Rally to amplify health care concerns

While it is far too late to derail some decisions already made by the current administration, which seems to operate sans opposition, the health care reform dubbed "Obamacare" has yet to be decided upon.

Town hall meetings -- a deceptive, revitalized phrase to ensure that the average American citizen feels his/her voice is being heard -- have been held across this once-great nation for several weeks. There is no shortage of coverage of these through national media outlets -- most of which depict angry crowds engaging in verbal fisticuffs. Neither the proponents nor the opponents are accurately informed (nor, it seems, is Congress).

It is human nature to fear the unknown, and there is much unknown about this recent reform. Adding to this fear is the recent history of edicts handed down from Washington. The economic reforms were pushed through Congress at such an expedited rate that many senators and representatives barely had a chance to read the lengthy document.

To prevent further rash decisions based on zero research, citizens are gathering for a Stop ObamaCare (SOC) Rally. Politicians, medical professionals and people who have experienced socialized health care firsthand are slated to speak and will take questions from the audience.

Citizens are encouraged to bring socks to the SOC Rally. There are plans to mail these to Washington in disapproval of the current proposed health care reform. Boxes will be purchased from the Postal Service, which is in dire need of economic stimulation.

There are rumors that said socks needn't be clean. I encourage people to attend the rally to be informed on important issues; possibly have their voices heard; and, if nothing else, stuff a box with their week-old socks.

Regardless of political views, everyone can agree that those in Washington need to be reminded who pays their salaries. I can think of no better way than to send them laundry that we can no longer afford to wash.

Chris Phillips

Augusta

(The rally will be from 5 to 9 p.m. Thursday at the Jessye Norman Amphitheater on Riverwalk Augusta.)

OBX
OBX 09/02/09 - 03:45 pm
RCR, When you make comments

RCR, When you make comments such as your 3:30 post you really show your ignorance.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 09/02/09 - 03:47 pm
Is the RNC providing Pizza

Is the RNC providing Pizza and Beer to rile up the [filtered word]s? I might just show up for some free GOP food.

Rose
Rose 09/02/09 - 03:48 pm
RCR I hope a big crowd of

RCR I hope a big crowd of democrats show up at that tea party. I would go, but I don't feel the need to associate with losers. Repubs lost the election, so they will have to live with it, no matter how many tea parties they have.

InChristLove
InChristLove 09/02/09 - 03:49 pm
RCR, JHS1968 has provided

RCR, JHS1968 has provided some good information on here and for you to act so arrogant only leads me to believe that it doesn't matter what is in this health care bill, you could care less so long as it passes. You don't want to discuss issues you just want to be right, and if it hurt you and others along the way, so be it.

HillGuy
HillGuy 09/02/09 - 03:50 pm
GOP food is certainly better

GOP food is certainly better than liberal food.. just imagine it.. tofurkey, flax, granola, ...give me some chicken wings and ribs

carcraft
carcraft 09/02/09 - 03:51 pm
GACopperhead on Wed Sep 2,

GACopperhead on Wed Sep 2, 2009 5:39 AM The 10 admendment, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." So please Copper tell me where in the constitution the Government can force me to buy health insurance, other wise that power resides only with the states or people! That is a violaiton of the constitution..

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 09/02/09 - 03:55 pm
Hill Guy, that kind of food

Hill Guy, that kind of food will put you in need of some liberal Health Care!

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 09/02/09 - 03:56 pm
JS, I guesss Latwons 3:36

JS, I guesss Latwons 3:36 didn't come up on your screen.Puulleezze. ICL, it doesn't matter to you all the great provisions in this bill, you don't want nothing to do with Obama.Just like the Stimulus bill, good news for the American economy is bad news for Republicans.

