Obama's Census is unconstitutional

Augusta's mayor says to answer all 10 of President Obama's Census questions, even though the Constitution only allows the census to ask one question, i.e., how many people live in this house?

Obama's Census will be a major invasion of privacy and 90 percent illegal, according to the Constitution. Will you cede your info to an illegal government scam? A Census official then says the questionnaire is "safe, confidential and you don't have to fear any reprisals."

That's a threat -- the implication being that if you don't toe their line, you do have to "fear reprisals." And any reprisal is, of course, unconstitutional.

Obama is really getting carried away with his dream of being a dictator. Some Americans are waking up. It's time for all Americans to wake up and, for example, only answer the number of people living in your house. Anything more and you've handed your freedom to an illegitimate government con job.

Bill Dekle

Millen

inkpup
inkpup 09/06/09 - 01:51 pm
I think de only card cparker

I think de only card cparker gots to play beez duh race card.

ceewolfy
ceewolfy 09/06/09 - 01:55 pm
The truth is that these guns

The truth is that these guns end up in the hands of criminals. Registration help monitor the flow of illegal guns into the hands of criminals.

dani
dani 09/06/09 - 02:07 pm
diss There was no census

diss There was no census taken during the G W Bush years. the last census was 2000 and Bill Clinton was president. The census before then, 1990, was taken during Bush 41's term. I don't know what the Dem's had to say about it back then, that was 20 years ago, probably lots.

Roeschen
Roeschen 09/06/09 - 03:00 pm
mommy715- obama "says" a lot

mommy715- obama "says" a lot of things - most of those have been proven to be lies - why do you fawn at his feet? Why are you so willing to enslave yourself to him? What is he going to do for you? You got your check in the mail yet? He made your house payment yet? Have all your bills been wiped out yet? Please, tell me you are smarter than that.

genbartow
genbartow 09/06/09 - 03:01 pm
uncleshirt, you talk ab out

uncleshirt, you talk ab out how the census has been handled to this point.
The rules have changed, the new rules are that there are no rules. ACORN will have access to census data (The WH has stated as much by anouncing they will assist in taking it), and what has been done in the past is no guide to the future.
I don't know about you, but I will not give ACORN any personal info.

genbartow
genbartow 09/06/09 - 03:10 pm
concernednative, You say we

concernednative,
You say we cannot legislate morality?
We've been doing it for 233 years in this country and would not have a country without it, only anarchy.
Thou shall not murder
Thou shall not steal.
Thou shall not commit perjury, and the laws against rape, assault and many others including marrying your cousin.

disssman
disssman 09/06/09 - 03:11 pm
TIGGER I almost forgot the

TIGGER I almost forgot the phone calls that were being monitored at FT G between soldiers and their families. I am glad you brought it up. You must remember, it was the story where they were broadcasting the juicy calls on loud speakers for all to secretly hear. Talk about an intrusion of privacy, but again all in the name of terrorism. Now if the CONS didn't have a problem with easedropping on married soldiers intimate conversations, what is the problem with telling the government you own a car or a washing machine?

jg41160
jg41160 09/06/09 - 03:14 pm
come on people, get real. the

come on people, get real. the sky is not falling. this hysteria is getting out of hand. stop accepting the rhetoric and think for yourself.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/06/09 - 03:30 pm
What reason does the

What reason does the government have to know what kind of washing machine I have? At least when they monitor phone calls (a practice that Obama has continued with no outcry from the left) they were trying to fight terrorism. Why do they need to know about my toilet?

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 09/06/09 - 04:19 pm
There is so darn much

There is so darn much disinformation out there; but the real problem is the amount of people who are believing whatever they hear. Like school districts who don't want their kids to hear what the president has to say. If I hear these administrators correctly, then they are regulating what people are supposed to hear. Who the heck are the real Nazis now?

mable8
mable8 09/06/09 - 04:22 pm
The census I receive in the

The census I receive in the mail will be returned to the big O's office totally blank...he has no business asking any questions at all and I don't have to answer them. As for his statement about 'reprisals,' just who does he think he is to make such threats. This wannabe king/emperor/dictator needs to step down from office because there is no throne available and any effort to proclaim himself as such IS UNConstitutional.

Barf Obama
Barf Obama 09/06/09 - 04:22 pm
It's time to march on

It's time to march on WashingtoN D, C,
Let's take our country back.

Roeschen
Roeschen 09/06/09 - 04:37 pm
No Niko - They are regulating

No Niko - They are regulating what children hear, at the parents' request. Most school districts have an opt out clause so if the parents do not want their children to hear something, they will not hear it. It is called responsible parenting. Many parents do not want their children, especially the grade school children, to hear political speeches until after they have listened to them and decide for themselves what they want the kids to hear. Do you have a problem with responsible parenting? So many parents don't care what their children do, it is kind of nice to see good, responsible parents.

dani
dani 09/06/09 - 04:38 pm
There is a Tea Party Express

There is a Tea Party Express organizing in the mid-west. Charter buses will be used to take volunteers to D.C. I missed the address but it's on the web.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 09/06/09 - 04:46 pm
Roe, I've got a problem with

Roe, I've got a problem with scared parents, not responsible parents. I've got a problem with parent who want to politicize a positive message from the President of the US to their children. I've got a problem with parents who believe the vast disinformation that they hear from the most unreliable of sources. And I've got a problem with school administrators who are not thinking in a straightforward manner.

Barf Obama
Barf Obama 09/06/09 - 04:46 pm
I heard there was a charter

I heard there was a charter forming sometimes in Sept.

