Obama's Census is unconstitutional

Augusta's mayor says to answer all 10 of President Obama's Census questions, even though the Constitution only allows the census to ask one question, i.e., how many people live in this house?

Obama's Census will be a major invasion of privacy and 90 percent illegal, according to the Constitution. Will you cede your info to an illegal government scam? A Census official then says the questionnaire is "safe, confidential and you don't have to fear any reprisals."

That's a threat -- the implication being that if you don't toe their line, you do have to "fear reprisals." And any reprisal is, of course, unconstitutional.

Obama is really getting carried away with his dream of being a dictator. Some Americans are waking up. It's time for all Americans to wake up and, for example, only answer the number of people living in your house. Anything more and you've handed your freedom to an illegitimate government con job.

Bill Dekle

Millen

uncleshirt
uncleshirt 09/06/09 - 06:24 am
Where in the Constitution

Where in the Constitution does it say anything about census questions? The Census in 2010 will be used just like every other census since 1790. By law, specific census data is kept private for 70 years because that's the general accepted life span of the average person. I use the census on a regular basis to do genealogical research and I worked on the 2000 US Census as an enumerator.When I go to look up my relatives, I can't access any information after 1930 because it is protected under law. The only information released before the 70 year period is aggrate information. It is not unconstitutional to ask questions to gather census information. Nobody has ever been penalized for not answering questions and there is no government "plot" to misuse census data. BTW, I plan to work for the census again in 2010.

uncleshirt
uncleshirt 09/06/09 - 06:25 am
That was supposed to say

That was supposed to say aggragate information-sorry!

concernednative
concernednative 09/06/09 - 06:47 am
These right wingers have let

These right wingers have let Hannity and Beck talk them into screaming constitution and they have no clue. It is sad that millions are Americans being made to look like mindless fools by spewing these talking points. This letter is not factual in the least bit. This is getting really sad. So why does the AC publish a letter like this?

justus4
justus4 09/06/09 - 06:53 am
How is it Obama's Census? The

How is it Obama's Census? The other 43 presidents to happen along during the Constitutional-mandated process didn't have it attached to their administration. Why this one? Well, U guessed it! The writer appears a bit delusional on the "fear" that someone is coming after him. If U can't follow the Constitution, don't blame others for a lack of understanding.

mary_snead
mary_snead 09/06/09 - 07:10 am
It is Obama's census because

It is Obama's census because the Oval Office is overseeing this census instead of Department of Commerce. Congressional lines are drawn according to the census. So I guess Obama wants to redraw the congressional lines!

TechLover
TechLover 09/06/09 - 07:48 am
They could just redraw

They could just redraw Congressional district lines in between censuses like Tom Delay and the Republicans did in Texas in 2003.

southernguy08
southernguy08 09/06/09 - 07:53 am
Of course, CONCERNED, I keep

Of course, CONCERNED, I keep forgetting it's all the right wingers fault. Funny, when the left screams about constitutional violations, I never hear a word from you. I guess the rules are different now, eh?

SoonerorLater
SoonerorLater 09/06/09 - 07:59 am
Great point Mary, justazz

Great point Mary, justazz needs the facts and the news pointed out for him to understand why this census falls under the WH. I guess since it is the "White" House he has a problem with that.

JohnQPublic
JohnQPublic 09/06/09 - 07:59 am
You've got that right,

You've got that right, southernguy08.

55 F-100
55 F-100 09/06/09 - 08:17 am
It is correct that the only

It is correct that the only question that you must answer is the number of people who reside at your residence. That will be the only question which I will answer. The other questions are an attempt to gain data as to demographics and voting tendencies. I will not be a part of Prezbhojangles' attempt to manipulate voting districts.

SoonerorLater
SoonerorLater 09/06/09 - 08:27 am

http://2010.census.gov/2010census/pdf/2010ACSnotebook.pdf Seems like alot of information that could be invasive, especially with the Marxist regime lead by the Muslim Husein.

iknowitwheniseeit
iknowitwheniseeit 09/06/09 - 08:31 am
More brain junk from the Good

More brain junk from the Good Old Propaganda party.

stevecanyon
stevecanyon 09/06/09 - 08:37 am
uncleshirt read the

uncleshirt read the Constitution. States: cause the number of the inhabitants within their respective districts to be taken; omitting in such enumeration Indians not taxed, and distinguishing free persons, including those bound to service for a term of years, from all others; distinguishing also the sexes and colours of free persons, and the free males of sixteen years and upwards from those under that age." The act directed that the names of the heads of families be recorded, the number of white males sixteen and older, the number of white males under sixteen, the number of white females, the number of all other free persons, and the number of slaves. Also at http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_cens.html it states: There is a lot of census data collected in the United States today, such as economic figures, sales and production figures, and agricultural statistics. Still, the head count is the only part of the census that is called for by the Constitution. Of course some changes were needed since we no longer have slaves and the no-tax Indians. 14th Admendment took care of things like that. So number of people in household and their sex is basically all they can ask.

bcs2k
bcs2k 09/06/09 - 08:55 am
I cringe when I see those

I cringe when I see those townhall lunatics scream "Constitution". They certainly can't expect any sane person to believe they know what they speak of. But Fox news has them riled up about subjects they know nothing of and in fear of anything done by Obama. They're so gullible -- it's sad.

wcr250
wcr250 09/06/09 - 09:06 am
Deke C is a nut case anyway,I

Deke C is a nut case anyway,I don't know who would listen to him.I will not answer all the questions

TechLover
TechLover 09/06/09 - 09:11 am
I wonder if any of these

I wonder if any of these people answered the census questions in 1990 under GHW Bush or in 2000 under Clinton? I don't remember there being such a ruckus about them either time, or in 1980 under Carter for that matter. Those are the only 3 I've been of age and participated in, so beyond that I don't know.