carcraft
carcraft 09/02/09 - 03:56 pm
Retired Army on Wed Sep 2,

Retired Army on Wed Sep 2, 2009 5:39 AM Please tell me what hospital Obumbler was born in oh wise retired army! As I have stated many times I believe Obumbler was born in Hawaii but something about it stinks to high heaven. Obumbler's complete life is sealed. But since you are so smart and I am a dumb birther it should be easy for you...I will wait as I have day in and day out for you sheeple to tell me and nobody can tell me what hospital this wise wonderful obumbler was born in...BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa

draksig
draksig 09/02/09 - 03:58 pm
To the people who claim that

To the people who claim that the protest and tea parties against Obama's policies are organized by the Republican Party and are not a true grass roots effort, but mainly GACopperhead, I only wish that the Republicans were that organized. The Democrat groups and the leftist groups are the ones that have the networks in place to organize protests on a national scale. The Republicans have never been able to get people out like this. And even if they did, so what? Democrats, leftist groups and Unions, when they organize protests, often bus in protesters from many surrounding states to make the photo-op look good for the evening news and CNN. At least the protesters at town hall meetings and tea bag parties are locals. What you see is Democracy in action and is the stuff this nation was founded on.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 09/02/09 - 03:59 pm
Rose, I hope they schedule a

Rose, I hope they schedule a rally for those who support Health Reform. I'm looking into it.

southernguy08
southernguy08 09/02/09 - 04:01 pm
No NIKO, but the White House

No NIKO, but the White House could probably order up another beer summitt for you. I'm conservative, so I won't be invited.

jack
jack 09/02/09 - 04:01 pm
GaC, when did YOU read HR

GaC, when did YOU read HR 3200? Hmmmmm didn't think so. Wha you want (and your previous posts clearly stateit) is some one else (tax payer) to povide YOU with health care insurance because your employer doesn't provide it and you can't afford it. So I have to ask, why are you still with the same employer rather than one with those fringe benefits? A little less wages more than makes up for good health insurance. What have you done to get a better job so you CAN afford health insurance (or better job)? Well, how about answering this right wing, radical, lying, misinformed (just a few leftist epithets) conservative.

OBX
OBX 09/02/09 - 04:04 pm
I hope a big crowd of

I hope a big crowd of democrats show up at that tea party. I would go, but I don't feel the need to associate with losers...Posted by Rose on Wed Sep 2, 2009 3:48 PM So Rose, with whom did you associate with the past 8 years if you don't associate with losers? I did see Latwon's post and he clearly responded to your "baited" post....

GACopperhead
GACopperhead 09/02/09 - 04:09 pm
You can have this deleted if

You can have this deleted if you will....GO TO HELL CORGIMOM! How DARE you insult my son who put his life on the line for your lazy fat[filtered word]ed self to sit on the couch eating bon bons and whining over the fact that you are a lazy worthless no good......he fought so that you could be here whining and listening to the liars who are out to protect their insane profiteering. Go ahead, AC, ban me from here permanently. NOBODY insults my family, especially one who honorably served his country during a worthless, pointless war. You don't deserve to live in this country.

Niko Mahs
Niko Mahs 09/02/09 - 04:10 pm
And Southern Guy, I would go

And Southern Guy, I would go to such a summit in order to see my hero and my President!

justthefacts
justthefacts 09/02/09 - 04:10 pm
ICL, you broke the code in

ICL, you broke the code in your 3:49. That's why all this arguing is non productive. But...fun to read.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 09/02/09 - 04:11 pm
Hey JS, it look like rain

Hey JS, it look like rain tommorrow.LOL I have theme,"Sore Losers Soundoff". Call Al Sharpton, maybe he can give give y'all some advise.

RichmondCountyResident1
RichmondCountyResident1 09/02/09 - 04:14 pm
Justhefacts, with his

Justhefacts, with his imformative two sentences. You're right, we won't change our minds.

GACopperhead
GACopperhead 09/02/09 - 04:14 pm
jack, look at my first

jack, look at my first posts....they were OF THE BILL, verbatim. It proves you are all full of it. You disgust me. You lie, and I'm sure you cheat and steal too, since they all go together. I'm finished with you. I HOPE you all pull out your phallic replacements and TRY to start an armed rebellion. I'll be the first one out there to defend my country against you.

jack
jack 09/02/09 - 04:15 pm
lso, bring your video

lso, bring your video cameras! Post it to Youtube. Let the world see how these idiots act! Let Georgians see that their Congress people are being paid off by big medical and insurance interests.
Posted by GACopperhead on Wed Sep 2, 2009 5:43 AM....If you believe "YOUR" Congressmen aren't paid by lobbyists, then you are more stupid than I thought.

