Well, who is she channeling?

Supporters predicted that seeing Hillary Clinton on the international stage would be "breathtaking."

Indeed, she might have made some folks gasp recently in the Congo.

She was asked recently by a student there what President Obama thought on a certain international issue. Trouble was, the interpreter got it wrong, and the question came out as if the student were asking Mrs. Clinton what Mr. Clinton thought.

Unbecoming the country's top diplomat, the secretary of state spit back at the student, "You want me to tell you what my husband thinks? My husband is not secretary of state; I am. If you want my opinion I will tell you my opinion. I am not going to be channeling my husband."

The anger was breathtaking in her face and voice, especially for a supposed ambassador. Maybe she was stinging from her husband's recent diplomatic coup in winning the release of two hostages from North Korea. Or perhaps her nose for sexism, real or imagined, is simply always on high alert.

Either way, her behavior was hardly becoming of America's top diplomat, or even a gentleman or -- dare we say it without a sharp rebuke? -- a lady.

jsherrill
jsherrill 08/12/09 - 04:06 am
Bill Clinton has upstaged

Bill Clinton has upstaged Hillary yet again and she does not like it. Is Bill the secret weapon in the State Department arsenal?

Nativeson1
Nativeson1 08/12/09 - 05:15 am
"Indeed, she might have made

"Indeed, she might have made some folks gasp recently in the Congo" Actually she probably gave women of the Congo something to admire, considering they have no rights and are raped by men who go unpunished. She was attending a forum on women issues, and perhaps that had something to do with her sharp response..Either way I don't see it as a problem as much as it has been made out to be...

dashiel
dashiel 08/12/09 - 05:41 am
It's kinda nice having a

It's kinda nice having a Secretary of State with big ones of her own instead of a back-pedaling doubletalking motormouth novelty act gushing nothingness.

ldsmith1
ldsmith1 08/12/09 - 06:11 am
"gushing nothingness" Hmmm.

"gushing nothingness" Hmmm. You do have a way with words, Dash. If only your logic were on par with your eloquence... Hillary has gained status simply because of who she married. Condi Rice is a self-made woman.

dashiel
dashiel 08/12/09 - 06:26 am
au contraire, smith. Slick

au contraire, smith. Slick Willie has gained status simply because of who he married. Ms. Rice was an appointed negative stereotype of African Americans. She was also a posturing chowderhead.

opiner
opiner 08/12/09 - 06:29 am
While no intelligent person,

While no intelligent person, including me, would consider Hillery's political views realistic in any form, her irritation at the misinterpreted question is understandable and I felt her reply was within reason, considering who and what Hillary is. NO ONE expected her to be the voice of diplomacy when she was made SOS, (but she seems to be what Obama wants in the office). Her response wasn't a gaff and was within reason for the personality we've all seen since 1990.

opiner
opiner 08/12/09 - 06:30 am
for someone who seems to be

for someone who seems to be happy being wrong at almost every point, dashiel, you're still very consistent.

colcamp1
colcamp1 08/12/09 - 06:36 am
Way to go Hillary. They never

Way to go Hillary. They never would have asked that question of to a man.

Grasshopper
Grasshopper 08/12/09 - 06:44 am
LMAO that's a funny story,

LMAO that's a funny story, wonder why she isn't president?

dashiel
dashiel 08/12/09 - 07:07 am
Thanks, opiner. You're

Thanks, opiner. You're pretty consistent yourself.

concernednative
concernednative 08/12/09 - 07:41 am
I think the nature of the

I think the nature of the event had something to do with her response. It was about women and to get a question like that threw her off her game. Love or hate Hillary she is normally pretty disciplined and on her game.

Lobosolo
Lobosolo 08/12/09 - 07:51 am
Who does Michael Ryan

Who does Michael Ryan channel? Glen Beck? Another piece of journalistic vapidity by the AC.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/12/09 - 07:56 am
That was such a telling

That was such a telling moment when Hillary lost it. Hilarious. I don't care what else she does, people will remember the incident.

themaninthemirror
themaninthemirror 08/12/09 - 08:11 am
Well, one thing is for sure,

Well, one thing is for sure, she has been "screwed" by old Bill long enough. She's not going to take it anymore. By the statement she made, she is implicating that she and Bill do not share the same views. She is her own woman!

aftbrn
aftbrn 08/12/09 - 08:38 am
Hilliary just showing her

Hilliary just showing her true colors, tired of being upstgaed by Bill. She should be used to it by now riding his coat tails all they way.