FaceTheMusic
FaceTheMusic 09/06/09 - 09:48 am
I will complete the census

I will complete the census form this year, just like I have every ten years, under all presidents, both Democrat and Republican. To do otherwise is simply foolish.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/06/09 - 09:58 am
When Obama seized control of

When Obama seized control of the Census from the commerce department, he crossed the line of separation of power.........but his blind, sheep, followers will keep in defending him. When I do my census form, I too will do as I have done every time........I will tell them how many people are in my house....the rest is none of their business.

mad_max
mad_max 09/06/09 - 10:00 am
Why are we screaming? Because

Why are we screaming? Because the White House has illegally taken CONTROL of the CENSUS and given ACORN $8 billion dollars and a contract to make fraudulent entries and manipulate the data. That's why. You say "that ain't so"? Well it sure looks suspicious to us. Why didn't Sig Heil Obama leave the Census with an independent agency like it has been since the beginning of this Republic? Why did he hire a racist organization to "assist" with data collection. Sorry folks. Obama's "trust factor" has gone to ZERO with half of the country. That is why there is screaming about the Census and about him wanting to "talk" to our school kids. WE NO LONGER TRUST HIM. No, I guess actually WE ACTIVELY DISTRUST HIM since we have seen his policies.

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/06/09 - 10:01 am
Techlover....you don't

Techlover....you don't remember people raising cain about the census asking about how many flush toilets and other questions that aren't any of their business? You must have a short memory. This isn't just about Obama......none of this stuff is any of the government's business. You people don't want the government to listen in on phone calls between Citizens and terrorists, but you want them to know everything about the plumbing in everyone's house? How does that make sense?

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 09/06/09 - 10:01 am
I have always only answered

I have always only answered how many and ages in the census under ANY President.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 09/06/09 - 10:02 am
BTW it is also Obama's census

BTW it is also Obama's census when he has the government contract ACORN to supply census takers. We see how well that went with voter registration.

Roeschen
Roeschen 09/06/09 - 10:07 am
I have only answered how many

I have only answered how many and ages. The last census taker wanted to know race, ethnicity, sex, how many had drivers' licenses, how many cars we had, our income level - questions I told her were none of her business. She called my phone trying to get answers from me until I had her phone number blocked. They didn't get the information then and won't get it now.

cricketflea
cricketflea 09/06/09 - 10:12 am
There will be ONE question I

There will be ONE question I answer on this census also. How many people llive in your house? You better watch this guy. He is trying to take away every right we have as CITIZENS. For instance, this Bill, Senate Bill SB-2099 will REQUIRE us to put on our 2009 1040 federal tax forms a list of all guns that you have or own! It may require fingerprints and a TAX of $50 per gun! How do you collectors like that? The bill was introduced on Feb 24 and will become public knowledge 30 days AFTER it is voted into law! This is an Amendment to the IRA act of 1986, meaning that the finance committee can pass it without the Senate voting on it at all! Don't take MY word for it! Contact your Senator! Ask him! Check it out! http://www.opencongress..org/bill/111-h45/text or http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show For those of us who do NOT comply and are found out if this bill passes, WE will be the criminals and can be put in PRISON for up to five years! I have a detailed email about this if you want it with many more website addys. Ask me for it at Cricketfleaz@aol.com I don't want to live in a police state!!

Tigger_The_Tiger
Tigger_The_Tiger 09/06/09 - 10:17 am
You should fear a government

You should fear a government that fears your guns.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 09/06/09 - 10:23 am
This census isn't being

This census isn't being handled the same as all previous ones were done. Pay attention to the people prezbho surrounds himself with. If you're not concerned -- You are NOT paying attention...

OG Native
OG Native 09/06/09 - 10:24 am
As a person just reaching my

As a person just reaching my family history, the census records were the only way I found my family in Louisiana in 1850. Wouldn't you want your family to be able to find you later on? From some of these comments though, maybe not. ;)

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 09/06/09 - 10:33 am
How would someone not be able

How would someone not be able to find you when you have to give name and say how many live in the house? What more do they need?

accuracyplease
accuracyplease 09/06/09 - 10:39 am
Mr/Ms Tigger: "When Obama

Mr/Ms Tigger: "When Obama seized control of the Census from the commerce department, he crossed the line of separation of power.." perhaps needs to brush up on basic civics. The Department of Commerce is part of the Executive Branch, which President Obama heads. I have participated in every census since 1970 and except for one year, I filled out the short form, which is what most of you will receive. The long form was distributed to a tiny proportion of households and involved that frightening question about how many toilets...which can be determined easily from property tax records. The IRS has much more sensitive information than the Census will generate. This is like birhters, tenthers, and all the other erthers, just another non-controversy to stir up and frighten people who cannot think for themselves. Be rational, people! The census comes every 10 years and is no different today than it was 50 years ago.

overburdened_taxpayer
overburdened_taxpayer 09/06/09 - 10:44 am
The proposed law you mention

The proposed law you mention cricketflea is the "Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009" and it effectively requires Americans to register MOST guns with the federal government. A slick move to find out where all the guns are when they are ready to take them all away from us.