And BrendaG just remember as you walk into that BB, that looks like a palace, sitting on the most expensive site in town, you are paying dearly for the luxury. I would do myself a favor and shop the internet where prices are cheaper and it dosen't cost any gasoline and the items are delivered to your door. Maybe then the CEO's and managers would appreciate the customer as much as they do their bonuses.

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 09/07/09 - 11:23 am
For years the management at

For years the management at the one on Bobby Jones has been horrible!!! They seemingly try to hire some of the most arrogant, non caring, inattentive, lazy managers I have ever seen.

What4
What4 09/07/09 - 11:23 am
I always bought my

I always bought my electronics at Circuit City because of my bad experiences at Best Buy. I miss CC. I have begun to buy electronics at Walmart.

WAG
WAG 09/07/09 - 12:05 pm
You are so right about the

You are so right about the management at Bobby Jones...All they do is stand around with their arms crossed talking. They have no clue how to run a store. The shelves are forever out of stock. Your common sense tells you if something is selling order more of it. but not Walmart.... go for weeks and still no product.
and still the mangement just stands around trying to look cute..
Not working!!!!!

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 09/07/09 - 12:27 pm
Exactly what I'm talking

Exactly what I'm talking about, stocking and the managers not doing their jobs!!!

TakeAstand
TakeAstand 09/07/09 - 12:31 pm
What? I seen the other day

What? I seen the other day circuitcity.com is running again under new management. I didn't look completely at it, looked the same, but you may want to check it out, maybe they are just as good as the other circuitcity.com. I miss them too best buy sux!!! I seen the link at a site called peopleofwalmart.com it's a funny site well some are funny lol, it shows the misfits that go walking around walmart.

Pu239
Pu239 09/07/09 - 01:23 pm
Why do people shop at the

Why do people shop at the Dollar Store? So they don't have to get dressed up to go to Wal-Mart!

bailmeout2
bailmeout2 09/07/09 - 02:36 pm
Best Buy takes advantage of

Best Buy takes advantage of the technically challenged, young, and seniors. Do your homework before you walk in there. Especially on computers and HDTV's. Use monoprice.com for cables and wall mounts.

bailmeout2
bailmeout2 09/07/09 - 02:38 pm
Have you seen the Best Buy

Have you seen the Best Buy attack ads on Wal-mart? Now that Wal-mart has entered the electronics market, they are very worried.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/07/09 - 03:18 pm
Yeah....Wal-Mart is

Yeah....Wal-Mart is evil....selling things at a fair price is just sinister! They should charge higher prices so the "Mom and Pop" stores can stay in business. You people are amazing.

foosox
foosox 09/07/09 - 04:00 pm
You must have a ton of money

You must have a ton of money if you don't shop at Walmart. It is the cheapest there is. I take the ads from other stores and they match them. Saves me time and gas. I couldn't feed my family if it weren't for Great Value Brand!

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/07/09 - 04:02 pm
I know foosox...they must be

I know foosox...they must be evil...helping the poor like that.....

noils
noils 09/07/09 - 04:11 pm
I like Wal*Mart but have had

I like Wal*Mart but have had bad experiences with returns and credits. First the wait in the return department is normally long. If a cashier fails to see a coupon that you've put right in front of their face you are sent to the return dept. to wait while other stores make the adjustment on the spot. Forget returning a Christmas gift until after New Years.

Wal*Mart is lenient on returns. I saw this fellow who appeared to be down on his luck return electic saws and power tools that had been used. It looked like he probably got a job building a deck, got paid, then returned everything except the unused nails.

Asitisinaug
Asitisinaug 09/07/09 - 07:14 pm
HotFoot, Wal Mart does more

HotFoot, Wal Mart does more for this community and most communities than mom and pop stores ever could. They are very loyal to the communities and the schools in the area. Condensing items to one location helps in many ways such as less fuel to transport items for purchase as well as many less stops in order to deliver the products. The savings are passed on to the consumers which helps all of us be able to afford the things we need and/or want. They provide clean, safe, well lit stores with great prices, good security, etc. and take great care of their customers and good care of their employees. Like it or not, they offer more for their employees than most any mom and pop stores ever did. If anything, Wal Mart is probabaly too lenient with their polices which allow some customers who are not completely honest to return many items that simply shouldn't be taken back.

humbleopinion
humbleopinion 09/07/09 - 07:49 pm
Sounds like "asitisinaug" is

Sounds like "asitisinaug" is a Wal-Mart employee who has had their share of the Kool-Aid. As for pricing, it is NOT ALWAYS the exact same product you would find at another store. Manufacturers make products exclusively for WM that may LOOK like the products they sell to others but will have cheaper parts. As for the comment about the manufacturers warranty, it was EUREKA's customer service number that told her to return it to WM for replacement. I examined the vacuum and the internal parts were junk plastic and very flimsy. I compared it to the Eureka she purchased at Target and there was no comparison. The beater bar rollers were so thin that is why they both cracked. The Eureka from Target had heavier rollers that were SOLID. Oh, and the price for the comparable / better vacuum at Target was about $2.00 less.