Irish
Irish 09/02/09 - 04:16 pm
RCR,GAC,AND ROSE....now

RCR,GAC,AND ROSE....now there's a combination for you....I hope you guys turn out too.. Come with open minds and not pre printed signs and attitudes. Listen to what working Americans have to say and maybe you'll learn something....It can't always be about you mendicants ....you won, get over it ,,,why so frustrated and miserable. be happy don't worry, next week the teleprompter in charge is repackaging his manure in a new bag in hopes of selling it. You could ride that "race" horse you're so fond of to the rally.......

OBX
OBX 09/02/09 - 04:19 pm
Just like the Stimulus bill,

Just like the Stimulus bill, good news for the American economy is bad news for Republicans. Posted byRichmondCountyResident on Wed Sep 2, 2009 3:56 PM.."It will be difficult to gauge the economic benefit of stimulus since we won't know ... how the economy would have performed without stimulus. Indeed I expect the economy to lose another 3 million jobs with stimulus but over 4 million without it," said Mark Zandi, chief economist at Moody's Economy.com, whose research was relied upon by lawmakers to make the case for the economic recovery package.

jack
jack 09/02/09 - 04:21 pm
I posted straight from the

I posted straight from the bill to back my points, not someone's interpretation of it. It's only 7:00, southern, on Wednesday, yet I already have 22 hours in at work. How many do you have in? Not one person has yet to post a single piece of text from HR3200 that backs their view, nor has anyone answered how, if I pay 23% income tax, SSI and Medicare, and BUY the government option plan, they are "taking care of me" ?
Posted by GAC....I am pretty sure I make as much a month in income as you do, if no more and I come no where near the 23% bracket. If in fact YOU pay 23% income tax, then you certainly make enough to pay for health insurance.

jack
jack 09/02/09 - 04:25 pm
If nothing else, it will tell

If nothing else, it will tell the Republicans to grow a pair and discuss HR 3200 on its merits and faults and not just spread lies about it. Maybe Billy and Co. will run a good half dozen or so editorial and letters to promote our rally as he has done for this group ( and still 2 days to go).
Posted by TechLover on Wed Sep 2, 2009 7:31 AM....The Republicans havng any input to HR3200 would be a first. Why not show up for the coming rally? Opposition is always welcome. That's what makes a debate.

GACopperhead
GACopperhead 09/02/09 - 04:26 pm
No, I just don't have any

No, I just don't have any deductions. It rots, but it's my country, and I PAY MY TAXES, without complaining......much.

InChristLove
InChristLove 09/02/09 - 04:27 pm
What has gotten into you

What has gotten into you today GACopperhead? Usually you come on here and debate issues, maybe a little aggressively as well as others but today you are over the top. The only thing I saw relating to your son was the fact mentioning him going to Canada to have his child. I agree sometimes these post get passionate and can make the blood boil but you really shouldn't let a few individual postings blow your cool like this. People think and post logically when they keep their wits about them.

jack
jack 09/02/09 - 04:31 pm
JS, I guesss Latwons 3:36

Posted by RichmondCountyResident on Wed Sep 2, 2009 3:56 PM....Name the "great provisions" in HR 3200. As for the porkulus bill, exactly what effect has it had on improving our economy or slowing down the spiraling unemployment? Name ONE thng BimbObama has accomplished that has helped this country in any way.

GACopperhead
GACopperhead 09/02/09 - 04:33 pm
My last post on this subject,

My last post on this subject, for good, which will make you Republiars happy I'm sure. The bill WILL pass, and Dems will be re-elected in 2010 and 2012. While this is occurring, I will be sitting back, taking my pleasure in the grief it causes you all. You are lucky that it is God who will judge you, because even with your faults, you are HIS children. I will find a different source for my news from now on.

jack
jack 09/02/09 - 04:34 pm
Latwon, I'll bet I make three

Latwon, I'll bet I make three times folks like you.You're talking and you probably get some form of government check yourself. Oh I'm very awake and know what your real motives are.I hope the tea party give you your temporary fix before Healthcare Reform pass.
Posted by RichmondCountyResident on Wed Sep 2, 2009 3:30 PM....Hell, drug dealers make a hell of a lot more than I do. With your miserable version of the English language, I doubt seriously you make twice as much as LaTwon, let aloe three times as much unless you are a drig dealer or one hell of a snake oil salesman..