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/12/09 - 08:40 am
Hillary seems to have a

Hillary seems to have a problem with translations. Remember the gaffe with the Russsian Foreign Minister? The Democratic administration running our foreign policy has the world smiling I bet. What about giving the Queen of England an IPOD for a gift and giving her a squeeze, girlfriend like? Hahaha...you couldn't make these things up.

convertedsoutherner
convertedsoutherner 08/12/09 - 08:48 am
Here comes the excuse, defend

Here comes the excuse, defend and blame anyone else crew. hitlary showed who she really is. She is suppose to be representing our country and showed the true personality of the libs. To put down a woman in another country, like she did, shows a total lack of composure and class.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/12/09 - 08:51 am
Dashiel, I agree with your

Dashiel, I agree with your 5:41. I'm glad it wasn't Obama there as well.

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/12/09 - 08:52 am
Can you imagine being married

Can you imagine being married to that? I tell you, I never blamed Bill for his messing around. How could you?

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/12/09 - 08:56 am
Hillary tries to be so

Hillary tries to be so independent and does such foolish things. Maybe the Botox injections have affected her brain? The people who surround her are afraid to say anything and she rambles on. Remember during the campaign when she was in the bar in PA drinking a beer and trying to act like one of the people. This old grizzled guy at the bar gave her a glass with a double shot of hard liquor in it to wash down with the beer sort of boilermaker like. Haha, danged if she didn't turn the thing up. I mean hard drinking me, wouldn't do that.

justus4
justus4 08/12/09 - 09:40 am
Wow! Cheap shots about high

Wow! Cheap shots about high standards from a top diplomat from this bunch. HA! What a joke! Look at the town hall meetings. Is that an example of high standards of conduct? What about the lynchings talk? The offensive symbols painted on signs. Great example of civility, eh? And U get paid to write this stuff? Again, wow!

obamtheflimflamman
obamtheflimflamman 08/12/09 - 09:48 am
She is just like obamamoron,

She is just like obamamoron, doesn't have a clue as to what the job entails!

justthefacts
justthefacts 08/12/09 - 09:53 am
Hillary is frustrated, While

Hillary is frustrated, While Obama travels to China, Russian, etc., Hillary is sent to the Congo? No CNN, not even Fox News. Obama has effectively buried her. Smart guy that Obama.

ramble
ramble 08/12/09 - 10:00 am
I don't agree with Hiliary's

I don't agree with Hiliary's politics, but don't blame her one bit for the response to the question. It was warranted and rational and any woman in her position would likely have responded in the same way. There are enough reasons to disagree with her politics without making such a big deal out of little things that don't matter. Get a life people.

Roeschen
Roeschen 08/12/09 - 10:08 am
There is no excuse for her

There is no excuse for her curt, rude behavior. As for being married to Bill, she tolerated him being a rapist for all those years. Again, she has no one else to blame but herself. She only stayed with him to get to where she is.

obamtheflimflamman
obamtheflimflamman 08/12/09 - 10:28 am
Hill is a non player on the

Hill is a non player on the political scene. She should realize it and resign befoe obamamoron's admin embarrasses her more!

Riverman1
Riverman1 08/12/09 - 10:47 am
Hillary following Condeleezza

Hillary following Condeleezza Rice as Sec. of State is like a great song on the radio being followed by a commercial for Annis Pest Control.

concernednative
concernednative 08/12/09 - 10:51 am
Riverman1, what did Condi

Riverman1, what did Condi accomplish as SOS. Please I normally don't ask a lot of questions on this board. But, I anxiously await your answer.

change display name
change display name 08/12/09 - 10:52 am
Would she be as pissy if she

Would she be as pissy if she was asked the origianal question about what Obama thought? I could see her saying "How am I supposed to know what he's thinking? I am not going to be chanelling my president."

AsItIs
AsItIs 08/12/09 - 10:56 am
I agree with

I agree with Riverman1...Condi is a tough act to follow; however, I have to side with ol Hill this time...... poor questions desserve poor answers.....sometimes the MEDIA is to blame!!!

2 bodies recovered from Keg Creek

Columbia County authorities have identified two Oglethorpe County men who died after their car plunged into Keg Creek early Sunday.