Barf Obama
Barf Obama 09/06/09 - 04:49 pm
And I have a problem with the

And I have a problem with the give me community.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 09/06/09 - 04:50 pm
Hey Tigger, the government

Hey Tigger, the government can listen to my phone anytime because I'm not saying anything dumb or talking about my arsenal of guns, and stating that my government is Socialist. And they can also learn (by census or whatever means) that I've got a high efficiency Kenmore washer & dryer. They really save on the water & electric bills.

InChristLove
InChristLove 09/06/09 - 05:08 pm
What business is it of

What business is it of government to know I have an arsenal of guns, as long as they are registered. What business is it of the government if in my opinion they are socialist, it's my opinion. What business is it of the government to know I own a high efficiency Kenmore washer & dryer. If they want to know which washer & dryer is more efficient and is popular then look at sales records. But what in the world does this have to do with the census?

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 09/06/09 - 05:18 pm
Guns and religion, now

Guns and religion, now there's a mix that makes all the sense in the world to me. Praise the Lord and take some lead, rat tat tat, rat tat tat tat from the blessed AK-47.

jack
jack 09/06/09 - 05:34 pm
I will follow Congresswoman

I will follow Congresswoman Bachmann's (r-Minn) example and answer ONE question-how many live in my household. I suggest the public in general do the same as it is being run out of the WH, thus is political this coming year, especially with ACORN making the count. I also understand that illegals will be counted, thus get more congressional representation in those disctricts with a large illegal polpulation, thus IS unconsitutional.

Rhetor
Rhetor 09/06/09 - 05:35 pm
I agree that the right wing

I agree that the right wing has totally lost its mind. Every census during my fairly long lifetime has been run pretty much the same way. The Commerce Department has always been under the President's control. He didn't "seize" it any more than the President of Goodyear Corporation seized control of his tire factory. Stop being so idiotic. It's embarassing to share a country with you people.

jack
jack 09/06/09 - 05:43 pm
I cringe when I see those

I cringe when I see those townhall lunatics scream "Constitution". They certainly can't expect any sane person to believe they know what they speak of. But Fox news has them riled up about subjects they know nothing of and in fear of anything done by Obama. They're so gullible -- it's sad.
Posted by bcs2k on Sun Sep 6, 2009 8:55 AM....Evidently you leftists have forgotten the 8 years of screaming how GW Bush violated the Constitution (never supporting the allegations). The proglem that BimbObama and the DIMs have with BimbObama care is that the public at the town hall meetings knows more about what is in HR 3200 than the DIMocRAT loonies that voted for it.

jack
jack 09/06/09 - 05:55 pm
It seems like the only thing

It seems like the only thing that people who are bearing arms are doing is shooting themselves via suicide or shooting others by mistake. Maybe you should have said we need to be aware of fearful people who are scared and bearing arms. And this thing about the Census is just laughable. Stay indoors and don't answer the doorbell, the USA does not need to count the dummies.
Posted by Niko Mahs on Sun Sep 6, 2009 10:52 AM....More Niko inanity. I am a gun collector and have never shot anyone other than in cobat. It is NONE of the government's business how many guns I have as the 2d Amendment gives me the RIGHT to own them. The FACT that the WH took "oversight" of the 2010 census rather than the Commerce Dept (even though under the executive branch like so many other agencies) is suspect as BimbObama's creibility with other than you sheeple is ZERO.

jack
jack 09/06/09 - 05:56 pm
Another nut case. I need to

Another nut case. I need to start selling aluminum hats.
Posted by namlive on Sun Sep 6, 2009 10:54 AM....I'm sure you already have yours.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/06/09 - 06:25 pm
Niko...the government can

Niko...the government can listen in on my phone too...and i may talk about my LEGAL arsenal, many of which are not registered nor are they required to be, and how the government IS socialist. Why would I fear them hearing the truth?

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/06/09 - 06:27 pm
I even reported MYSELF as

I even reported MYSELF as being "fishy" to flag@whitehouse.gov because I want them to KNOW how I feel and I am fully prepared for the consequences.

TheTruth
TheTruth 09/06/09 - 06:31 pm
Robert M. Groves, a former

Robert M. Groves, a former census official and now a sociology professor at the University of Michigan, was nominated Thursday by President Obama to run the Census Bureau. Commerce Secretary Gary Locke described Mr. Grove as 'a respected social scientist who will run the Census Bureau with integrity and independence.' Even before the official White House announcement, rumors about the choice drew criticism on Thursday from Republicans already anxious about the 2010 census, a multibillion-dollar enterprise that will determine which states gains seats in Congress and which ones lose them, as well as the allocation of federal dollars to states and cities based on population. In 1999, the Supreme Court ruled that an actual count must be used to apportion seats among the states in the House of Representatives, the only purpose for the once-a-decade census spelled out in the Constitution. But the 5-to-4 ruling left open the possibility that statistical adjustments could be used to redraw Congressional districts within the states, and for other purposes, like the distribution of federal money.

TheTruth
TheTruth 09/06/09 - 06:44 pm
From FactCheck.org:

From FactCheck.org: http://www.factcheck.org/2009/06/acorn-and-the-census/

Q: Is ACORN providing workers for the 2010 census?

A: No. ACORN employees will not be taking the census. The group is one of more than 30,000 "partners" that will help publicize the event.

Folks...Quit listening to the hate-mongers at Fox...It's not good for your soul. Check out the facts. Investigate before hopping on the anti-Obama bandwagon.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/06/09 - 06:54 pm
TheTruth...what makes

TheTruth...what makes "factcheck.org" the be all end all of the truth.... Why do people just blindly believe them and snopes?